Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lloris/Gazzaniga

Aurier/KWP
Alderweireld/Sanchez
Vertonghen/Foyth
Tierney/Davies

Ndombele/Sissoko
Winks/Dier
Eriksen/Lo Celso
Dele/Sessegnon/Lamela
Son/Lucas

Kane/Llorente

I've tweaked it a bit. If we can somehow do that I think we would be close to Pool/City.

Thing is we're already at 40m net spend. Selling Rose, Wanyama, Onomah, Janssen, and nkodou will probably get it down to 5m net spend so adding Lo Celso, Sess and Tierney probably isn't realistic. That's like 115m net spend which isn't happening.

I've tweaked it a bit. If we can somehow do that I think we would be close to Pool/City.

Thing is we're already at 40m net spend. Selling Rose, Wanyama, Onomah, Janssen, and nkodou will probably get it down to 5m net spend so adding Lo Celso, Sess and Tierney probably isn't realistic. That's like 115m net spend which isn't happening.
Tierney can't defend and is injury-prone, would be a typical Woolwich signing imo.

Purely in terms of cash....

We've spent 70m and had 30m in sales (inc. Dembele) so far.... If we get another 25m for Rose and shift a few fringers like GKN, Onomah or like you say Wanyama... We're pretty much on break even again....

Assuming there's money on the pot Lo Celso & Sessengon (eg) seems fairly feasible to me.

Since you mention cash, I think our big money signings like Ndombele and if/when Lo Celso are paid for in installments. I very much doubt we are shelling out the whole 60 odd mill for Ndombele in one lump sum and the same will apply to Lo Celso.

So I think we still have plenty of money in the pot to spend and although we have previously tended to break even with our transfer business I believe this summer we should significantly spend more than we recoup

8053f63b919778db955a8d9386c249a8.jpg
I didn’t see you at the last family reunion. How did you get this picture?

Tierney would be a superb signing, but Poch loves Davies, and to be fair Davies has always been there when called upon.

If we can ship out Wanyama, Rose, N'Koudou, Janssen and Onomah then I agree that'll come down a lot, probably put his back in a minus net spend. I said at the beginning of the window I think we'll end the window with a +80-90m net spend, and if we sign Lo Celso and Sessengon, and keep hold of Eriksen then it'll be about right.

Be interesting to see what happens with Lamela. He'll drop right down the order.. Eriksen, Dele, Lo Celso, Son and Lucas will all be ahead of him. Obviously he'd be good for cup competitions, but I think if we got offered £20m or could use him in a deal sweetener then it'd be a good move.

ITK reporting Eriksen has signed a new deal.......

So this is bang on our starting 11 next season.

Lloris
Toby - Sanchez - Jan
N'Dombele - Lo Celso
Eriksen - Dele
Son - Kane - Bale​

Son and Bale gonna be doing a lo of running in that shape, wing backs that high up WOW...

:pochsmirk:

Back
Top Bottom