Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

John Thomas John Thomas is when you take the red pill
7LPAHz4

Or swipe right!

Just to add to the good 90s movies mentioned, I will throw these out there...
True Romance and Last Boy Scout.

I am calm as fuck right now but it will get nerveracking as we go into the last 48 hours of the window...
More worried about signing an unsuitable panic buy than getting no one in.

Anyways, its really great to be back. Missed you all x

I picked up on the fact a few of you had been enquiring after my two week enforced holiday with sammyspurs sammyspurs , ArcspacE ArcspacE and SchmoodSpur SchmoodSpur .
So I thought it might be rude not to give you all a few details of the absolute blast we all had together.

Here we are, the evening of our arrival

1194381_Film-Stills_Film-The-Inbetweeners-Movie_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqjZCqkh21MTy1LvXE-PcUNQgWqwm85JEWpGVhFb46TTg.jpg

Now, that Sammy turns out to be a proper chilled fella when he gets away from this place. Proper chilled.
He spent every day bar none in and out the pool. Mind you, he spent every evening clearing up the fucking buffet too!

Here he is, day 12, when he found out Poch suggested we may make zero signings this window

tenor.gif

Now ole' Arcy was a surprise package too. Really let his hair down, the old cunt. Loves the great out doors, does arcy. He aint no pool slouch. Hiking, Cycling, Horse Trekking. You name it, he does it.
Mind you, he's another you need to make sure you get to the buffet before in the evening, the greedy fucker.

Here's Arcy, day 11

4583287500000578-5000400-image-a-22_1508496696442.jpg

Me. Well I prefered the bar tbh. Nothing like a few beers to chill out in the heat of a Spurs transfer window

This is me, day 12, when I heard the same news as Sammy about possible zero signings

alcohol-drunk-orig-e1486089671747.jpg

Now, what about SchmoodSpur SchmoodSpur .

Unfortunately, we couldn't get the poor cunt out of his room from day 2 onwards.
He spent the whole facking fortnight researching the TFC archives and re-visiting ancient transfer window papyrus scrolls to produce his latest dissertation on how to be a sad cunt and ridicule other forum members who dont have the wonderful gift of hindsight that only I possess.
See below

We tried to get him out a bit. But all to no avail

Spursdem, day 4

handsome-nerdy-adult-using-a-vintage-computer-tv-a-handsome-and-nerdy-adult-using-a-vintage-stock-photo_csp8611862.jpg

Anyway, the rest of us refused let his hermitry spoil our jaunt.

Here we are on the final night, where we really did let ourselves go.
Like I said earlier, a few too many pies, maybe.

tenor.gif

And here's ole' Spursdem. Emerging from his room on day 14

images

Anyway, that's all for now. As I said, great to be back home.
Next few days should be classic.

COYMFS!
Well done, over 50 funnies. Levy just told me if it reaches 100 funnies he will make a signing. Fingers crossed.

Ok so I'm a huge Stephen king fan but how have The Shawshank Redemption and the The Green Mile not entered into this veritable feast of film nostalgia??

Just my opinion but I don't think we'll see anything happen with us until Tuesday evening at the earliest

Last edited:
Predictions for the week:

Alderweireld signs for United on Wednesday, we sign De Ligt on the final day.

We make one other singing but it will be under the radar like Son.
I think you could well be spot on there, esp the under the radar signing.
I’ve still got a feeling the Toby/Tony swap will happen last knockings

Back
Top Bottom