Summer 2016 Transfer Window Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Dembele has scored again for Rennes, against Marseille.

I wonder if we have any scouts watching. Batshuayi also playing.

So we know who we want to buy (McGinn et al), but who do we want to sell?
I'd put Onomah on loan and try to get a good price for Chadli (he's not of the highest standard). That would create space for a galactico inside forward to be bought

Go back for Wanyama, and also for Dembele from Fulham.
No on both of them for me now.

Providing we qualify for QL...we should be targeting quality players that Poch thinks will improve the first X1 (except the striker we bring in that doesn't need to better than Kane but needs to be more proven than Dembele). If we bring in a CM it should be someone Poch thinks can realistically displace either Mousa or Dier...if we bring in another attacking midfielder it has to be someone of such quality that can start ahead of the current 3 attacking mids.

Wanyama would be such a waste of money. He's no better than the likes of Kante or Gueye at Aston Villa - teams have shown with scouting you don't have to spend £20,000,000 on average players like Wanyama.

I really hope we push on this on with a marquee signing. I think Poch has Levy's complete trust now
Only if Poch thinks we need one.

He has earned the right to name the player(s) he wants & Levy shouldn't question his judgment one bit.

We dismantled Bournemouth today. A total demolition job. One of the most clinical & professional displays you could imagine.

And with no more midweek distractions, I can only see the team getting stronger.

Wanyama would be such a waste of money. He's no better than the likes of Kante or Gueye at Aston Villa - teams have shown with scouting you don't have to spend £20,000,000 on average players like Wanyama.
Wanyama would be perfect in the Dier role, and would help rotate the team in all competitions but still be competitive. Dembele is 19, and he fits the profile for our transfers.
Kante is supposed to be part of the Chelsea rebuild, you have to think he will move on in the summer. It will be interesting to see the fee.

Wanyama would be perfect in the Dier role, and would help rotate the team in all competitions but still be competitive. Dembele is 19, and he fits the profile for our transfers.
Kante is supposed to be part of the Chelsea rebuild, you have to think he will move on in the summer. It will be interesting to see the fee.
If we can get Wanyama for like £7,000,000 then yeah I am all for it. Otherwise not for me. I think there are ALOT better players then him and a lot more similar players we could sign for alot cheaper then Southampton wanted for him.

If we can get Wanyama for like £7,000,000 then yeah I am all for it. Otherwise not for me. I think there are ALOT better players then him and a lot more similar players we could sign for alot cheaper then Southampton wanted for him.
For the money Southampton would want there is definitely better options out there

Would he really? He's significantly worse on the ball, doesn't have the mobility to cover for the fullbacks, is incredibly rash in the tackle compared to Dier and most importantly, doesn't really look like someone with the discipline to drop in between the centrehalves. I'm not a fan of him at all.

He's better than Gueye though, lol. Don't let the interception/tackle stats fool you. He's utter garbage. No discipline.

Kanté is the best in the league, better than Dier, but not by much.

Back
Top Bottom