Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yes, and Dele. He might develop into a CM but it would be too risky to play him there initially because losing the ball in that position can lead to a goal. He'd have to earn Poch's trust.

His best asset is holding onto the ball. Whether it be dribbling, drawing fouls or passing successfully to another team mate. IMO he will be a CM once he arrives alongside Wanyama or Dier. But as you say can be cover for the CAM's aswell.

I will definitely concede that was a nice slick move, easy on the eye and effective. However the amount of creaming over last nights "I can run really fast" performance has been unbalanced in my view. And I'm not saying he's not an excellent footballer especially for his age, what I'm saying is, based on last nights performance the praise he is getting is unjustified.

When describing actions by players who are widely accepted as extraordinary, pundits tend to use superlatives for quite ordinary stuff. And they tend to ignore errors.

De Bruyne was quite horrid yesterday, with stray passes causing dangerous counter attacks for France and yellow cards for his team mates. Not once was it mentioned on the network I was watching how sloppy he was. Yet they went on and on about Dembele and how he lost the ball (yet never commended his defensive actions, such as the game-saving tackle after Mbappe's backheel thing).

I will definitely concede that was a nice slick move, easy on the eye and effective. However the amount of creaming over last nights "I can run really fast" performance has been unbalanced in my view. And I'm not saying he's not an excellent footballer especially for his age, what I'm saying is, based on last nights performance the praise he is getting is unjustified.

Can't agree more, this was precisely it. It was like the commentators wanted to be credited with calling him out. There were better players on the pitch than him last night. Hazard for one looked aggressive, direct and dangerous whenever on the ball... Hugo also had a better game.

Yep.
This is not his highlights from last night but all of his involvement. Might as well call it the Vertonghen tackle show because Jan has him in his pocket most of the time. Even when he gets past Fellani, he ends up getting tackled by Fellani. For me his highlights were his drag back and back heel in the box (shame no-one is talking about the wonderful tackle on Giroud by Dembele what followed) and a nice cross field ball to Greasy, other than that what??

When describing actions by players who are widely accepted as extraordinary, pundits tend to use superlatives for quite ordinary stuff. And they tend to ignore errors.

De Bruyne was quite horrid yesterday, with stray passes causing dangerous counter attacks for France and yellow cards for his team mates. Not once was it mentioned on the network I was watching how sloppy he was. Yet they went on and on about Dembele and how he lost the ball (yet never commended his defensive actions, such as the game-saving tackle after Mbappe's backheel thing).

another great point. De Bruyne on his day is amazing, just didn't click for him last night, he ran himself ragged in the previous game. Can't expect every player to put in a performance like that every game. Dembele didn't have his best game but wasn't shocking by any means... Crap commentary again

I was happy for all our boys last night. I felt they all played well, would have preferred Belgium to have won but happy for Hugo. Just glad the didn't have a shocker (even Dembele) and they came away unscathed. I feel to date all our players can hold their heads high (that is until 9pm tonight)

I am definitely warming to Grealish , the more I hear the more I like , my biggest gripe is he doesn't wear shinpads which is an arrogant dick move , hopefully he can change this nonsense behaviour
He'll get my backing fully if/when he joins. I just hope people don't expect the world of him immediately.

Like everyone that joins us he should be afforded time to adjust to Poch's magic. Poch will undoubtedly improve him and if Poch wants him, so do I.

But the less pressure the better.

Grealish is a very good young player.
He’s not costing £25m at 28 with injury history on £17m contract.

He was too good for the championship and with better players could thrive.
He’s powerful and can learn. He can beat players, drives forward and has a decent passing range, usually forward.
It will be a very decent signing imo.
If he wants to come here he knows what to expect. That would tell me a lot about his attitude.
If he does I guarantee, with game time he will be in the full England squad by 2021.

Grealish is a very good young player.
He’s not costing £25m at 28 with injury history on £17m contract.

He was too good for the championship and with better players could thrive.
He’s powerful and can learn. He can beat players, drives forward and has a decent passing range, usually forward.
It will be a very decent signing imo.
If he wants to come here he knows what to expect. That would tell me a lot about his attitude.
If he does I guarantee, with game time he will be in the full England squad by 2021.
In the League Cup I'd be very excited to see a 4-3-3 that looks likes this...

KWP-Foyth-Carter-Vickers-Rose
------------------Skipp-----------------
---------Grealish---Winks------------
Edwards-----------------------Lamela
-------------------Griffiths---------------

I think when he signs for us he will be in there by 2020, brings something different to the squad and has already had Southgate as his manager two years ago for the u21s. Other than that he has never played with 'Top' players before...

Winks has a far higher ceiling. Although I am tentative about his return from injury. I really hope we don't rush him. He is our heir to Dembele.

The chosen one for us and England.

Can't wait to have Winksy back.

Any news on his recovery?

Back
Top Bottom