Summer 2016 Transfer Window Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Now we have 2 players signed that improve the squad. We could still do with a couple more but I will not be concerned if it does not happen. I do not like players having to cover/play in more than one position. Therefore I would like a replacement to Fazio. He need not cost much and hopefully Fazio will be sold and outlay will be minimal. Any more signings will be an upgrade on some of the fringe players. Poch was quoted as saying something like the last match of the season sorted some things out for him. As that was a disaster I can only think it meant he decided some players were not good enough. Bentaleb has been out of favour for months.
We have a minimum 6 champions league matches on top of league matches and International call ups for most players. We need cover in every position and have it for 3 of the 4 defenders, striker and DM. Son & Njie may get better this season. If we do not buy then Mason, Carroll etc are staying & they will play and that will be either in the league or against the likes of Dortmund where our fringe players failed. We do not have the easier opposition in the Europa. We look stronger than last season but so will our opponents and we won nothing last season.
As I said it was Poch's comments at the end of the season that suggest he wants more.

Any chance you know who played in that match?

maybe rose is off. Why would we want 3 lb's. The only other reason is if Poch wants a lb for CL, one for PL and another for cups. Also Rose is known to pick up a few niggles during the season.

The whole argument has really just been - "will Götze leave Bayern" ... and yes, he will ... and the endorsements within Germany are why.

I'm not sure he's going to come to England, I don't know if he'd be a good fit at Spurs, any of that. Just that he needs to leave Bayern because his sponsors (of which there are many) are going to want him to, if nothing else so his profile in his home country remains high.

He's at a tipping point of his career, that part is pretty clear.

He's the face of Nike, Beats, Samsung and others in the German speaking world (along with Lewandowski now in the last year or so). Every Nike and Beats commercial on TV here during the Euros? Every MediaMarkt (since you're an American, basically it's German Best Buy) commercial on TV during the tournament? Every Samsung ad? Mercedes ad? All of them have Götze in them. He's one of the famous and marketable people in the 4th largest economy in the world, and one that is a local star who speaks the local language. That's enormously valuable.

It's telling you didn't use google.de (or .at or .ch) ... the customers that Götze is selling to aren't customers that are being advertised to in English.

Tbh in the beginning of the summer, he featured a lot before the Euros. Basically it was about him signing for Liverpool or Dortmund, it was on NTV though.
With that being said, I can't really understand where the Spurs rumor piped up.

Or maybe their fault is that they're clearly paying more attention to the sport than the people responding in the survey. Pirlo and van Persie can't even be classed as footballers with a straight face now.

Plus, it's impossible to divorce awareness survey results from the marketing machine already in motion - ergo Rooney scoring so high on this list mostly due to the amount of marketing Nike has poured into him for well over a decade.

Götze couldn't even get the website to knock up a cool little infographic on him, your point is invalid.

:levylol:

No, global awareness has less to do with the sport than it perhaps should, but it's still a hugely important factor.

We'll just have to agree to disagree then, if you just dismiss an objective survey on global awareness, based on your subjective opinions on Gotze, Pirlo and Van Persie.

Really don't understand where all the Nike talk is coming from. He's on €1.5m a year from Nike, most their people back in Oregon don't even know who he is.

As far as a business standpoint, why would you be overly concerned with maneuvering players you've signed to a club that you've also signed. On one hand, the player can play for a club where you're already paying significant endorsement fees to publicize your merchandise. On the other hand, that player could play for a club that is paid to publicize your chief competitor's merchandise - diluting the impact of their branding while increasing yours.

Seriously, if Nike were that concerned about signing a player in our club they could literally hand everyone in the squad the same €1.5m they're paying Mario without even noticing it in their books.

Nike has given LeBron more than $1B...again most people in Eugene, Oregon don't even know who Götze is. Ronaldo, Lewandowski, Neymar, Ibrahimović...those are the faces of Nike football.

most people in Oregon don't know where Germany is ,,,,,

• Lloris
  • Walker/Chadli
  • Alderweireld
  • Vertonghen
  • Davies
  • Dier
  • Mason/Carroll
  • Lamela
  • Eriksen
  • Son/Onomah
  • Kane
Chadli/Carroll/Onomah being subs. I can only assume he meant one of the players in bold

Did you mean to bold Onomah? I highly doubt he's going to be moving on as he's only 19 and looks a solid prospect. I could agree with Mason and Carroll wholeheartedly though.

most people in Oregon don't know where Germany is ,,,,,
Of course they do. It's also known as Leavenworth, Washington. The place that sells schnitzel and cuckoo clocks.
maifest-61.jpg

LW_Welcome_2004.jpg

Back
Top Bottom