Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gareth Bale has cost Real Madrid £7.2 million during his time out injured over the past 2 seasons.

Dele Alli cost £5m....

Bale's a kick and run merchant with a decent freekick and header, who excelled at Spurs/for Wales as THE focal player; the current team is about the collective, and he'd be exposed for his weak build-up play. Alli and Kane are better technicians and team-players, work harder and in real terms should be regarded as superior players.

I can see Madrid wanting to sell him soon, given the emergence of Asenio and Lucas plus the pending arrival of Hazard. Regardless of the first option attained as part of the sale, it wouldn't be a good move.

Bale won some titles at Real, but he has completely been ruined as a player.

He was athletic when he was playing for us, just like Kane and Dele are right now. In Madrid, he was turned into a player purely relying on power and playing him on the wrong side of the pitch. That aside, he earns 250k a week in Madrid. I see him coming back to the PL, either City or United.

To put things into perspective, Kane, Dele and Son score more frequently than Bale.

Bale's problem is that while he is good technically he is very reliant on pace and power which begins to decline as time goes on. We may have had him at his peak.

I don't see this as an issue for Kane for example who relies more on his cunning. This is why in my view Scholes and Terry where at the top for quite a bit longer than Ferdinand and Gerrard.

I don't see this as an issue for Kane for example who relies more on his cunning. This is why in my view Scholes and Terry where at the top for quite a bit longer than Ferdinand and Gerrard.

I read a bit yesterday about how Ronaldo has re-invented himself in a different role (as a striker) now he's lost pace and power - it's the same as Giggs too, or even Rooney.

I can't see Bale doing that. He's a bit crap at tackling, and I've not seen much evidence of his ability that would put him anywhere near the likes of Beckham if he lost his pace.

Personally, I don't see how Bale could possibly fit into our current system.
On the left flank, we already have one of the best wingbacks in the world and I am quite sure that Bale would not stand a chance fighting against Eriksen and Alli for the number 10 positions.

However, he is a world class player though. No doubt about that.
But we should spend our money more wisely

Lacazette has stated he will only join a team that plays CL football next season... worth a punt on?

Also, we've been linked with Josh King today. He's had a very good season.

A very good season that followed an unimpressive season that followed a handfuk of poor seasons at Blackburn.

He's always been very talented physically, decent technically, but struggled to understand how to turn talent into performances and goals. He started getting senior games in 2010. Since then he's scored 24 league goals in 126 appearances. 13 of those goals have been scored in his last 17 games, since 31. Dec 2016.

Based on his last 17 games, he's a fantastic player. Based on the previous 11 goals in 109 games, though, it is incredible that he's still in the PL.

I tend to think that big clubs would often benefit from taking a risk with players that show talent through a short period of very impressive play. But that goes for young players who've just started their careers. For King, given his history and the price he would likely command, I'd say no.

On the left flank, we already have one of the best wingbacks in the world and I am quite sure that Bale will not stand a chance fighting against Eriksen and Alli for the number 10 positions.

However, he is world class player though. No doubt about that.

He would be the solution to our everlasting problem of the third guy in our 4-2-3-1 (our AMR). Last summer he was the best signing we could do, in theory, imo. Now though, with the injury problems he's had and with us playing 3-4-3, I can't see him fit in.

On the left flank, we already have one of the best wingbacks in the world and I am quite sure that Bale would not stand a chance fighting against Eriksen and Alli for the number 10 positions.

However, he is a world class player though. No doubt about that.

Bale would walk into every team in the world. If he were to ever come back, I could see Eriksen dropping to a more central position, almost Modric-Esqe and then Bale going into number 10 with Dele.

With us playing at Wembley next season, I think we should adopt the 3-4-2-1 formation all season. Our best performance there this year was vs Chelsea, and I think if we had Rose fit we'd of won that game.

If were to spend £70m this summer and adopt the 3 at the back formation, then I'd be tempted to go after Van Dijk and then a back up striker to Kane. Van Dijk along Verts and Toby would add to the already strongest defence in the league. Dier is still a great option there.

Bale would walk into every team in the world. If he were to ever come back, I could see Eriksen dropping to a more central position, almost Modric-Esqe and then Bale going into number 10 with Dele.

This would change our playing style radically as we would get a midfield lacking in defense if we bench either Wanyama or Dembele. Based on this season, I tend to think that it would be a step in the wrong direction.

Moreover, I think we will benefit more from Eriksen's abilities if he plays the number 10, and to be honest I don't see how Bale should be able to do a better job on that position than our Great Dane is doing at the moment.

Someone please explain to me how welcoming back a player that threw his toys out of the pram to get his dream move to his boyhood club Madrid is forward thinking. Makes us look like needy wankers to me.

Bale has return to England to play for manure for a ridiculous sum, put several good performances and then get injured for a long time, written all over him.

After 3-4 years of injury ridden years there he might even sign for Newcastle.

Disconnect the past from the present.

My mums tit was great to suck on when I was 2 weeks old. Not so much now.
chang_spits_milk.gif

Bale's a kick and run merchant with a decent freekick and header, who excelled at Spurs/for Wales as THE focal player; the current team is about the collective, and he'd be exposed for his weak build-up play. Alli and Kane are better technicians and team-players, work harder and in real terms should be regarded as superior players.

I can see Madrid wanting to sell him soon, given the emergence of Asenio and Lucas plus the pending arrival of Hazard. Regardless of the first option attained as part of the sale, it wouldn't be a good move.
yeah all of Bales 130+ career goals have been headers and free kicks.

shit player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom