Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lacazette

2016/17
40 apps
31 goals
4 assists

2015/16
44 apps
23 goals
4 assists

2014/15
40 apps
31 goals
8 assists

I'd pay £40-50 million for him tbh. Quick, can play as a winger or striker, scores a lot. only 25, has been very consistent for years, one of the top goal scorers in Europe. His contract ends in 2019 too, so this is their best chance to get some cash.

And then you get people suggesting King. Fucking hell. Some peoples ambition hasn't changed with our status. Lacazette would be incredible in this team.

His former manager said:
"He improved a lot thanks to his commitment at each training session. The way he supports and leads the team this season is unbelievable.

"He never left Lyon before and I know from my own experience as a kid of Lyon that when you leave your city for the first time it's quite difficult. If he chooses the right club, the right manager, and they have a little patience with him, they will be rewarded."

How does that not sound like a Spurs signing?

Lacazette

2016/17
40 apps
31 goals
4 assists

2015/16
44 apps
23 goals
4 assists

2014/15
40 apps
31 goals
8 assists

I'd pay £40-50 million for him tbh. Quick, can play as a winger or striker, scores a lot. only 25, has been very consistent for years, one of the top goal scorers in Europe. His contract ends in 2019 too, so this is their best chance to get some cash.

And then you get people suggesting King. Fucking hell. Some peoples ambition hasn't changed with our status. Lacazette would be incredible in this team.

His former manager said:
"He improved a lot thanks to his commitment at each training session. The way he supports and leads the team this season is unbelievable.

"He never left Lyon before and I know from my own experience as a kid of Lyon that when you leave your city for the first time it's quite difficult. If he chooses the right club, the right manager, and they have a little patience with him, they will be rewarded."

How does that not sound like a Spurs signing?
He's not going to be content to be Kane's back-up, and Lyon don't need to sell him, so will be holding out for stupid money. So it would be unlikely. Yes, he would be an excellent signing, and I don't think anyone in their right mind would disagree about that.

He's not going to be content to be Kane's back-up, and Lyon don't need to sell him, so will be holding out for stupid money. So it would be unlikely. Yes, he would be an excellent signing, and I don't think anyone in their right mind would disagree about that.

I think he could play in a front 3 behind Kane, much like Alli does.

Alli-Kane-Lazacette

Or a front 4.

Kane
Lacazette-Alli-Eriksen

Or even a front 2.

I don't view him as a back up.

I think Winks is better than barkley especially for the dembele position i dont think walker is going anywhere seen that we always rotate our fullbacks plus levy would never sell him to city i think our squad is settled prettymuch it would take a whole lot a money to turn our players heads now it has to be either barca or real madrid.I want that young midfielder from monaco he is a beast.

Also, when a player comes out in May and does interviews about which clubs he will join....well, it doesn't paint a picture of him staying another year. I think he's going this year.

He's committed enough time to them tbh.

"This summer I might go for a breath of fresh air and try something different, always with the idea of progressing in football and as a person,’ he told UEFA.com ahead of Lyon’s Europa League semi-final with Ajax.

‘I’m going to keep working, with the hope that good opportunities come for me this summer."

Come on. You don't say that then stay another year. He's off. Probably to Bayern.

Seri rumors today. Could be a good depth option as a way to set-up for moving Dembele on in a couple of years. Although after the NLD, I don't know if we need that.

"This summer I might go for a breath of fresh air and try something different, always with the idea of progressing in football and as a person,’ he told UEFA.com ahead of Lyon’s Europa League semi-final with Ajax.

‘I’m going to keep working, with the hope that good opportunities come for me this summer."

Come on. You don't say that then stay another year. He's off. Probably to Bayern.
He probably wants to leave. But Lyon aren't poor and do have the ability to play hardball, that's all I'm saying. Somewhere like Bayern would make sense, since he's going to be wanting competitive Champion's League football.

I think Winks is better than barkley especially for the dembele position i dont think walker is going anywhere seen that we always rotate our fullbacks plus levy would never sell him to city i think our squad is settled prettymuch it would take a whole lot a money to turn our players heads now it has to be either barca or real madrid.I want that young midfielder from monaco he is a beast.

I don't think that Barkley and Winks are the same type of player or would fill the same position. That being said, I'm not a huge fan of Barkley, Winks has shown the ability to play very well against some difficult competition, and has way more upside than him as well.

I can't wait for him to get back.

I think Nathan Redmond could be coached by Pochettino to take less crap shots, and then you'd have the Sadio Mane he always wanted, rather than the Moussa Sissoko we currently have:

I think Nathan Redmond could be coached by Pochettino to take less crap shots, and then you'd have the Sadio Mane he always wanted, rather than the Moussa Sissoko we currently have:

i quite like the lad Redmond. looks very decent but still raw- decision making is a concern.

Interesting youth prospect in Brazil by the name of Tiago Mia. Young centre mid, box to box type like Dembele. Definitely worth keeping an eye on.

Bale a kick and run merchant? You sound just as ridiculous as the people calling Kane a tap-in merchant. Get a grip of yourselves, you look like a bunch of wound up exes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom