Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Saliba seems very promising from the little I’ve seen of him, but really don’t think we need spend 30m plus wages on young CB right now, we’ve got Dier, Sanchez, Foyth and Eyoma to cover RCB.

We could get Fekir for that. We could get Weigl, Berge, Diawara (could have), Atal or the Spanish Zagreb fella.

There’s also other very promising young CB’s around like the two 20yo RB lads - Upamecano, Konate - or (19yo Marseille) that we could go after.

Saliba seems very promising from the little I’ve seen of him, but really don’t think we need spend 30m plus wages on young CB right now, we’ve got Dier, Sanchez, Foyth and Eyoma to cover RCB.

We could get Fekir for that. We could get Weigl, Berge, Diawara (could have), Atal or the Spanish Zagreb fella.

There’s also other very promising young CB’s around like the two 20yo RB lads - Upamecano, Konate - or (19yo Marseille) that we could go after.
Agree, hilarity aside, there is probably some young CBs we can focus on for a lot less.

*Rumours..even Stevie Nicks and Buckinghan knew that?
giphy.gif

So we are linked with Zaniolo who doesnt want to leave Roma and if he really has to would like to join Juve

Then we have Saliba who wants to join Woolwich rather than us

And finally Cellabos who would only be prepared to join us for a season long loan and then fuck off back to Madrid

Lovin' it :pochunimpressed:

Don't see that one is linked with the other (CB for the future) tbh...

With the whole loan-back idea it'll be a deal for tomorrow; both literally and in terms of the balance sheet; it needn't hamper today.

Also, who's to say the other CBs you mention wouldn't cost similar... I'd suspect they would if Saliba's sale sets any degree of a precedent.

So we are linked with Zaniolo who doesnt want to leave Roma and if he really has to would like to join Juve

And finally Cellabos who would only be prepared to join us for a season long loan and then fuck off back to Madrid

Lo Celso & Sessegnon want us baaaaaaaaaaaaad

And Ndombele is homesick haha

So he would rather go to a club falling apart with internal strife and play Europa League than one that is emerging slowly as a real force ok good luck with that if true.
He'd rather go to a club where he'll see minutes. Can't fault him for that. And in 3 years he'll still be only 21. Maddison chose Leicester for exactly the same reason and I'm sure numerous other prospects eschewed us for guaranteed playing time, even if at a lesser club.

Back
Top Bottom