Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Le celso will be in next week by all accounts. Couple of FB and we can challenge. No way liverpool will get near 97 points again. My head says city by 10-15 points though. Until pep leaves they will dominate

Lo Celso

exp19.jpg
That’s in the Express, so I suspect it will say Lo Celso will want the Spurs move as he thinks Brexit was brilliant and suspects foul play in the death of Princess Diana.

Do you think we are likely to do any deals while the team and Poch are in Singapore? I assume Levy stayed in London but Poch is for sure integral to new players joining us. Maybe Lo Celso and Sessegnon because both players apparently want to come but Levy is playing hardball on the deals. So who else ?
Levy out there with them I believe but a lot can be done/finalised over the phone/internet if the initial foundations of a deal have already been made as well. I think the Sessegnon deal just needs rubber stamping, the guy only wants to go to one club and that's us.
Lo Celso is becoming less and less likely with every passing day the media would have you believe but I have a sneaky suspicion it's also a done deal.
Probably need to sort out the sale of a couple of players and balance the books. Levy is an accountant after all, then announcements will follow.
I'd just like to think that there was a plan B in the shadows in case things didn't go to plan. Be great to get those two then pick up a real bargain buy just before the window shuts....but for now I'll look forward to the Juventus match. Perhaps Levy will be chatting to them on Sunday ? :thumbup:

ITK reporting Eriksen has signed a new deal.......

So this is bang on our starting 11 next season.

Lloris
Toby - Sanchez - Jan
N'Dombele - Lo Celso
Eriksen - Dele
Son - Kane - Bale​

No, as I've said before. Gonna be very difficult to shift him because he's overpaid. Plus I think he likes living in London too much. Dumb contract to give out.

If he spends August not involved let's see how much he wants to play football or just sit on his arse and earn 100k a week.

To be fair N-Dubz, you guaranteed his exit years ago... Before any contract was renewed. Your fat elvis avatar is testament to you're being wrong about him. I'd have thought it was fairly evident from the way he aquits himself on the pitch that he loves playing football. You made the london part up yourself.... Not unlike you were willing to, in blinkered fashion, buy into all the dumb shit written about drug addiction and stuff earlier in his tenure.

Everything I read says he's on 80kpw (4.16m). Not chicken feed of course, but 20% less than you claim.

Like any of our players, we won't actively seek to move them on unless the gaffa wants them gone.... Not based on how much negative hype is stirred up by their detractors on the internet.

Last edited:
The first part is true and the second, less so. Messi is a very 1 footed player and though he has scored a few with his right they are usually last ditch or 1 touch goals. Messi is not cranking them in from the 'D' with his right foot like true 2 footed players, not remotely.

He is a very 1 footed player but the limitations are not seen because he is so good otherwise. It is starting to tell now as he loses his edge in pace. But he is not tragically 1 footed like Lamela.

There are degrees of 'one-footedness' (excuse the made up word). Most players favour one foot, it's having the ability to throw players off or keep them at bay knowing you can and will use the other foot if necessary. Lamella is pretty predictable... I still really like him and feel he deserves his spot. He's been through a lot and always gives 100%. We need a high calibre of sub on our bench, players who have the skill and intensity to change a game. Lamella is this so I think it's worth keeping him around if possible. He has a good attitude.

VoiceOfThePoshSeats VoiceOfThePoshSeats . I've been too busy in the toilet with a few other notable members to actively participate up till now.
But I just noticed your yellow card!
Probably the last person I ever expected to get one.
Wtf is this all about mate?

:sonlol:
He got yellow for starting this thread.

romantic... Dembele was done, he knew it, we knew it... was a sad day seeing his reign come to an end but I beleive it ended at the right time and the best possible way for all involved. Looking forward to the day he goes into coaching and comes back to teach our youfs his crazy and unique skillz.

Walker is the only first team player in recent years we've had to sell. Simply put we pay good wages and are an attractive club. There really are only a handful of other clubs a player could step up to... part of it is down to whether those other clubs want said player. As we're finding with CE perhaps he's not quite at their level

Back
Top Bottom