Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think you got confused I said he's now saying it's about money by saying USA and China.

Have i?

"he's now saying it's about money by saying USA and China"

Inadvertently tho.... Makes a world of difference in terms of any sense 'admission' he may or not be making.

This isn't refreshing honesty.... It's intended to be veiled under the talk of trophies,.

Griezmann called the potential move to the PL a "fashionable" choice.

Hallmarks of a 'Grade A' tit. Would hate it if we started signing that kind of player (attitude wise).

Have i?

"he's now saying it's about money by saying USA and China"

Inadvertently tho.... Makes a world of difference in terms of any sense 'admission' he may or not be making.

This isn't refreshing honesty.... It's intended to be veiled under the talk of trophies,.

Players don't go to USA or China for trophies, anyone that believes that must be dreaming. The likes of Paulinho, Lavezzi, Oscar et al did not go to China to win trophies.

The likes of Paulinho, Lavezzi, Oscar et al did not go to China to win trophies.
Yes that's because football is a job, they are South Americans, they probably grew up dreaming of a different world, one which they can afford now

I quit my job in Cardiff so I could work closer to home, people that I spoke to in that previous job don't slag me off and say I have a lack of ambition, these footballers are also people with emotion

Players don't go to USA or China for trophies, anyone that believes that must be dreaming. The likes of Paulinho, Lavezzi, Oscar et al did not go to China to win trophies.

Yeh... Um.... I get that... The part being debated here is whether it's an honest admission to playing for the money (like you previously credited him for doing)...

Nothing to see here, just a player not realising his greed is transparent.

Yes that's because football is a job, they are South Americans, they probably grew up dreaming of a different world, one which they can afford now

I quit my job in Cardiff so I could work closer to home, people that I spoke to in that previous job don't slag me off and say I have a lack of ambition, these footballers are also people with emotion

Where did I slag Griezmann off? I said it was refreshingly honest he was going for the money.

Griezmann called the potential move to the PL a "fashionable" choice.

Hallmarks of a 'Grade A' tit. Would hate it if we started signing that kind of player (attitude wise).

If he wasn't as good as he is, I'd say he had Gooner written all over him...

Greizmann is overatted.

Scores some nice goals, and has a decent touch but I think he'd get the shit kicked out of him in England. That Drake "phone me" bullshit wont win him any friends too.

Shame we are moving, I honestly think the Park Lane could make him cry.

Yeh, but he's not being honest is he.... (See our current micro-debate).

If he'd have said he's chasing the glory of trophies it would have been to one of the top leagues. However by adding USA and China do any of the elite footballers who go there during their peak want the MLS Cup and Chinese Super League medal? He could have said he was off to PSG which is far more believable regarding trophies even though that would also be a money move.

Anyway Griezmann isn't coming to us so don't know why we're bothering to debate his next move.

:dierpochhug:

If he'd have said he's chasing the glory of trophies it would have been to one of the top leagues. However by adding USA and China do any of the elite footballers who go there during their peak want the MLS Cup and Chinese Super League medal? He could have said he was off to PSG which is far more believable regarding trophies even though that would also be a money move.

NONE of this is an OPEN admission to his apparent motives... Find it hard to believe there's anyone else out there in internet land interpreting this as favorably as you are tbh.

You're making out like he's said outright "I'm gunning for cash and don't care who knows it".... THAT would be refreshingly honest, not some bollocks about trophies in "England, Germany..... US or China".

NONE of this is an OPEN admission to his apparent motives... Find it hard to believe there's anyone else out there in internet land interpreting this as favorably as you are tbh.

You're making out like he's said outright "I'm gunning for cash and don't care who knows it".... THAT would be refreshingly honest, not some bollocks about trophies in "England, Germany..... US or China".

Why talk about US or China? Say France or Italy if he's all about trophies. Why not say he'd fancy South America, where there are countries steeped in footballing history.

No elite player goes to USA or China to win their national championships.

I think you'll find Blanchflower Blanchflower posted the quote originally and also thinks it's about money.

Why talk about US or China? Say France or Italy if he's all about trophies. Why not say he'd fancy South America, where there are countries steeped in footballing history.

No elite player goes to USA or China to win their national championships.

I think you'll find Blanchflower Blanchflower posted the quote originally and also thinks it's about money.

It's blatantly about the money, he probably has no intention of going to those countries.......but guess which uber wealthy mugs are interested in him?.....

Mention China and no doubt United shit themselves and offer another £5m a year on top of what they were already prepared to pay.

Priority for this summer should be Quality Left-footed Players.

Jan turned 30, and if Wimmer leaves, as expected, the only LCB would be Davies.
And there are no attackers that prefer the Left foot, outside of Lamela. Who know if he ever starts for Spurs again.
I suspect we will hear more rumors about Mahrez & Sessegnon this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom