Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

DgUNBZjXcAAxm7i.jpg

How do you quantify your statement that the policy is working?
If its measured by club profits and boardroom bonuses then i guess I'd have to agree.
But as a football fan, I prefer to use titles and trophies to guage success. In that respect, (1 league cup in 2 decades), your statement that the policy is working doesn't really stand up, does it
Pre-ENIC we were 9th in the all-time table, Levy’s guidance has dragged us up that table to 7th. We’re 5th in PL points since Levy took over and 3rd in the past 5 years.

It’s CLEARLY working, how we go about our business. We’re significantly improving the club on the pitch whilst investing well over a billion off of it.

I’m sorry Uncle Joe hasn’t thrown us in a microwave to buy you a few trophies so you’d stop moaning. But to pretend like we aren’t successful and that Levy’s plans aren’t working is ludicrous. Go support fucking Citeh already, you’d be a lot less miserable, I’m sure.

Pre-ENIC we were 9th in the all-time table, Levy’s guidance has dragged us up that table to 7th. We’re 5th in PL points since Levy took over and 3rd in the past 5 years.

It’s CLEARLY working, how we go about our business. We’re significantly improving the club on the pitch whilst investing well over a billion off of it.

I’m sorry Uncle Joe hasn’t thrown us in a microwave to buy you a few trophies so you’d stop moaning. But to pretend like we aren’t successful and that Levy’s plans aren’t working is ludicrous. Go support fucking Citeh already, you’d be a lot less miserable, I’m sure.

Well said, sick of these pretenders acting like they've been betrayed

Failure in your eyes though because we havent won the double every year for the last decade

You think Klopp is doing better than Poch.
Talk about taking exaggeration to a new level!!!!! Your making yourself look real stupid with statements like that. Very childish.

With regards to Klopp doing better than Poch!!
How many times have I said Poch is working fucking miracles given the meagre backing he gets from the owners. Considering the restraints he's forced to work under, Poch is fucking SUPERMAN
giphy.gif

Talk about taking exaggeration to a new level!!!!! Your making yourself look real stupid with statements like that. Very childish.

With regards to Klopp doing better than Poch!!
How many times have I said Poch is working fucking miracles given the meagre backing he gets from the owners. Considering the restraints he's forced to work under, Poch is fucking SUPERMAN
giphy.gif

No John, this club is doing shit remember. So how the fuck can Poch be doing well?

Last edited:
Go support fucking Citeh already, you’d be a lot less miserable, I’m sure.
Another very childish remark. Go and support city wah wah wah!!

Any real football fan knows your club is in your blood and stays with you for life. If we start winning silverware I'll agree our project is working. But I'm sorry, record profit margins and hefty boardroom bonuses dont make me feel proud. Selling players for record profits don't make me proud. Seeing my club lift titles would make me proud. I appreciate you might think differently, but why not just accept that lots of fans take a different pov

Where did I say that, sammy?

Oh troll off John stop being a fucking coward. We're failing and not progressing but not doing shit?

Also you said Toby is one of the best in the world. You said pay him what he wants. You said it would be shambolic to sell him.
Poch dropped him deliberately for four months, in your words, due to the contract negotiations and not poor form. So for personal reasons.
Poch weakened the team for personal reasons in your view.....miracles you say?
You say whatever you can to get out of slating Poch....but you just cant get away with it.
He is part of the policy you despise.

Last edited:
Another very childish remark. Go and support city wah wah wah!!

Any real football fan knows your club is in your blood and stays with you for life. If we start winning silverware I'll agree our project is working. But I'm sorry, record profit margins and hefty boardroom bonuses dont make me feel proud. Selling players for record profits don't make me proud. Seeing my club lift titles would make me proud. I appreciate you might think differently, but why not just accept that lots of fans take a different pov
And yet you’ve brought up hefty profits and boardroom bonuses, not me. I used results on the pitch to prove that ENIC is propelling this club forward, that we are consistently improving, year on year, and clawing our way up the table. That we’ve changed from the obscure mid-table club that took a punt on the cups when Levy arrived to an honest-to-god contender for the biggest trophies in the world every season, and a club that employs some of the greatest players in the entire world (I know you think they’re shit because they’ve been here for a while now, only new plays who cost £100M are actually world class).

I tell you to support Citeh because you don’t actually LIKE Spurs. You might claim you do, but you shit on everything about the club. You’re the most negative poster, towards Spurs, that I’ve ever seen on this board. You’re extremely pessimistic about everything, I just feel like you’d be happier finding a club that aligns with how you think a football club should be run. Or finding another hobby.

I wish you’d do a special appearance on woolwich tv though, it’d be funny to see who could win the reverse cunt-off battle between you and Claude trying to out do one another at slagging off the clubs you “love”.

Oh troll off John stop being a fucking coward. We're failing and not progressing we're but not doing shit?
No we're not doing shit. And we are progressing.
I just feel that with more net investment in the playing squad we could have achieved more than we have. Particularly in the last 5 or 6 years. I'm just frustrated that profits and re-sale value allways seem to be the overriding factor and I just cant agree with that philosophy. Anyways, I'm running away now before you get me binned. You'll have to find someone else to argue with tonight.
Bye mate.

And yet you’ve brought up hefty profits and boardroom bonuses, not me. I used results on the pitch to prove that ENIC is propelling this club forward, that we are consistently improving, year on year, and clawing our way up the table. That we’ve changed from the obscure mid-table club that took a punt on the cups when Levy arrived to an honest-to-god contender for the biggest trophies in the world every season, and a club that employs some of the greatest players in the entire world (I know you think they’re shit because they’ve been here for a while now, only new plays who cost £100M are actually world class).

I tell you to support Citeh because you don’t actually LIKE Spurs. You might claim you do, but you shit on everything about the club. You’re the most negative poster, towards Spurs, that I’ve ever seen on this board. You’re extremely pessimistic about everything, I just feel like you’d be happier finding a club that aligns with how you think a football club should be run. Or finding another hobby.

I wish you’d do a special appearance on woolwich tv though, it’d be funny to see who could win the reverse cunt-off battle between you and Claude trying to out do one another at slagging off the clubs you “love”.
Ok. Thanks for the lifestyle advice Will. I'll take your comments on board

Back
Top Bottom