Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

And Sammy would justify the lot of them, Demonize every one of them, get excited about promoting the youth to replace them, criticise our supporters who refuse to pay £100+ a ticket to watch them, as he taps merrily away on his keyboard in some distant far away land in a state of mental isolation
If any player leaves, he’s no longer Spurs.
I get behind the new guy.

You can spend the season sucking off some City/Real/Utd player and crying about the past all you like.
One day you might realise it’s THFC and not Toby FC.
I highly doubt it though.

Your priority is players from other clubs.

Last edited:
So are these the risks Pochettino was talking about? Buying Championship players for a top 4 side?

What about buying League One players? Worked out ok didnt it?

Personally Im not sure why people took "risk taking" as "spending huge sums on proven world class players".....I asked them before how that is a risk when to them its the proven way to success and trophies, but got no answers.

Apparently "being brave" is copying Liverpool.....I guess when people ignore the quotes, and only read between the lines, they end up dissapointed.

Personally Im not sure why people took "risk taking" as "spending huge sums on proven world class players".....I asked them before how that is a risk when to them its the proven way to success and trophies, but got no answers.
So, you think Poch was seeking reassurances from Levy that we would continue to buy cheap unproven prospects in order to push the club forward to the next level? That was what he meant by taking risks and being brave?...blimey!

I hope that Dembele and Alderweireld potentially leaving wouldn't mean Vertonghen has second thoughts about extending his contract. I mean losing some of your closest friends/ compatriots when you live in a foreign country is never really ideal

Let's sign some more Belgians then :vert:

Some Twatter ITK has said a deal for 20m (30m with add-ons) has been agreed with both Napoli and Inter, and that Dembele will make his choice after the World Cup. He also claims we'll switch our attention to Martins in the "unlikely" event our deal with Malcom falls through; and that the Sanson deal will be announced on the same day we unveil our new kit.

So, you think Poch was seeking reassurances from Levy that we would continue to buy cheap unproven prospects in order to push the club forward to the next level? That was what he meant by taking risks and being brave?...blimey!

I think there is a whole myriad of reasons as to what taking risks is. Taking a chance on unproven squad players, taking a chance with players in the Grealish mould is a risk, letting the likes of Toby leave is a risk. Being brave could be doubling the wages of our key players (Kane already done, Dele next..)
Being brave could be backing the team and letting them grow for another year together without throwing your toys out the pram.

I always try to answer your questions, but you always run away from mine.

Be a gent now and answer the question:

As you think buying proven world class players for huge sums is a proven way to success and all the evidence points that way, could you please explain how in your opinion, that doing so consitutes taking a risk.

You are basically saying that its a risk to use kids and champo players........but when Poch said take risks, he didnt ,mean that, he meant sign Bale and Martial. It makes no sense, as per usual with you.

So are these the risks Pochettino was talking about? Buying Championship players for a top 4 side?
I'd say that's pretty risky, yes! Splashing out £250,000,000+ for Bale or Isco isn't really taking much of a risk -football wise - financially though, it's a bit of an outlay!!

Always liked what I've seen of Maddison's game - more so that Sessegnon - and think he'd be great for us.

I know he's posted shit about us, but he was an unsigned 15/16 year old kid when he did that. Stupid, for sure, but unless he's done something similar more recently... <shrugs>
What exactly did he say?? I know he called bale a 'Monkey' apparently, and is getting lambasted on Twatter for it... but why the overall hate? I thought he was a decent prospect??

I'd say that's pretty risky, yes! Splashing out £250,000,000+ for Bale or Isco isn't really taking much of a risk -football wise - financially though, it's a bit of an outlay!!

What exactly did he say?? I know he called bale a 'Monkey' apparently, and is getting lambasted on Twatter for it... but why the overall hate? I thought he was a decent prospect??
He said he hated Tottenham.

This:
Dbzro6tXkAALirT.jpg

Back
Top Bottom