Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Honestly, I'm embracing it. It's kind of our brand to be like this. To do things the hard way, prove people wrong against all odds. Just imagine how much more delicious it will be if we still finish above Liverpool even with all their fancy new signings. Imagine if we finally win a trophy in a season where we didn't sign a single player. I'm strangely excited for this season despite everything.
I am always excited before a season. Not just for Tottenham but to watch football in general. I am just a bit confused by our strategy. Not sure what we are trying to achieve this season. Is it stability? Top 4? Win the league or a cup (obviously not the league cup)? I wonder if Poch will say his aim is to win the league this season as he has said in previous seasons.

Honestly, I'm really split on the whole thing and my mood changes by the hour.

On one hand, it feels like if there was a time when adding a quality signing or two could push us over the edge into a truly remarkable team, this was it! There's a new stadium, key contract extensions, CL again, and coming off of an arguably very good season. The lack of signings and improvement seems like a very bad joke.

On the other hand, I'm kind of proud of Spurs. Even though we all complain at times, the fact that we have done more with less than any other team, building a quality side the right way is something I love about this club at the moment. We do have a quality side and coaches and I'm kind of happy that we didn't just pull a Liverpool or a City this time. We don't need to fall into the trap of stupid spending and signings to build a quality side.

8f2daa37e936a56457abd0d094671733.gif

Some dicksplash on Skysports saying that Wolves &a Fulham are doing better business than Man United at the moment. 1: it's a different ball game when trying to sign genuine class to the Grade 2 & 3 level signings those clubs can pick up for £15m here and there and an extortionate wage per week and 2: Why is business only deemed as good business if you buy or sell something? Surely it's far too early to claim something is a success seeing as a ball hasn't been kicked yet. The transfer window is fun but it's a medias dream come true when it comes to having ability to stir shit up and use gossip talk and morons to shift mindsets and papers.

If we sign up Eriksen & Dele and have been able to secure Pochettino, Kane, Sanchez, Winks, Lamela & Son long term when major clubs would have took them in a heartbeat I don't see it as as bad as it seems to be on face value. We run our club properly and not bowing to selling Alderweireld to a Premier League rival after the club said that Walker would be the last time that this would happen shows our mindset is changing. It really pisses me off that people see cash spent as success before a ball has been kicked. A lot of these deals will bite their new teams in the arse. We've been prudent in a time where people have genuinely gone ballistic with craving success at all costs. I'm more pissed off with the quality of our home kit than I am our transfer dealings. Ridiculous but true

We need to start taking opportunities, getting opportunities and fucking them up isn't enough if you want to dine at the top table and be taken seriously.
You also don't have the right to immediately start putting City, Madrid, Juve to the sword. You learn how to consistently beat them. This is a project. As Poch keeps telling you.

May as well kiss his career goodbye then. Yes its admirable but kind of smacks of a lack of ambition at 24.

Definitely won't be getting in the England squad playing in the Championship.
If he's not made a regular in the next two seasons, it's doubtful he'll ever become a regular in the side with the way the world cup squad-building works- he'll be too old by then.

Back
Top Bottom