Summer 2019 - Pre Season (ICC , Audi Cup & Other Matches)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Those of you who watched the game. How did the youngsters do? And Ndombele? KWP?

The youngsters played the first half (only Dele, Son, Winks, Lamela, Alderweireld of the 'old' guard) and made Juve (Ronaldo and all) look ordinary . Special mention to KWP, Georgiou, Skipp and Parrot (who put himself about). Credit to Lamela for his goal.

All change at half time (5 subs, Jan, Kane, Lucas, Sissoko + 1 other). Ndombele came on about the 75th minute and set up Lucas with his first pass. Very impressive.

Kane looked a bit rusty but memorably left de Ligt for dead before curling it past the left post.

I missed Kane's winner as I was dragged out shopping. Watch it on Youtube.

The youngsters played the first half (only Dele, Son, Winks, Lamela, Alderweireld of the 'old' guard) and made Juve (Ronaldo and all) look ordinary . Special mention to KWP, Georgiou, Skipp and Parrot (who put himself about). Credit to Lamela for his goal.

All change at half time (5 subs, Jan, Kane, Lucas, Sissoko + 1 other). Ndombele came on about the 75th minute and set up Lucas with his first pass. Very impressive.

Kane looked a bit rusty but memorably left de Ligt for dead before curling it past the left post.

I missed Kane's winner as I was dragged out shopping. Watch it on Youtube.

Juventus started training on Wednesday 10 July without the South Americans (Dybala, Cuadrado, Alex Sandro, Bentancur etc.). De Light arrived on Wednesday 17. And there is a new coach different from the previous one.

Allegri

allegri.juve.sorrisone.2015.20161.1080x648.jpg

immagini-quotidiano-net-33-38.jpg

Juventus started training on Wednesday 10 July without the South Americans (Dybala, Cuadrado, Alex Sandro, Bentancur etc.). De Light arrived on Wednesday 17. And there is a new coach different from the previous one.

So pretty much on the same training schedule.

But Juve put out a full team whilst Spurs started with a team of half youth and half first teamers and with that we seemed to dominate Juve.

Not sure if it was tactics and pressing but certainly Spurs on top despite bookie predictions of Juve before the match

No excuse, I only say that it is a game after a few days of training and the goal of 3-2 like Polish comedy

Clear difference in fitness levels, so why not start with some youth players like we did? Seems reminiscent of the Sarri at Chelsea last season. Picking the same players all the time and trying to indoctrictrinate them into Sarriball. I don't think it's gonna end well at all. Ajax made you look ponderous so you bring in Rabiot and Ramsey? And Matuidi's still there. I'll take Winks, Skipp, Ndombele and possibly Lo Celso over those three any day.

I think it was just a great goal by Kane. He nearly pulled off something similar against Dortmund in the CL. Rabiot gave the ball in a place you simply can't. Not the keeper's fault.

It’s the history of Juventus. They always create many chances and score so much, but in the end they miss [lack] something.

In terms of players getting a decent rest during the summer as well as getting Ndombele in, this has to be our best pre-season in many a year. We are ready to rumble. I can't really understand why the African Nations cup was held in July but it didn't affect us in the slightest, apart from Wanyama.

Clear difference in fitness levels, so why not start with some youth players like we did? Seems reminiscent of the Sarri at Chelsea last season. Picking the same players all the time and trying to indoctrictrinate them into Sarriball. I don't think it's gonna end well at all. Ajax made you look ponderous so you bring in Rabiot and Ramsey? And Matuidi's still there. I'll take Winks, Skipp, Ndombele and possibly Lo Celso over those three any day.

I think it was just a great goal by Kane. He nearly pulled off something similar against Dortmund in the CL. Rabiot gave the ball in a place you simply can't. Not the keeper's fault.

Rabiot has lost a stupid ball but when you suffer a goal from midfield it is "always" the goalkeeper's fault: concentration

So pretty much on the same training schedule.

But Juve put out a full team whilst Spurs started with a team of half youth and half first teamers and with that we seemed to dominate Juve.

Not sure if it was tactics and pressing but certainly Spurs on top despite bookie predictions of Juve before the match

It's summer football: no coach would like to play these games after a few days from the start of the season. The fact is that companies take a lot of money to play and have a lot of visibility in strategic markets (Asia, America, etc.). I think that we should neither exalt nor depress ourselves

It's summer football: no coach would like to play these games after a few days from the start of the season. The fact is that companies take a lot of money to play and have a lot of visibility in strategic markets (Asia, America, etc.). I think that we should neither exalt nor depress ourselves

Agreed. I'm looking at it from the point of view of the youngsters who made up half the starting side

Whilst it's a friendly match the fact that the youngsters went for to toe with some very good players in the Juve side and acquired themselves very well is the plus I take from the match. Some of them may have shown enough to convince Poch to give them other chances with Spurs first team.

Back
Top Bottom