Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Argentine kids first half against England the other day. Ball playing CB, looks like Argentina went with 3 at the back. A Toby'esk player possibly.

Some of the Argentine jorno's I follow stating terms have been agreed. With Veron (great player) flying to England.

The Argentine kids first half against England the other day. Ball playing CB, looks like Argentina went with 3 at the back. A Toby'esk player possibly.

Some of the Argentine jorno's I follow stating terms have been agreed. With Veron (great player) flying to England.

Kid looks like he has intelligence. Very Toby-esque

From the clip, you can definitely see why we'd be in for him.

Rumours were we had scouts all over that tournament too (could also be why we are linked with Soteldo)

From the clip, you can definitely see why we'd be in for him.

Rumours were we had scouts all over that tournament too (could also be why we are linked with Soteldo)
If we sign Foyth and he turns out to be good for us, then it gives me a whole lot of faith in our scouts/transfer committee.

We're almost uniquely positioned at the top of the premier league as a team willing to give young players a fair crack of the whip (if good enough). If it comes to raw spending on good players, then we can't win that fight - but finding gems and coaching them into flourishing is definitely something we can do.

Last edited:
Soteldo is an intriguing player given he's only 5'3''.

As someone who's tiny myself, I find this height thing baffling.

The best player in the world right now was born with dwarfism and is only around 5'5. Maradona was 5'4. Pirlo was 5'8. Aguero is 5'6. Xavi was 5'5. Modric was 5'7. Ribbery is 5'6. Lahm is 5'6. Fuck, even Sanchez is only 5'5. There are hundreds more.

A small player with a burst of pace and balance has shown time and time again to be able to cope in football.

Please fuck off with this "But he's small" shit, this isn't basketball and this isn't the 90's, where English coaches instantly dismissed anyone below average height.

Twitter troll season in full effect....

:sonpoint:

66779b7c19fceecd0c9560b7cfcc19478d20d02d14bc919ac6eaebf4bf12ee63.jpg

best player in the world right now was born with dwarfism and is only around 5'5. Maradona was 5'4. Pirlo was 5'8. Aguero is 5'6. Xavi was 5'5. Modric was 5'7. Ribbery is 5'6. Lahm is 5'6. Fuck, even Sanchez is only 5'5. There are hundreds more.
Point taken, they're all short fuckers. I just find it amusing that after double-checking those height figures it seems that you managed to get every single one of them wrong.

Messi is 5'7"
Maradona was 5'5"
Pirlo is 5'10"
Augero is 5'8"
Xavi is 5'7"
Modric is 5'9"
Ribery is 5'7"
Lahm is 5'7"
Sanchez is 5'7"

Point taken, they're all short fuckers. I just find it amusing that after double-checking those height figures it seems that you managed to get every single one of them wrong.

Messi is 5'7"
Maradona was 5'5"
Pirlo is 5'10"
Augero is 5'8"
Xavi is 5'7"
Modric is 5'9"
Ribery is 5'7"
Lahm is 5'7"
Sanchez is 5'7"
Although I doubt they're as short as Jayc1 Jayc1 suggested they are, most athletes heights are exaggerated to be fair

As someone who's tiny myself, I find this height thing baffling.

The best player in the world right now was born with dwarfism and is only around 5'5. Maradona was 5'4. Pirlo was 5'8. Aguero is 5'6. Xavi was 5'5. Modric was 5'7. Ribbery is 5'6. Lahm is 5'6. Fuck, even Sanchez is only 5'5. There are hundreds more.

A small player with a burst of pace and balance has shown time and time again to be able to cope in football.

Please fuck off with this "But he's small" shit, this isn't basketball and this isn't the 90's, where English coaches instantly dismissed anyone below average height.
I actually like the look of him. He's a scrapper. I would prefer him to Max Meyer.

Maybe he can look after Lamela as well, provide some home town company maybe. Every little bit works when you are so far away from home.

Messi is 5'7"
Maradona was 5'5"
Pirlo is 5'10"
Augero is 5'8"
Xavi is 5'7"
Modric is 5'9"
Ribery is 5'7"
Lahm is 5'7"
Sanchez is 5'7"

To be fair, he said "was" about some of them, which is probably correct. I'm about 6'0'', but I WAS 5'4'' way too many years ago.

Messi is 5'7"
Maradona was 5'5"
Pirlo is 5'10"
Augero is 5'8"
Xavi is 5'7"
Modric is 5'9"
Ribery is 5'7"
Lahm is 5'7"
Sanchez is 5'7"

Also Maradona, Xavi, Modric and Pirlo are still alive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom