Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not been on this thread for months.
Too lazy to read back. If anyone can be bothered, answer any of these for me (pretty please)

Toby. When does his contract run out? & what are the signs of him staying or being sold?

Walker. When does his contract run out?
What do you think our selling price would be for him? I Just can't see anyone paying 40M+ on a RB.

Anyone else likely to be going?
I am thinking maybe wimmer will go for 1st team football.

Has poch said any specific positions we are looking to target this summer?
& what roughly is our transfer budget?

what are our transfer rumours that seem pretty legit with some substance to it?

Obviously isco is a no go now.

I wouldn't mind defoe but he wouldn't suit poch's style & probably doesn't want to be a back up player. Off to the cherries it would seem.

I like pickford but the rumoured 30m is too much for a back up keeper.

Sigurdsson is good but suits being the main man which he wouldn't be here (eriksen is better).

Sessegnon seems to make perfect sense & I would love us to buy him.

If anyone offered 15-20m for sissoko then Id take it.

Josh king could cover for kane & play more wide too. My only doubt is that it was his 1st real good season so he would be a bit of a gamble in that sense. But shouldn't cost too much. Hmmm.

Loved your first sentence

Now keep it up for years instead of months
:dembelefingers:

It's not old for a CB. I know we have very high fitness expectations, but 27-32ish - that is traditionally considered your prime for a central defender. A position where experience and composure counts for more than anything.

I know; to clarify, I wasn't saying he was too old, more that I didn't realise he was that old.

It means he's potentially only got 2-3 seasons left at the top, when I had it in my mind that he was only 27ish.

In.

Werner
Klassen
Zaha

Out.

Sissoko
Wimmer

Perhaps Walker will go, but hopefully not. If so, Trippier is more than adequate cover.

Chris Smalling is on his way.. although I'm not sure he's any better than Eric Dier and I'd rather keep Dier with us than bring in Smalling and potentially upset the apple cart and lose Dier.

I still think we should throw £25m for Timo Werner.
Watched him closely against munich as he has been mentioned on here a lot.
Was very good & looks like a versatile player too.

Chris Smalling is absolutely horrendous, I remember last season people were arguing that he is as good at Toby, what a fucking farce that was
He isn't that bad. About a 7 out of 10 defender. But he does get over rated by pundits.
I actually think utd should have kept johnny evans.

Why talk about US or China? Say France or Italy if he's all about trophies. Why not say he'd fancy South America, where there are countries steeped in footballing history.

No elite player goes to USA or China to win their national championships.

I think you'll find Blanchflower Blanchflower posted the quote originally and also thinks it's about money.

Please.... Take a moment to re-read what I'm saying.

Either you're not reading my posts properly or we're at MAJOR cross purposes over this....

Your flippant comment to Blanchflower Blanchflower suggests you haven't got a clue what I'm saying nor what I'm disagreeing with you about.

I know; to clarify, I wasn't saying he was too old, more that I didn't realise he was that old.

It means he's potentially only got 2-3 seasons left at the top, when I had it in my mind that he was only 27ish.
He does look younger. Whereas eriksen looks 5 years older than he is.

Last edited:

Interestingly, he's already notched up 144 appearances for Spurs in all competitions... Just 11 less than he managed for Ajax!

I know what you mean about the timescale on his prime - but I do hope we keep a hold on him for as long as possible (sell on value be damned). He'll end up fully COYS by the end of it.

Please.... Take a moment to re-read what I'm saying.

Either you're not reading my posts properly or we're at MAJOR cross purposes over this....

Your flippant comment to Blanchflower Blanchflower suggests you haven't got a clue what I'm saying nor what I'm disagreeing with you about.

You're disagreeing because I think his talk of trophies in China and USA is actually a signal about money, but as he's not said it outright you're suggesting I shouldn't think it's refreshingly honest. You'd never hear any of our players saying they were going to China for trophies. Players who go there are going for the money and why not they get far more than anywhere else.

I would have thought it was more likely it would be a team like bayern, barca etc.
Obviously be more ££ & trophies.

Also, we haven't won a trophy yet so its a bit flawed saying no one has more chance of winning 1 than us.
Obviously I was focusing on our premier league rivals.

And if we keep everyone together and go into next season like we've finished this you wouldn't look at City Utd Liverpool or Arse and say they have a better chance of winning something.

Granted Chelsea u probably u would but we wouldn't sell to them anyway.

Sorry for being too positive.

Last edited:
Obviously I was focusing on our premier league rivals.

And if we keep everyone together and go into next season like we've finished this you wouldn't look at City Utd Liverpool or Arse and say they have a better chance of winning something.

Granted Chelsea u probably u would but we wouldn't sell to them anyway.

Sorry for being too positive for you tho.
Can't see us selling toby to another premiership team. It would be abroad I reckon.

it isn't about being positive or negative.
I just pointed out its flawed to say no one has a better chance of winning a trophy than us when we haven't won 1.
Which you have agreed on by now changing your answer to chelsea have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom