Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imo Dembele is the player we should improve on this summer
Not for me. He is the lynchpin in our midfield, the reason we dominate and control opposing midfields, he relaxes all those around him, especially if they are being pressed, he is the out-ball for the player under pressure. Defensively he is also brilliant, no other player influences us both with and without the ball (others all play their part but non are as influential in any phase of our play, strong case for Kane too). Vital, vital cog in our gears.

Last edited:
I wouldn't' mind a bit of European experience in this window, Danielle De Rossi and Andreas Iniesta's contracts have run down if I'm not mistaken. :levyeyes:

Both 33, and while not the superstars we know we can't afford are big names, big talents who the entire team could learn from.
This is the big conundrum for me. Not fully decided on it but I increasingly feel signing an experienced campaigner might elevate our confidence, mainly in CL. But then I start to think who? Rooney has a wealth of experience, but watching him against us the other week was like watching Augustas Gloop desperately competing for the last bar of chocolate in the World. We are a high tempo team, in a high tempo league, is there an old experienced war horse that can last our pace? I can't think of one. Like the idea of Iniesta, I said the same when Xavi retired. De Rossi is a super player but don't think he could keep pace with our tempo, unless he was deployed as a CL player and only used for this completion which has a different rhythm to the game than PL.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom