Summer 2016 Transfer Window Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not good enough for Newcastle yet good enough to play alongside the likes of Pogba, Griezmann, Lloris etc in France team in a cup final - at the end of the day, he clearly wasnt motivated to play for a team in a relegation fight, thats not the right attitude to have but it shows that WHEN applied (France national team) he can turn it on. Maybe Steve McClaren, Alan Pardew, John Carver etc couldn't PUSH him to the next level because they're as good as Pochettino?

Maybe Pochettino feels he can turn him into something better?
He flatters to deceive. He's all legs no brain, he constantly runs into dead ends. We might as well have shelled out 30m for Townsend

£30m for a player that'll most likely be the 12th man (aka the first man off the bench if MD, CE or EL are off form). Now that's being ambitious with your money. Very unlike Levy and I'm just praying that Poch pushed this one.

All in all, a good window with or without Sissoko even if I'm having trouble adapting to the new transfer fees.

As an American, this signing reminds me of when everyone freaked out over some of the NBA contracts that were passed out this summer. The inflation of the market has brought out a lot of big numbers we aren't used to seeing. I do think we overpaid to an extent but I'd rather pony up in this situation than not. I see Poch getting the best out of Sissoko. It's the type of player skill-wise he loves.
Good point. About 90% of the transfer fees I see look too high. So we are probably all under valuing most players.

He flatters to deceive. He's all legs no brain, he constantly runs into dead ends. We might as well have shelled out 30m for Townsend
I think Sissoko is ALOT better than Townsend.

Pochettino couldn't get ANYTHING out of Townsend. Sissoko has shown that on his day he is very very good, however rare that day may be.

How about you judge him on his Spurs performances and not in a relegation battling side?

I'm not a fan of sissoko either, but we know poch is good at getting the best out of players, I'm willing to give him a chance if this happens, if it doesnt, no matter. As for the price, yeah its ridiculous, but if poch can get the best out of him then he'll be a useful addition, wiv CL an all..

He's a great coach but he can't Polish a turd.

tumblr_m9r956STvs1qe0mfwo1_500.gif

I thought the point of buying late in the transfer window meant that you got a bargain? Or that was the logic behind Levy leaving it this late.

Christ we are being fucked over here. Didier Zokora MK II for 30M! And as others have said he flirted with the gooners not too long ago.
Awful awful signing. Fuck this shit

What a shambolic summer we've had. The excuses for our slow dealings was because of the new stadium was being built then we end up panicking at the last minute on Moussa fucking Sissoko when the likes of Boufal were going for cheaper prices.

I feel sick.

Back
Top Bottom