Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'll let you in, shall I. It was a tongue in cheek reference mate. Of course youre not one of his fabled noshers. I singled you out cos you're the one forever in his pocket ticking every comment he's ever made. You'd be the very last person he'd label a horsenosher.
I'm sorry it flew over your head again. No hard feelings though, eh'

Such wit.... Shame for you I've had plenty of cunt-offs with Sammy... I just happen to agree with most of his rebuttals to your tired bullshit.

Come the start of the season, I'm sure there'll be times he & I clash over all sorts of things. Diff. is you'll just be bangin' on about either a) how shit the last trf window was or b) how shit the next one will be.

I have no clique; nor a need for one thank you very much. Probably one of the reasons why I've never been binned or carded.

Remind me Mr. Popularity... How many times is it for you again?

You forgot:

Denigrate the club at every opportunity.

Ignore the process which has resulted in our highest league finish for nearly 60 years, sandwiched between top 3 finishes.

Ignore that we are now CL regulars (which, like it or not, is the place to be).

Gloss over the fact we’ve built a stadium and traning centre that is the envy of every club in England, whilst building a squad many of whom featured in the last 4 of the WC - and all this achieved with the only the 6th highest income in the league.

You see - it works both ways.
I have not done all those things or said they are part of being a good fan or more importantly claimed to be an amazing supporter. I just can't agree that abusing our players, celebrating by abusing other fans & wrongly accusing our fans of racism is being a true fan. But I know you won't condemn those actions or will you? Be nice to see you say those things are wrong too? Or ignore it or defend it, if you think that's right.

Mourinho says a lot of stuff. That doesn't mean it will be true.

If they want Toby, they will need to pay the price. If not, we're quite happy to burn 24 months of his career.

And it is sad that it came to this, but every account of things has been that Toby played some games over the new contract and rubbed Pochettino and Levy the wrong way. We'll never know for sure, but you don't bench a player like Toby without significant motivation to do so.

I have not done all those things or more importantly claimed to be an amazing supporter. I just can't agree that abusing our players, celebrating by abusing other fans & wrongly accusing our fans if racism is being a true fan. But I know you won't condemn those actions or will you? Be nice to see you say those things are wrong too?

I didn’t say you did. And yes, both ends of the spectrum go too far. Will you acknowledge that constantly bashing the club in the face of the achievements I mentioned is also wrong?

I didn’t say you did. And yes, both ends of the spectrum go too far. Will you acknowledge that constantly bashing the club in the face of the achievements I mentioned is also wrong?
Glad to hear it. Yeah it is wrong. Peace talks resolved swiftly & effectively.

So did I. I also went to more than a dozen matches at Wembley last season despite a 300 mile round trip. Now if someone posted they don't want to see big names sign for Spurs but prefer to see us rely on youth prospects I'd think them seiously misguided and would argue my case against them but id never accuse them of not being true supporters or never setting foot in WHL.
Which quote do you want me to respond to?

Such wit.... Shame for you I've had plenty of cunt-offs with Sammy... I just happen to agree with most of his rebuttals to your tired bullshit.
How many times is it for you again?
Sorry mate. You missed the boat again, bless
It was your old mate Spursdem I was replying to when I took you for one of his horse noshers. Nothing to do with Sammy.
To answer your question though. Twice. 2 times in the sin bin
:adethumbup:

You dont see the benefit of a free stadium?

Yet u expect people to actually take your dirge seriously?

:dembelefingers:

They didn’t get a free stadium, they don’t own a stadium, it’s not an asset on their books. They are tenants - our matchday revenue was higher at WHL than there’s is at the Olympic stadium. So such a suggestion is absurd as saying our value has risen due to us being tenants at Wembley. Now please if you do insist on bothering me please refrain from such idiocy - even by your standards this quite something.

Last edited:
Mourinho says a lot of stuff. That doesn't mean it will be true.

TBH he probably told himself "never again" after Chavs sold Cech to the Goons.

Spoiling tactics are his calling card and it extends beyond just match-time and his direction of his players.

If they want Toby, they will need to pay the price. If not, we're quite happy to burn 24 months of his career.

Are we though? ...It would certainly be 'against the grain'.

And it is sad that it came to this, but every account of things has been that Toby played some games over the new contract and rubbed Pochettino and Levy the wrong way. We'll never know for sure, but you don't bench a player like Toby without significant motivation to do so.

Indeed.

Even then, if it's nothing behvioural - simply form/fitness related (and/or the fact we chose to stay with just 2CBs), the indignation of TA's recent comments bothers me on the grounds that he seems to be oblivious to the mere concept that he could have lost his position to Dav. "No reason"? ...There's always a reason. If that reason happens to be circumstantial (Injury/tactics), I can feel for him, but still... Force the managers hand in training... Same as it ever was.

Sadly, I fear well see him go into full-on 'cunt mode' by the end of the window.

Fuck United & Martial (Let him clog up their bench - He's not worth derailing our window for... Is anyone honestly?).

Whatever drop from the asking price we'd get from selling Toby abroad would be countered by Utd. grinding us down over one or both players anyway (otherwise this deal would prob. already be done). A hypothetical £50m still means a whacking great profit and a tidy sum to spend on an attacker...

Where are the European money-ball cunts when you need them, damn-it!?!?!

Tottenham transfer news: Isak Middtun Solberg heading for Spurs trial imminently

Getting a 15 year old Norwegian keeper.

00032514.gif

Sorry mate. You missed the boat again, bless
It was your old mate Spursdem I was replying to when I took you for one of his horse noshers. Nothing to do with Sammy.
To answer your question though. Twice. 2 times in the sin bin
:adethumbup:

No boat involved.... Who first coined that is entirely irrelevant from my end .... The implied association with you is what sat badly with me that's all.

Cards: Can't think why, but you 'forgot' to acknowledge the majority of your tenure being spent on a yellow.

Forever Fake News:avbfu:

Back
Top Bottom