Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sorry as I said earlier I follow Schalke and this move seems odd to me to all parties involved. Schalke are terribly ran and finance is tight, Rose wage is high in Bundesliga standards and I can't see why we would agree for such a move (especially when we have only 1 LB in the senior squad). Unless there's some deal here for McKennie or Harit

Suso doing his medical right now.
friendly-doctor-at-the-hospital-picture-id511583494

Sorry as I said earlier I follow Schalke and this move seems odd to me to all parties involved. Schalke are terribly ran and finance is tight, Rose wage is high in Bundesliga standards and I can't see why we would agree for such a move (especially when we have only 1 LB in the senior squad). Unless there's some deal here for McKennie or Harit
Return of Nabil!?

Morning chaps
Just thought I’d add my tuppence because I don’t think anyone else has spelt this out (obvs I may be the only one who thinks this!), and because I wanted to say it before the window shuts rather than after.

I support Spurs for many reasons of course, as do we all. But one of the reasons is that we are, in Levy’s own words in the Poch book, “the sort of club than makes superstars rather than buys them”. We are not likely to go out and buy £100m of players, and I support Spurs because of this and not, as most of you seem to feel, despite this.

I’m puzzled by how and why you all seem to think we are about to, or at least that we should. It’s like you’ve been supporting a different club all these years.

And I’m also puzzled that so many of you infer that the club (or personally the chairman or the manager) ‘lack ambition’, just because they won’t play this silly modern-football game of spending hundreds of millions of pounds on spoilt brats. You’ll have guessed I’m middle aged.....

I’m not trying to criticise anyone - I’m just flummoxed as to why you’d all get yourselves so worked up about it.

TL,DR: We are not Man City - and thank god for that.
I agree with you to a certain extent, BUT, we have not brought in or got rid of any dead wood - This is strange for a club that is "showing ambition". I think players like JG or RS are perfect for us - we are not spending 50/60 million for players, but surly we could have got young talent like these over the line early in the window and not broken the bank. I just think Levy likes to play the game and this window he has messed it up big time.
I think we will get rid of some players not wanted as we still have a month, but I can't see us getting anyone in at this point and that is sad.......

Back
Top Bottom