Summer 2016 Transfer Window Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It began at 11.12am this morning.....

That's the smart play to kick off the silly season if you're a cunt journo, looking to spray around names all summer. Start with claiming way early that it's loooooooong list. When all your guesses prove to wrong, they were just another name on that list, but the club went for someone else :vertna:

Someone with a Twatter account wanna reply him asking for the list, he seems to know about? :vert:

People are talking about Embolo but Moanes Dabour from Grasshoppers is a great bargain, 23 years old, top scorer (18) and top assisting player (12) in Switzerland. Very handy and tidy player and I think he can do well under Poch (plus he'll cost like 1/6 of Embolo because of name recognition).

I'd be happy with Batshuayi as he seems the perfect fit for us but there have been questions about his attitude, we wouldn't sign anyone without looking into that though.

I would be slightly disappointed if we signed Witsel, after watching him afew times he's nothing special.

Last edited:
People are talking about Embolo but Moanes Dabour from Grasshoppers is a great bargain, 23 years old, top scorer (18) and top assisting player (12) in Switzerland. Very handy and tidy player and I think he can do well under Poch (plus he'll cost like 1/6 of Embolo because of name recognition).
Moanes is the real deal.

I'd be happy with Batshuayi as he seems the perfect fit for us but there have been questions about his attitude, we wouldn't sign anyone without looking into that though.

I would be slightly disappointed if we signed Witsel, after watching him afew times he's nothing special.

I've said it before. I would have serious reservations about anyone who has spent time at somewhere like Zenit or Anzhi. All footballers take money into consideration when switching clubs, but anyone going there have done instead of focusing on their career, and I don't want mercenaries like that into the squad.

Am I going crazy, or does it look like he isn't running as fast as he can in all of these highlights?

Pace would be lovely - so this guy miiiiight have it, but it's difficult to tell.

Are you just saying this because you feel that all Africans must be able to run faster than he is there?

In all seriousness though, I don't really like having African players in the squad because of the timing of the African cup of nations. It's such a crucial time in the season and I feel it's dangerous to lose a player for 6 weeks in January.

Are you just saying this because you feel that all Africans must be able to run faster than he is there?

In all seriousness though, I don't really like having African players in the squad because of the timing of the African cup of nations. It's such a crucial time in the season and I feel it's dangerous to lose a player for 6 weeks in January.
Or in Ade's case, about eight weeks by the time he could be arsed coming back.

8dc5c70ff28920c87828bb261a5c572c.jpg

Nah, but don't you think his legs aren't moving in a way that would indicate maximum speed (not particularly long strides, etc)?

With you on the AFCON concern though. Always thought that was a big downside to signing a player from one of the biggest African footballing nations (Cote D'Ivoire, Nigeria, Algeria). Wouldn't be so bad for a German team with their mid-winter break, but not for us with our hectic festive period.

Where: COYS
When: 5th May

Ali Z on Dembele: been told we won't appeal - expecting 5 game ban.

Hertyid on Batshuayi: I still highly doubt this transfer

#ITK
Still perplexed as to why we haven't heard anything about Dembele today.

And whyyyyy? Why does he doubt the transfer? Is a reason too much to ask?

Because the club is unwilling to match West Ham's offer.

There. I did a better ITK than the ITK.

Any views on signing Arteta on a free. Ponch has indicated its possible due to their relationship. A good, experienced pro to aid our younger players....but tainted by playing for Woolwhich...

After Gallas ( who was excellent mostly ) is it acceptable, I say no...but then I also want Poch to be able to decide

Bentaleb should be loaned out to a club in the PL where he'd get consistent game time. He needs to learn maturity, rid himself of some of his arrogance and all thecostly mistakes it has led to. A club playing decent football where defending is crucial would probably do him good. Bournemouth, Swansea, whoever stays up of Norwich, Sunderland or Newcastle, and the newly promoted teams may be good alternatives. Maybe even Southampton, Everton or Stoke.

Pritchard should be loaned out to a club playing our kind of football, where he'd get game time. Bournemouth, Everton (if they lose players like Barkley), Southampton, Swansea or other teams playing good football in the PL. Might also look at the Bundesliga or La Liga if no good offer from a PL side.

N'Jie needs game time in the PL. Any side would do, but a side playing our kind of football would be preferable.

Lastly, Onomah too should be loaned out. He's got the quality, but needs to learn that he has to take responsibility both offensively and defensively, and not just be a passenger, and he has to learn that he has the ability to be influential at this level.

Winks too, should go out in search for game time.

Yedlin and Fazio should be sold.

That would leave us with a squad of 19 players.

We need to add:
- A second CB cover, preferably a right footed, right sided one. May be internally recruited (CCV?).
- A good CBish DM to cover for Dier. Someone who knows how to sit patiently and disciplined in the right position in midfield. Who? Dunno.
- A cover for Dembele. Would love me some Imbula, but he's probably not available. Should we focus on cover for Dembele’s ball winning skills, his ball retention ability, his ability to glide through a defensive line or his impressive passing. Will be hard to cover, he's so fuckin fantastic. Could Gueye give us enough, with his defensive ability?
- An AM who could make an immediate impact and potentially be one of our first eleven. I'm looking at Bale, but am worried that he, like most women I look at, will just ignore me. Lacazette?
- A backup for Kane. Preferably someone young, who can play in a partnership and who can add something in an AM role. But if Bats wanna come, I'm willing to give it a go.

So.
Fazio and Yedlin out.
Lacazette, Gueye, Batshuayi, Ball (might not be the level of DM we'd want, but maybe he deserves a chance, plus we spent all our money on attackers) and CCV in.

15m in, 60 out. We can live with that, can't we Levy?

Any views on signing Arteta on a free. Ponch has indicated its possible due to their relationship. A good, experienced pro to aid our younger players....but tainted by playing for Woolwhich...

After Gallas ( who was excellent mostly ) is it acceptable, I say no...but then I also want Poch to be able to decide
This was being reported as him taking a coaching role not joining the playing staff.

Back
Top Bottom