Summer 2016 Transfer Window Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

watching the mancs buy pogba and the other mancs buy stones , scousers spending loads of dough and even west ham spending 20 odd million yesterday just makes me wonder and wish we would push the boat out a bit, i realize we have to pay for the new stadium but Levy said transfer funds would be ring fenced but i would love to see a statement signing of our intent ideally a attacking midfielder to unlock tight defences...... come on Daniel get your wallet out and make us smile

watching the mancs buy pogba and the other mancs buy stones , scousers spending loads of dough and even west ham spending 20 odd million yesterday just makes me wonder and wish we would push the boat out a bit, i realize we have to pay for the new stadium but Levy said transfer funds would be ring fenced but i would love to see a statement signing of our intent ideally a attacking midfielder to unlock tight defences...... come on Daniel get your wallet out and make us smile
They're buying players because they need them. Who do we realistically need who's worth spending that sort of money on. Lamela can unlock tight defences as proven.

I honestly think it's as much Poch as it is Levy if is Isco becomes available I'm sure we'd push the boat out. Poch wants a certain type of player and the talk of Jannsen being an incredibly hard worker etc really fits that profile. Equally he knows Wanyama so knows what he's getting. It's not as easy as clicking your fingers 3 times and you end up with Gotze Isco etc

Also United and City have huge pulling power and $$$ and Liverpool spending 60M on Mane and Winj is insane... Also they need work far more than we do.

I do get your point but it's about buying the right players, I think we see teams make signings and worry but we forget how far ahead of these teams we were in footballing terms last year.

Have faith. Still feel Nkoudou and an AM will come in. No idea who.

Waynama and Janssen are very good players and cover the holes we need covered. The only player I imagine we would need now would be an X factor player to compete with Eriksen or Lamela. Linked with Ante Coric and Rafa Silva so one of them would do. We are not going to be paying £110 million or whatever for Suarez.

If anything we need to be selling players right now. Lots of kids like Winks, Carter-Vickers and Edwards, maybe the best crop of young players we have produced and we need to give them the chance.

So far only Uniteds signing of Mkytarian and Ibrahimovic really concerns me.

Buy who to replace who?

We're never going to spend more than Man U or City or even match the scousers atm.
Spam have spent what £25m net on 3 players including one they already had on loan.
We have spent about £20m net on 2.
As you say, we also have a stadium to pay for.

We're never going to spend more than Man U or City or even match the scousers atm.
Spam have spent what £25m net on 3 players including one they already had on loan.
We have spent about £20m net on 2.
As you say, we also have a stadium to pay for.
Reason isn't welcome here.

Agree its difficult to find top class players and yes i agree the Janssen and victor are good additions but i think we did need a X factor player to unlock the teams that have constantly come to the lane and parked the bus over the last few seasons ........ who it is , well i leave that to the world wide scouting network we have

Mangala £40m, Otamendi £32m, Stones £47m. Meanwhile Alderweireld £11,5m. Let that sink in..!

excited-baby.gif

You have good reason to do it but I think putting someone on ignore is self defeating

You then miss out on some good banter which I've had with him but he was way out of line this time

I haven't put him on there, but if it gets too annoying it takes too much bandwith to get involved in catsfights on here...

Then if you know that he decided leave BM himself then you know more than me.

Pep:
"He is a top, top player. Unfortunately, during the last three years he was never in good condition" His legs had long gone.

In Pep's system the the high press is critical, and the "U" pass abolished. Schweinsteiger was never going to answer the call to play in that system, and everyman and his dog can see that his legs have gone anyway.

No manager would have said "i want rid" especially a Club legend, but the players long term future was finished at BM after Pep arived.

Pep Confidential is a great read, and pity you haven't had chance in particular that he is now managing in this Country. I am really looking forward to seeing how he sets Citeh out to play this season.

From what has been said here in Germany that's my understanding. Pep had other options in central midfield that was incredibly good, so Schweinsteiger was never 100% happy under Pep. You can't blame him, with the injuries either. Anyway, Pep would have kept him, had he chosen to stay.

Anyway, enough of Schweinsteiger - who would never come to Spurs anyway.

He was very popular among the players and I wonder whether Mourinho has done his first mistakes with the treatment of Mata and Schweinsteiger.

Back
Top Bottom