Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lol all of the "itk" said we'd be getting shit done but instead It seems as though it'll be late again. Every year they trot out that nonsense and every year it proves to be false.... Unbelievable that they get so much protection imo.

(if somoene could add Karius smiley to this forum, I would be forever grateful! :D )
It had to be done mate. :D

y3mLex9.png

Okay, if you agree that he will not push any of the AM's I listed - then why are we buying him?When we have Alli, Eriksen, Son, Moura, Lamela and also possibly Sissoko already in place? If we don't expect him to push them, then I assume we all agree that he would be a downgrade on others.

I think he could absolutely push Lamela and Sissoko and even Son when Son is having one of his crap days.
He´s also a ten fold upgrade on Llorente and Janssen

Thank fuck there is only about 700 more pages of this thread to go! :pochwtf:

Only early days and we are being linked with Shaquiri, its going to be a gruesome, long window.

West Ham level at most ffs.

Just put your Poch/Levy stuff to one side for a moment though.
IF we sign Shaquiri, even you would have to admit the overriding factor is his cheap price tag. He's 27 years old, been playing in the Prem for 3or 4 years, yet we've never shown any interest in signing the player before! .Now he's been relegated, with a 13mil buy out clause, Boom!!!!! we're suddenly all over it. Buying players because they're cheap is surely not where we should be Sammy. We should be buying players who can inspire the likes of Kane and Dele and improve the starting 11. But as I said before, lets just hope it's just rumours, eh
But, but, but the showdown talks, the ultimatums.....

I think he could absolutely push Lamela and Sissoko and even Son when Son is having one of his crap days.
He´s also a ten fold upgrade on Llorente and Janssen

Hahahahahhahaha, wow.

Can I just answer with this new smile ?
y3mLex9.png
y3mLex9.png
y3mLex9.png

"Pushing Lamela and even Son".
Wow. Hard stuff.

Interesting that absolutely everyone bar us has been so blind regarding him. That there was no other club who wanted him from Inter so he was sold for peanuts. And no one went after him for his 3 years at Stoke.
But now he can walk out of this dump and challenge a player that scored 3 more goals this season than Shaqiri with three years in Stoke. Wow. Hard stuff rly.

Exactly. We are guessing what's been offered. Like we are pretending poch snubbed real madrid. If it suits us it's true, if it doesn't its paper rubbish.
I am happy with kane getting 200k per week if it keeps him here. But I understand if some would rather let me him go so not to break a wage structure.
We will have to break it by a lot to keep kane for a few more years. So if we then get to that stage & say we can't afford to pay kane 200k, I'd rather we didn't bother with the likes of shaqiri & just saved it for kane.

Shaqiri for 12-13mil is a punt in today's market. I just don't see how he fits into the squad. But there's no way we are signing him unless Poch wants him, so have at it.

Exactly. We are guessing what's been offered. Like we are pretending poch snubbed real madrid. If it suits us it's true, if it doesn't its paper rubbish.
I am happy with kane getting 200k per week if it keeps him here. But I understand if some would rather let me him go so not to break a wage structure.
We will have to break it by a lot to keep kane for a few more years. So if we then get to that stage & say we can't afford to pay kane 200k, I'd rather we didn't bother with the likes of shaqiri & just saved it for kane.
No one is saying we will never break the wage structure. I think most on here are in agreement over that it will be modified and upgraded as the years go by.

Thing is, you break the structure for your talisman. Not for a injury prone centerback that has been involved in contract talks for over 18 months and trying to hold the club by the proverbial balls.

Like it or not but Kane is the level setter for the entire structure. He is our main man and talisman. Whatever salary he gets next will be the new top level for the structure. Levy knows that, Poch knows that, Kane knows that and every other player with a bit of brain cells should know that.

I dig Toby and when he plays he is marvelous 9 times out of 10. But he should know that Harry's wages sets the level for everyone else in the squad until a bigger lion walks into the squad.

"Pushing Lamela and even Son".
Wow. Hard stuff.

Ive seen both play at championship standard and Ive seen both play at champions league standard. Truth be told they are inconsistent.

Shaqiri is a better option than Llorente when either are having an off day. No need for the hysterics.

Interesting that absolutely everyone bar us has been so blind regarding him. That there was no other club who wanted him from Inter so he was sold for peanuts. And no one went after him for his 3 years at Stoke.
But now he can walk out of this dump and challenge a player that scored 3 more goals this season than Shaqiri with three years in Stoke. Wow. Hard stuff rly.

Well if Poch wants him, you must have some major issues with the managers competence. I trust his judgement and will back any player who pulls the shirt on. You can look forward to slagging off Shaqiri should he sign.

I´ll look forward to seeing what he can bring to us when we dry up in the final third. Not my problem, and not my duty to explain to you why other clubs arent looking at him. They might be, they might not be, its not important to me.

I dont see everyone lining up to sign Martial either

Shaqiri strikes me as a deal we'd strike because we realise Martial isn't gettable. Levy doesn't want to spend £60,000,000+ on a 19 year old who isn't going to start and Malcom is going elsewhere.

I'll back Poch and all of his signings but its certainly disappointing if he ends up our only offensive signing.

No one is saying we will never break the wage structure. I think most on here are in agreement over that it will be modified and upgraded as the years go by.

Thing is, you break the structure for your talisman. Not for a injury prone centerback that has been involved in contract talks for over 18 months and trying to hold the club by the proverbial balls.

Like it or not but Kane is the level setter for the entire structure. He is our main man and talisman. Whatever salary he gets next will be the new top level for the structure. Levy knows that, Poch knows that, Kane knows that and every other player with a bit of brain cells should know that.

I dig Toby and when he plays he is marvelous 9 times out of 10. But he should know that Harry's wages sets the level for everyone else in the squad until a bigger lion walks into the squad.
I disagree. If players want a lot more ££ then they won't care what others are on.
Its very naive to think they only want more if toby is getting it but not kane. Very flawed logic.
Also if that's the case, which players will demand a massive increase if toby gets it? & do you want money grabbing mercenaries like them around?
I don't think a player & agents contract talks are based mainly on what's everyone else getting? Personally I don't think eriksen for example would demand a big pay rise or is he leaving, just because toby got one.
You think quite lowly of a lot of our players if you think they would behave like that. & you have just basically said they would all be good & behave if kane gets an increase but not toby. I don't know how you can know that whilst also ignoring players mainly want more ££ for themselves, not because toby or another player gets it. That does come in to play but not always, & it isn't the main factor.

Shaqiri strikes me as a deal we'd strike because we realise Martial isn't gettable. Levy doesn't want to spend £60,000,000+ on a 19 year old who isn't going to start and Malcom is going elsewhere.

I'll back Poch and all of his signings but its certainly disappointing if he ends up our only offensive signing.
Reports suggest that NO club has come in for Malcolm. He was supposed to have had a shit 2nd half of the season is the reason why there have been no clubs interested, that and his valuation.

EDIT:
There is also no telling that he will be our offensive signing, we could have plans to buy 3 or 4 more, who knows. It's a chess game, can only call at the end of the window. What if we bought him and two others in addition to Lamela, Son, Lucas, Erksen, Dele + academy player???? Non of us know what the plan is.

Back
Top Bottom