Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Meanwhile, the mighty Xhaka is mooted to be their new team captain, the 'war' with Kosielny rages on, doubts about Holding being a viable prospect moving forward begin to gather pace and they're giddy about the prospect of being a training camp for RM's stugglers.

Eye's of win on the prize eh, Goon muppets? :freundgoal:
Checkout my post on their thread...they're after some giant from Olympiakos.

I hope we will be spending and adding much needed quality in the middle and forward positions.
BUT that defence you are suggesting is untried untested could be a risk.

To some extent it’s a risk. Problem is who would we get in, proven RB’s are expensive and even Alves who was the best in the world a few years ago at age 36 could get hammered in the prem.

I tend to think Foyth is a star in the making so I am not shitting myself just yet.

Do you think we are likely to do any deals while the team and Poch are in Singapore? I assume Levy stayed in London but Poch is for sure integral to new players joining us. Maybe Lo Celso and Sessegnon because both players apparently want to come but Levy is playing hardball on the deals. So who else ?

I'd assume at this stage any lists of players would have been compiled by now...

Can"t be much scouting that can be done during this phase of the summmer afterall.

As for who's on the list, who knows, but we've been linked with loads of players this summer, a lot of which have not bagged transfers yet.... I'd assume that any legit rumours are simply sparked by us sniffing about; asking potential prices etc....

You might be right but the window's not over. If Ndombele has been financed from a planned sale of Eriksen, then its the same as before.

Net spend? Mo'... Dat you? : P

I jest, but it would still very much piss all over the narrative that emanates from the John Thomas's of this world, whom continue riff off of the idea that we sell all out top players to make profit which is subsequently siphoned out of the club.

Last edited:

This video has slightly put me at ease with regards that right back position, and I do still think there is something in Aurier.

If we can keep Eriksen and sign Lo Celso, it may be one of the best transfer windows ever. If you really look at it we are quite desperate for another creative outlet other than Eriksen, and I have little faith in Lamela filling that role. It seems Lo Celso is also another player who can adapt to multiple positions across the middle of the park, so the transfer seems to make sense.

I don't think anything will happen with right back, unless a bid comes in for Aurier which is too good to refuse. Foyth has shown he can play there, Aurier has put in some good performances there and KWP is worthy of a chance.

If Rose goes then left back is the main area for improvement along with midfield.

I think Lo Celso and Sessengon will be our business then a few outgoings.

Depends, if we can move Wanyama on then Lo Celso may take his spot. It seems like he is quite versatile.

I think it's unlikely we can afford him without selling Eriksen but I suppose if we can get £30m for Rose and Wanyama combined, plus whatever we can scrape together from Janssen and Nkoudou, maybe we can just about manage it.

We have offered a new one year deal to Llorente so we may have given up on signing a new forward so that we can spend in other areas.

Purely in terms of cash....

We've spent 70m and had 30m in sales (inc. Dembele) so far.... If we get another 25m for Rose and shift a few fringers like GKN, Onomah or like you say Wanyama... We're pretty much on break even again....

Assuming there's money in the pot, Lo Celso & Sessengon (eg) seems fairly feasible to me.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom