Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's blatantly about the money, he probably has no intention of going to those countries.......but guess which uber wealthy mugs are interested in him?.....

Mention China and no doubt United shit themselves and offer another £5m a year on top of what they were already prepared to pay.

But Greizmann said he wanted to win trophies in China and America.

:llorishuh:

Priority for this summer should be Quality Left-footed Players.

Jan turned 30, and if Wimmer leaves, as expected, the only LCB would be Davies.
And there are no attackers that prefer the Left foot, outside of Lamela. Who know if he ever starts for Spurs again.
I suspect we will hear more rumors about Mahrez & Sessegnon this summer.

Kane is pretty handy with his left foot. All three of his goals against Hull were scored with his left foot. Considering the money players are on id expect them to be able to use both feet equally well.

Pochettino also thought this about Moussa Sissoko. No manager is brilliant at everything.

Did Poch really say that about Sissoko?
:pochfacepalm:

And for all those who disagreed about Barkley I don't mean the present level he's playing at but what he could be like under Poch

He's no stamina now barely lasts 70 mins but definite potential

Certainly more than Gylfi who has found his level with Swansea but never let us down and I liked him

And he's playing the best football of his life.

I know we can get the obsessed with the next young star, but 30 isn't old

It is in footballing terms, and in the context our our squad. Most players start to call it quits around 31/32.

Replacing or buying a suitable backup to one of the two best ball playing centre backs we have had in years you say?

Both happen to be from Ajax, that's a coincidence.

Do Ajax have an 18 year old wonderkid ball playing centre back who is already a starter?

:levywhoa:

Replacing or buying a suitable backup to one of the two best ball playing centre backs we have had in years you say?

Wimmer was brought in to backup and be the long-term replacement for Jan. After the next 2 seasons, Jan will be 32. If Wimmer wants out, then there is a big hole in our future squad. Good teams will get a player in Before needed.
Or play Davies, as a CB.

Been thinking about the prospect of losing the likes of Toby who is nearing his last big contract and is probably looking at finishing his career with some trophies and then I'd dawned on me...you'd be hard pushed to look at the top 6 and consider anyone in a better position to win things next season!

Our recent form is better than anyone's and that extends over the past 2 seasons. Chelsea will have Europe to manage next season which could easily account for the points difference in us and them this season.

Sure the manchesters and Chelsea will splash silly money again but where did that get them this season? Arse are in free fall and the Bin dippers couldn't even take advantage of their lack of Europe this season.

Wages are obviously a huge factor but if Toby is sitting there thinking he wants the best chance of silverware I don't see how he could look at any of our rivals and think they hold a better chance.

Not been on this thread for months.
Too lazy to read back. If anyone can be bothered, answer any of these for me (pretty please)

Toby. When does his contract run out? & what are the signs of him staying or being sold?

Walker. When does his contract run out?
What do you think our selling price would be for him? I Just can't see anyone paying 40M+ on a RB.

Anyone else likely to be going?
I am thinking maybe wimmer will go for 1st team football.

Has poch said any specific positions we are looking to target this summer?
& what roughly is our transfer budget?

what are our transfer rumours that seem pretty legit with some substance to it?

Obviously isco is a no go now.

I wouldn't mind defoe but he wouldn't suit poch's style & probably doesn't want to be a back up player. Off to the cherries it would seem.

I like pickford but the rumoured 30m is too much for a back up keeper.

Sigurdsson is good but suits being the main man which he wouldn't be here (eriksen is better).

Sessegnon seems to make perfect sense & I would love us to buy him.

If anyone offered 15-20m for sissoko then Id take it.

Josh king could cover for kane & play more wide too. My only doubt is that it was his 1st real good season so he would be a bit of a gamble in that sense. But shouldn't cost too much. Hmmm.

Been thinking about the prospect of losing the likes of Toby who is nearing his last big contract and is probably looking at finishing his career with some trophies and then I'd dawned on me...you'd be hard pushed to look at the top 6 and consider anyone in a better position to win things next season!

Our recent form is better than anyone's and that extends over the past 2 seasons. Chelsea will have Europe to manage next season which could easily account for the points difference in us and them this season.

Sure the manchesters and Chelsea will splash silly money again but where did that get them this season? Arse are in free fall and the Bin dippers couldn't even take advantage of their lack of Europe this season.

Wages are obviously a huge factor but if Toby is sitting there thinking he wants the best chance of silverware I don't see how he could look at any of our rivals and think they hold a better chance.
I would have thought it was more likely it would be a team like bayern, barca etc.
Obviously be more ££ & trophies.

Also, we haven't won a trophy yet so its a bit flawed saying no one has more chance of winning 1 than us.

Chris Smalling is on his way.. although I'm not sure he's any better than Eric Dier and I'd rather keep Dier with us than bring in Smalling and potentially upset the apple cart and lose Dier.

I still think we should throw £25m for Timo Werner.

Chris Smalling is on his way.. although I'm not sure he's any better than Eric Dier and I'd rather keep Dier with us than bring in Smalling and potentially upset the apple cart and lose Dier.

I still think we should throw £25m for Timo Werner.
Chris Smalling is absolutely horrendous, I remember last season people were arguing that he is as good at Toby, what a fucking farce that was

Who knows, all I know is Sessegnon has monster potential maybe Dele Alli, Osumne Dembele level potential and if we win the race with Liverpool and City it will be one of the best bits of business in the market this summer.

I admit I have only watched him play 3-4 times but for a 16 year old he stands out. Remember last season we where linked many times with Osumne Dembele and it didn't happen, hopefully this one does.

Who knows he could come and waste his talent but if we are going to compete with the big boys season after season these clever signings like we did with Dele and Dier are the way to go. We don't need to sign the Griezmanns of this world but it helps if we sign the future Griezmanns.

I think we have a great chance. If you are a top young player then Spurs is clearly the place to go. You won't get game time at the other top four clubs. Chelsea, City, no way. Liverpool perhaps some chance, but you don't feel they are going to challenge for the title and may not even qualify for the CL consistently, whereas Spurs are more likely to and are challenging for titles consistently. Most important of all, if you are talented you are going to get game time, potentially starting every match if you show you are good enough, and Poch and his team, and the club have a proven reputation for developing young talent into superstars. Plus it's London. I really like the look of Sessegnon.

It is in footballing terms, and in the context our our squad. Most players start to call it quits around 31/32.

It's not old for a CB. I know we have very high fitness expectations, but 27-32ish - that is traditionally considered your prime for a central defender. A position where experience and composure counts for more than anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom