Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Why are they in danger of dissolving?

They are always in danger of dissolving. That's just the nature of football generally, especially when you're paying the 3rd best side the 6th most money.

Adding a Jack Grealish doesn't change that risk profile much. But the moves and lack of moves of this window demonstrate a complacency that would see the whole thing unravel if it continues.

We lost 3 of our most talented youngsters this summer didn't we? I mean if anyone thinks this was the plan all along they need their head examined.
Luke Amos is apparently our one to watch, he and Skipps could be a shock to some teams.

I am glad we didn't give in to Villas demands for £32m for Grealish, a good Champ level player but no more.

People have bought into the press-led nonsense of deadline day. This numpty found on the BBC live-thread seems to think that we haven't signed anyone decent since Van der Vaart. Where's he been for the last 4 years and does he know our current team? Plastic fantastic i reckon. He's basically mistaking the last time we made a great deadline-day signing with making any signing. Nitwit.

Well. Looks like Spurs not doing anything. Finally have taken over from Woolwich. Happy to come 4th. When did we last sign a player that made you sit up? Van der vaart?

1200 pages on a Summer Transfer Window thread.
No one signed.
No one sold.
Speechless.
Like I said, I am looking forward to the clubs explanation.
One of the funniest things is that some people think that Poch is actually happy with the situation. Like this was the plan all along.
At least at times like this the resident comedians on here continue to post plenty of shite we can laugh at.

Why shouldn't I go back to Newport? I paid good, hard earned money to travel and watch that shit giving up my valuable time in the process.

Hate to break it to you but we aren't a successful side yet. You need to do this thing called winning trophies, we are nowhere near that yet.

You keep believing the drivel put out by the club, enjoying all the montages of the players having great fun in training and the post match "We were unlucky" bollocks.

Short sighted again Levy, well done.
First and foremost, I enjoy seeing Spurs winning games of football. We do that more now, than in my entire life.

Do excuse me for enjoying it.

I was at somebody's house for a garden party, and sat on a bench that looked ok but wasn't - I heard a crack, noticed one of the slats snapping in two, and I'm not even that hefty.

TL-DR: backy-uppy not strongey-strongey, let alone upgrades on the first XI

But who would wanna be backup for us, when they could make four times the money being backup elsewhere or earn a bit more and be first choice in other PL clubs? What kind of player do you think should come to us to be backup? Crystal Palace pays Meyer 170k a week. He'd be backup for us, and would probably have to settle for something south of 70k.

And then there is the youth. If they aren't given the chance as backup players, how will we allow them game time? In other threads on these here forums, people are slating Poch for not playing the kids.

I do think Levy and Poch wanted to get in a few extra players, but I do believe they were trying hard to avoid another Janssen or Llorente - pure backup players who are not ready to push for a place in the first 11.

Here’s a question- can anyone name a signing anyone’s made that would walk into our first team no question?

Fred
Marhez
Fabinho
Keita?
I don't think that is the point - the point is, we are expecting players like Kane, Alli, Eriksen, Verts, Hugo, etc to play every game in every compitition! because our depth is not good enough without bringing in a few - that is why all the top clubs have players fighting over positions, we don't, we just have "back up" players, and that is not showing ambition and won't be good enough to challange those teams.

Look I don't know what went on behind closed doors this TW, but I can't beleive we have a large enough pool of talent scouts all over the world and we couldn't find one single player that would improve our 25 man squad - something is going on behind those doors that we don't know about, and I am sorry but I don't think it is good for the club's long term future whatever it is.

I am still proud to wear the shirt, will still sing and shout loud this season, but I have to say i will be shocked if we can get anywhere near top 4 and challange in CL and home cups with a squad this thin.

One of the funniest things is that some people think that Poch is actually happy with the situation. Like this was the plan all along.
At least at times like this the resident comedians on here continue to post plenty of shite we can laugh at.
It really is quite mental. Although to be fair I think the happy clapping peaked a while back when people we're posting pics of Poch smiling in the States to prove he's happy with the situation. It was at that point I realised some people were truly beyond reasoning.

Poch is not happy about the Suso deal. I know this for a FACT.

They are always in danger of dissolving. That's just the nature of football generally, especially when you're paying the 3rd best side the 6th most money.

Adding a Jack Grealish doesn't change that risk profile much. But the moves and lack of moves of this window demonstrate a complacency that would see the whole thing unravel if it continues.

I can’t see how not signing anyone can be considered complacent

Back
Top Bottom