Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The delay for Grealish makes some sense.
Villa need to raise 40m~ to avoid FFP trouble.

The longer they go without recouping some funds via sales the more desperate they become.
The lower the fee Daniel has to pay.

Seems like their only other saleable asset is Chester.
Lot of older bodies in that squad.
Sadly he's not worth all this wait, imagine how long it will take us if we actually tried to sign a top class player

No doubt Grealish has talent. Is he good enough to get past Winks in a battle for a first team place let alone anyone else in that central midfield?

It's only rumours but I doubt anyone is overly inspired by this and I just struggle with how this mooted interest makes us better.

I am trying to keep a lid on it.

Sadly he's not worth all this wait, imagine how long it will take us if we actually tried to sign a top class player
Are you saying that the better the player the longer the negotiations? Because that seems stupid. It seems like you’re just trying to look for a reason to throw your arms in the air and curse the gods. “WHY ME?!?!”

The delay for Grealish makes some sense.
Villa need to raise 40m~ to avoid FFP trouble.

The longer they go without recouping some funds via sales the more desperate they become.
The lower the fee Daniel has to pay.

Seems like their only other saleable asset is Chester.
Lot of older bodies in that squad.
Yes. It seems you're absolutely right mate. Although it does make for a bizaare situation.

It seems only us who's manager felt forced to go public and plead for a change in approach in our transfer activity when expressing his desparation to have his targets secured for pre-season.
And yet it seems, almost as if to make a point, Levy digs his heels in further than ever to shave a few quid of the fee rather than get the player in earlier like Poch desired.
If Grealish really is a player Poch wants, its a sad indictment on our transfer strategy that we're still unable to secure his signature.
It'll be interesting to see how the next couple of weeks pan out .

Idk about you guys but I keep my faith we’ll get someone.

3880443.jpg

Are you saying that the better the player the longer the negotiations? Because that seems stupid. It seems like you’re just trying to look for a reason to throw your arms in the air and curse the gods. “WHY ME?!?!”
Of course not, my point is that it's pretty sad that we're all exciting of signing a championship player that imo we don't even need, where instead we can sign much better quality players with all this time we have. Especially with the window closing in 20 days.

Yes. It seems you're absolutely right mate. Although it does make for a bizaare situation.

It seems only us who's manager felt forced to go public and plead for a change in approach in our transfer activity when expressing his desparation to have his targets secured for pre-season.
And yet it seems, almost as if to make a point, Levy digs his heels in further than ever to shave a few quid of the fee rather than get the player in earlier like Poch desired.
If Grealish really is a player Poch wants, its a sad indictment on our transfer strategy that we're still unable to secure his signature.
It'll be interesting to see how the next couple of weeks pan out .
If Grealish takes Levy until deadline day so be it. If we were cash strapped in the championship and in need of sales other clubs would do the same to us

Sidenote: Not that long ago Villa were on our level. Now look at them.

But that doesn't mean we can't sign others in the next week or two. Grealish isn't a critical signing to our success so I don't mind waiting. His value to us is seemingly to loosen the UEFA HG constraints.

I suspect we'll see some movement on 2-3 other players before the end of the month.
Would like to try again with the back up striker. Llorente and Janssen both aren't the answer.

You're so thick it hurts. Imagine being 40 something years old and having the reading comprehension of a 5 year old. You always sidestep comments that challenge your viewpoints by claiming that we're not real fans or that foreign fans are below you. You're a snob because you haven't attended a game in 20 years, but still look down on foreign fans like me even though I spend a lot of my money every year to attend just a few games

I don’t believe you’ve ever been to Spurs and you have never once made a post referring to a game you are attending.

I think you are a liar, and have no time for it.
That’s my view.

I think you waived your right to slag off the club when you constantly give up on the season in December only to come crawling back when we win 20 games.

It’s not cos your foreign it’s cos your fairweather as fuck

I expect Grealish is just a side order, we won't pay over the odds for him. This will run and run like the shits until the end of the window. The only threat to him coming will be if another club gets involved.

I expect we will be doing other business at the moment.

I appreciate where we have gotten under Levy and he has worked to improve the perception of our club with the new stadium. He did have some failures and took a gamble on our Poch which has worked wonders. However, I think Levy is approaching his ceiling with us and has taken us as far as he can under his current methods.

I think we need and would benefit from a new modern sporting director that can identify targets with the scouting team and strike deals in a cold, calculated, and efficient manner.
Levy has always wanted a DoF. In order to appoint Redknapp we had to sack Comolli, Redknapp refused to work under one (ironically it's Levy that is still blamed for the Neilson/Saha window when it was Redknapp who made those signings).

We appointed Baldini and had Paul Mitchell to run recruitment. This appointment was made without Poch's say so, in fact his words were far from welcoming when he showed up showed his displeasure. A year latter Poch get's promoted from Head Coach to Manager and Mitchell is sacked along with his other scouts and team he assembled.

Levy is backing his Manager to run the football side of Tottenham Hotspur, this is huge and not only against Levy's model, it's also against the run of the majority of football clubs around the world. He also made him one of the highest paid managers in the world. It's all gone quite in the DoF side of things, early last year it was still communicated that we are looking for one. I stress again, Levy wants this, this is his model it protects the Club if Poch is poached from say Real Madrid, when you give all the power and influence to one man and they fuck off the effect if they leave could be huge and hard to recover from (unless it's been planned for a couple of years al la Woolwich). So I suspect the reason we do not operate a DoF/Sporting Director is down to Poch not Levy.

Levy has always wanted a DoF. In order to appoint Redknapp we had to sack Comolli, Redknapp refused to work under one (ironically it's Levy that is still blamed for the Neilson/Saha window when it was Redknapp who made those signings).

We appointed Baldini and had Paul Mitchell to run recruitment. This appointment was made without Poch's say so, in fact his words were far from welcoming when he showed up showed his displeasure. A year latter Poch get's promoted from Head Coach to Manager and Mitchell is sacked along with his other scouts and team he assembled.

Levy is backing his Manager to run the football side of Tottenham Hotspur, this is huge and not only against Levy's model, it's also against the run of the majority of football clubs around the world. He also made him one of the highest paid managers in the world. It's all gone quite in the DoF side of things, early last year it was still communicated that we are looking for one. I stress again, Levy wants this, this is his model it protects the Club if Poch is poached from say Real Madrid, when you give all the power and influence to one man and they fuck off the effect if they leave could be huge and hard to recover from (unless it's been planned for a couple of years al la Woolwich). So I suspect the reason we do not operate a DoF/Sporting Director is down to Poch not Levy.

Good point regarding Redknapp..
General rule of thumb is if you don’t like a manager then all the bad signings were his and all the good ones Comolli or Levy.

If you like the manager then all the good signings are his and all the bad ones Levy.

People actually live by this it’s shocking

This is my first post on this site but when I saw your post a thought I needed to reply. I have been a spurs supporter since 1970 and I can honestly say over those years we have had our ups and downs, but mostly downs, lots of false dawns came and went but I can honestly say this time I am more excited than I have ever been to be a spurs supporter. If you want a real indicator of how well we are doing, look around outside north London and see all the young kids with spurs shirts with Kane on their back, a truly world class player, better than Bale I would say, and he was good! We have built a squad, mostly from young British talent, which can only be good for our national team. England’s showing at the World Cup proving that point nicely with 5 spurs players on the field at one point!
Add to that, one of the best teams (imo) Belgium had another 3 and the eventual winners with our very own number 1 in goal Hugo!
What a ride the last few years has been. Add to that a fantastic new stadium this year , and all I have to say is thank you Poch, thank you Mr Levy, you have never done it the easy way, but you Did Dare To Do It!
So yes my first post is one of support for the original poster. And here is hoping I see a lot more post like this in the coming season.
COYS!

Thank you sir and welcome! Nice to have someone else on board who gets it!

:dembelelol:

“Pretty sure”

The day you find me throwing around statements of absolute certainty is the day you can say I’m claiming to know more than the club.

You’ve conveniently left out the bit where I said that I’m aware it usually works itself out in the end which highlights that I acknowledge levy usually gets it right/does know best.

Post your own opinion and stop looking for a misguided cunt off. This thread has already got enough of those rattling on.

Back
Top Bottom