Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

You see, with utmost respect it is a scattergun approach. It just smacks of desperation and yes it's rumour only but.........some on here say Pochettino doesn't want wingers.

We really have to admit that we went into the transfer window without knowing what we were intending to do.

Hard to see evidence of a clear strategy other than recouping money on numerous sales.

keep-calm-only-36-more-hours.jpg

And it's entirely his fault why we have managed to sign only 1 first team player by now.

Is it? No not really there are many factors......the players he may have wanted staying at their clubs or going elsewhere. High wage demands, high transfer fees....Levy shares some blame, Poch shares some...such is life.

I dont play the blame game. Its too naive to think its all Levys fault. He got Sanchez done.....maybe Poch is happy with the squad like he says and not as bothered as you are.

I think we need replacements for the outs, therefore I would disagree with Poch if he´s content.

You could never ever say that though. Its a bit unsettling to think someone is beyond doing something wrong. Almost like really do think Poch is God.

Back off a bit mate hes a fucking football manager, not Buddah

Origi & Gray?

Ffs have we learnt nothing.

I am all for getting promising youngsters but we need to actually improve the squad and it's clear we are shit at identifying promising youngsters.

Dele wasn't exactly a gem our scouting network unearthed. He was pretty big news anyway

You see, with utmost respect it is a scattergun approach. It just smacks of desperation and yes it's rumour only but.........some on here say Pochettino doesn't want wingers.

We really have to admit that we went into the transfer window without knowing what we were intending to do.

Hard to see evidence of a clear strategy other than recouping money on numerous sales.

In response to my own post, which would matter less or nearly not at all if we had got 9 points out of 9 and had seen a couple of the fringe players making significant contributions. We haven't and so it is right to be frustrated.

As fans of a big club and one that for 2 years have been the best team in that period we were right to be hopeful that this season we would have a squad that was once more the envy of others, both off and crucially on the pitch.

I just do not get it especially aa we are in transfer surplus. Worse is that we seem incapable of finding attacking options anywhere in the world apart from the Premier League.

40 hours to be proved wrong in my assertion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom