Summer 2016 Transfer Window Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I cannot believe we're spending 30m on Moussa Sissoko. Levy has got to be the dumbest fucking chairman out there. How on earth can we spend 30m on a player that isn't good enough for a relegated Newcastle side. Why didn't we compete with Liverpool for Mane, Schalke for Embolo, Leipzig for Burke or pay the fucking money for Batshuayi? Joke of a fucking transfer window. When Sissoko inevitably fails here, it will prevent Levy from ever spending more than 10m on a player again

Sissoko = panic buy

Better players were available earlier on in the transfer window, but we were unwilling to spend the money. Now £30 million is available for a player we never really wanted in the first place!!!

Spurs have thrown all logic out of the window. Guys like isco cost 45m for a permanent deal. Gundogan and mkhitaryan cost between 20-30m. Yet here we are paying over that for a 27 year old who actively goes for woolwich and has little work ethic. I don't understand.
Levy messed up the window & got desperate so had to over bid or else poch would be left short.
Could have got him a lot cheaper before the euros.

Has a signing ever divided opinion as much as this one?

All i can say is: - the boy better have a fucking all guns blazing superhuman worldy of a first game or the fucking vultures will be all over him

Surely we wouldn't have matched it unless Poch is really pushing for him? Levy wouldn't just throw £30m at a championship player for the sake of it... Would he?

I must be in the minority but I think MS has potential - a good rival for Dembeles spot but shit the bed, £30m seems absurd...
He is 27, not 17.

I'm not a fan of sissoko either, but we know poch is good at getting the best out of players, I'm willing to give him a chance if this happens, if it doesnt, no matter. As for the price, yeah its ridiculous, but if poch can get the best out of him then he'll be a useful addition, wiv CL an all..

You know what, fuck the negativity.

Welcome Mr. Sissoko. But we here at Spurs will not tolerate that shit you pulled on the Geordies last year.

Play your role with passion and we'll love you. Fuck this up and we'll butcher you.

I'm sure you'll get 2000 mins (22 games worth) from:

Onomah
Winks
Wanyama
Janssen
Edwards
Carter-Vickers
Harrison

....over the course of the season, some more likely in less important fixtures, but still mostly extra squad players that weren't used last year (minus Onomah, but he's looking more like a regular).

On another note, saw this guy in the Academy list - Harry Voss. Wish I could have grown a beard like that at 19
h_voss.jpg

My wife did!

:walkercry:

I cannot believe we're spending 30m on Moussa Sissoko. Levy has got to be the dumbest fucking chairman out there. How on earth can we spend 30m on a player that isn't good enough for a relegated Newcastle side. Why didn't we compete with Liverpool for Mane, Schalke for Embolo, Leipzig for Burke or pay the fucking money for Batshuayi? Joke of a fucking transfer window. When Sissoko inevitably fails here, it will prevent Levy from ever spending more than 10m on a player again

Not good enough for Newcastle yet good enough to play alongside the likes of Pogba, Griezmann, Lloris etc in France team in a cup final - at the end of the day, he clearly wasnt motivated to play for a team in a relegation fight, thats not the right attitude to have but it shows that WHEN applied (France national team) he can turn it on. Maybe Steve McClaren, Alan Pardew, John Carver etc couldn't PUSH him to the next level because they're as good as Pochettino?

Maybe Pochettino feels he can turn him into something better?

We're spending 30m on a 27-year-old back-up to Dembele. What on earth is wrong with Daniel Levy the stupid fucking cunt, same goes for Poch. So much for preparation going into the transfer window, obvious panic signing

Back
Top Bottom