Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, because Eriksen strikes me as the sort of man who would run balls first at danger. If you don't rate the player that's fine. But simply stating you think the man is a pussy? Good debate...

Lol.... I meant within his game...

Has little sense of responsibility on the ball... Crosses speculatively rather than taking the shot etc.

Not for me. He is the lynchpin in our midfield, the reason we dominate and control opposing midfields, he relaxes all those around him, especially if they are being pressed, he is the out-ball for the player under pressure. Defensively he is also brilliant, no other player influences us both with and without the ball (others all play their part but non are as influential in any phase of our play, strong case for Kane too). Vital, vital cog in our gears.
Completely agree here and I would say that his dribbling allows him to shift the ball out of a press which creates so much more space and time for everyone.

Even if he only carries it a couple yards before passing out it shifts the ball to a less pressured area of the pitch.

I don't see him as any less one dimensional than Mane or Zaha.

Not a fan of Zaha, but I'd say both were more unauthodox in their approach and boast strength as well as speed. Mane has an eye for a goal and a bit of fire in his belly too.

Still, regardless of comparisons, you think Navas can make a significant contribution?

I thought it was broadly accepted that Poch doesn't have much time for trad. wingplay.....

Not a fan of Zaha, but I'd say both were more unauthodox in their approach and boast strength as well as speed. Mane has an eye for a goal and a bit of fire in his belly too.

Still, regardless of comparisons, you think Navas can make a significant contribution?

I thought it was broadly accepted that Poch doesn't have much time for trad. wingplay.....

I think he's an improvement on Sissoko, costs nothing, has heaps of experience and a World Cup winners medal.

Sounds a little cagey to me... A "maybe" at best? :llorishowudoin:

I'm not suggesting he would come in as a starter. Not anything close. But he would cost 49 million less than N'Jie, N'koudou and Sissoko and would be a better option from the bench than them.

Is it really that terrible an idea when people are suggesting Daniele de Rossi and Jermaine Defoe?

I'm not suggesting he would come in as a starter.

Indeed. That's perfectly clear.

But he would cost 49 million less than N'Jie, N'koudou and Sissoko and would be a better option from the bench than them.

Is it really that terrible an idea when people are suggesting Daniele de Rossi and Jermaine Defoe?

Is it crazy talk? no.

Is he worth the wages considering what he'd bring to the table? I think not...

Whether he is better than our 'busts' is a non criteria for me. I just don't see him being much use to us, especially playing 3421.

Bearing in mind you won't directly give him a thumbs-up; suggest to me you're not entirely convinced either.

Indeed. That's perfectly clear.

Is it crazy talk? no.

Is he worth the wages considering what he'd bring to the table? I think not...

Whether he is better than our 'busts' is a non criteria for me. I just don't see him being much use to us, especially playing 3421.

Bearing in mind you won't directly give him a thumbs-up; suggest to me you're not entirely convinced either.

Personally I just feel he gives us a better squad option, and you could argue that we only played 3-4-2-1 because we only had 3 players you would really want starting behind Kane in those CAM positions for most of last season.

Sissoko proved to be a bit of a flop, as did GKN so it would be risky playing Dele, Christian and Son together all the time.

Will be very unpopular. But if walker goes then sagna would be a steady stopgap & will be free too. Remember I said stopgap, not walkers long term replacement. For that, they need to be fast!
I still think walker will stay though!

Do we have any players that are on 110,000 pw?
I really wonder how true the figures quoted in the press for weekly earnings are? Do they include appearance money and bonuses? Someone with a higher weekly wage at say Palace may earn less than someone on a slightly lower weekly wage at Tottenham who gets a big bonus for qualifying for CL? If transfer rumours are often made up why not weekly earnings?

Personally I just feel he gives us a better squad option, and you could argue that we only played 3-4-2-1 because we only had 3 players you would really want starting behind Kane in those CAM positions for most of last season.

Sissoko proved to be a bit of a flop, as did GKN so it would be risky playing Dele, Christian and Son together all the time.

Not suggesting you're wrong but my impression was that it was largely a reaction to our relatively impotent early season performances... (Form & fitness related to some extent, granted).

Personally hope we recruit with it in mind this summer as we were pretty fucking deadly.... Maybe my memory is off but unbeaten...? ...Maybe even 100% win rate (besides city away)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom