Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you only do something offensively when you score or get an assist, you would be right. But that is obviously not the case. The way he dribbles through the midfield has created a lot of chances for us, although it's not shown in the stats.
He doesn't create a lot of chances for us because his decision making in the final third is poor

Looks like the ITK summer is here already.

JJetset

Gareth Snooks[FONT=Open Sans, sans-serif, Arial]‏@GazzehCOYS[/FONT] 1h1 hour ago
@jetsetyid hmm lots of smoke on this one..No fire? - (He's talking about Douglas Costa)

The original JJetset‏@jetsetyid

We are looking at bringing in some good players Some from Europe & some from England
#statethebleedingobviousiknowbutinnegotiations

Gareth Snooks‏@GazzehCOYS 18m18 minutes ago

so costa...You're saying there's a chance....

Sorry but I'm saying nothing about any prospective deals yet-maybe when things come out I will confirm or deny, or they are further along

Marty Gallagher‏@M4rtyG 25m25 minutes ago

Any household names or mainly exciting young potential?

Both

Other

walker gone according to his agent (mattf)
josh king (chunky)
only walker will be allowed to leave (unless we want them to go) (ali z)
barkley to us (mattf)
walker burned bridges, but no deal done (ali z)
20m bid for overseas walker replacement(ali z)
sessegnon likely within 14 days(NTY -salt may be required ) - backed up vaguely by cabinessence

Looks like the ITK summer is here already.

JJetset

Gareth Snooks[FONT=Open Sans, sans-serif, Arial]‏@GazzehCOYS[/FONT] 1h1 hour ago
@jetsetyid hmm lots of smoke on this one..No fire? - (He's talking about Douglas Costa)

We are looking at bringing in some good players Some from Europe & some from England
#statethebleedingobviousiknowbutinnegotiations

Gareth Snooks‏@GazzehCOYS 18m18 minutes ago

so costa...You're saying there's a chance....

Sorry but I'm saying nothing about any prospective deals yet-maybe when things come out I will confirm or deny, or they are further along

Marty Gallagher‏@M4rtyG 25m25 minutes ago

Any household names or mainly exciting young potential?

Both

Other

walker gone according to his agent (mattf)

josh king (chunky)
only walker will be allowed to leave (unless we want them to go) (ali z)
barkley to us (mattf)
walker burned bridges, but no deal done (ali z)
20m bid for overseas walker replacement(ali z)
sessegnon likely within 14 days(NTY -salt may be required ) - backed up vaguely by cabinessence
giphy.gif

£70 million for Bernardo Silva.

Sane, Jesus, and Silva will be a pain in the ass for a very long time

But they still have Stones at the back :dembelelol:

We should have a sweepstake on gross spend with these cunts...

(Amounts rounded to the nearest bazillion earth pounds tho pls. : P )

City: £300m
Chavs: £200m
Utd: £350m
'Pool: £150m

Pep doesn't understand defending or defenders, when Puyol got old instead of buying quality he thought fuck it let's put Mascherano centre back, he was right as they had 99% of ball in that league anyway but you can't do that when you aren't running the best team in 30 years, a team which won every week even when his successor was getting cancer treatment in hospital

At Bayern being the hipster and not caring about defence he put one of his top men Lahm in midfield, but they shipped in more goals which meant unlike his predecessor he never won the Champions league

Jesus, Sane, De Bryne, David Silva, Aguero, Bernardo Silva fucking hell that is some attacking talent.

Isn't Clichy leaving too? It would be a disaster if pals Rose and Walker both fuck off to Man City.
Oh to be a Pep, Jose or Conte eh. Makes life just that little bit easier when you can entice every cunt you want and sway every club with £££.
Fucking Man City. A curse on football and just as bad as Chelsea buying every last bit of talent for their hard earned expensive academy funded by years of loyal sell out support and wise spending

Isn't Clichy leaving too? It would be a disaster if pals Rose and Walker both fuck off to Man City.
Oh to be a Pep, Jose or Conte eh. Makes life just that little bit easier when you can entice every cunt you want and sway every club with £££.
Fucking Man City. A curse on football and just as bad as Chelsea buying every last bit of talent for their hard earned expensive academy funded by years of loyal sell out support and wise spending

Yep as I have said before it's like a 100M athlete that is allowed to use steroids while everyone else plays by the rule book or a boxer that enters the ring with a baseball bat. Almost a miracle that City and Chavs don't win every year given the huge backing, in the case of City essentially a government.

Almost makes you want to no longer follow football it's such a disgrace but like everything these days it is what it is and there is nothing that can be done.

Very relaxed about this window because I am confident that Pochettino and Levy know what is required.

No manager of ours has been in a stronger bargaining position than Pochettino is at the current time and Levy knows how much he can benefit from relatively small net outlay for long term aims.

We need in my opinion 4 players in terms of definite first team options are concerned to be competitive irrespective of what the rest of the teams around us do. We know City and United will spend loads and that Woolwich and Liverpool will be busy. As for Chelsea I hear they have a full stash of toupès waiting to be delivered!

I see no team being in a position to dominate the Premier League next season (neither did I see Leicester or Chelsea doing what they did in the last 2 seasons so hmmmmm!!) and see the impact of the Champions League impossible to decipher at present.

Last edited:
He doesn't create a lot of chances for us because his decision making in the final third is poor

He does because he brings the ball through a first line of defence, taking the opponents from thinking they are in control to panicing because they realize they are not in just one beautiful, simple little twist of that beastly body. He then lays the ball of to someone who can take advantage of the imbalance he has created. He's not credited for creating the chance or otherwise in the stats, which is why people, such as yourself, the shit Belgian nt coaches and whoever the fools are that select various Team of the Years, keep underestimating his importance.

At Bayern being the hipster and not caring about defence he put one of his top men Lahm in midfield, but they shipped in more goals which meant unlike his predecessor he never won the Champions league

That one drove me nuts. What kind of cunt takes arguably the best fullback of his generation and tries to shoehorn him into a midfield that already has schweinsteiger, alonso, martinez, thiago and vidal in it?
They were so good to watch under Heynckes and then Pep came along and turned them into boring turd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom