Summer 2016 Transfer Window Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I cannot see Bale returning to us, first option deal or not. Maybe we could write off the remainder of the Madrid debt on Bale, perhaps we could pay his wages due to TV deal. However Bale coming back could potentially upset the well harvested squad harmony. Pochettino has expelled 'big' personalities out of the squad, I see Bale coming back with a big time Charlie reputation, which is not what we're about. Would he be happy to follow the instructions of Pochettino and give his all for the team philosophy?

I never thought of Bale as a 'big time Charlie ' type of player and I think he would give his all for the team philosophy but whether Poch would want him or Levy sanction his wages are other matters

:levylol:

Isn't is natural though, that his role has changed at such a different club? He's not meant to make those runs when the crowd moans every time, he doesn't pass to Ronaldo!

Come to think of it, a much better test than how he looks, acts and plays at Real, is how he does say with Wales. He's much more the star of the show there, than he would be returning to us. Any fans from Wales with insight into what's being said of his attitude in training with the national team, and what his attitude looks like in matches?

Oh, and making assumptions based on hair is a no go! That number of footballers with stupid haircuts far outweighs those with normal ones at top clubs :clintonohshit:

I don't want the focus on a primadonna star of the show. It's a team game and all our players should be the star of the show. Bale comes back who is the leader? Him or Pochettino?

Stupid hairstyles put the attention on the player, I want them concentrating on their play not poncing about with their stupid hair.

Bale is the best signing we could possibly do, if it's realistic that he'd stay fit.

His best position is at AMR, which has been a problem position for us. He'd add a shit ton of goals, a threat in space (that we need!), and take a lot of focus off of Kane.

Imagine our attacking four with the goal threat of Kane, Alli and Bale, assisted by the playmakery of Eriksen or the through-ballery of Lamela.

The AMR position should be our main transfer focus, and an athletic type that can threaten space would be fantastic. Bale is the prime example of what we need.

The guy also knows the lads. I'm sure they'll be extatic to have him back.

It makes so much sense.

Pleeease!!

I don't want the focus on a primadonna star of the show. It's a team game and all our players should be the star of the show. Bale comes back who is the leader? Him or Pochettino?

Stupid hairstyles put the attention on the player, I want them concentrating on their play not poncing about with their stupid hair.

Poch, of course.

Bale would be perfect to keep Harry from growing bigger than the club.

Man that's ridiculous, Toby has stupid hair and full of tats ... is he a team player ?

hairdo's and tats and cars dont make or break a player, if that player is a pro and has proven to be a hard working pro he can have pink hair and a selfie tattoo on his ass for all i care

A lot of psychologists on this forum apparently. Any person who wouldn't want Bale back should just be disregarded forever

I never said I didn't want him back. It's a case of how does it affect what we already have. Same with any other elite player. Pochettino strikes me as a star maker not star buyer.

I read somewhere that Bale has played only 63% of games since his move. He is injury prone. A hair out of place is a 2 week sidelining (joking...or am I?)

He is a great player, no doubt, but his price tag & wage demands would be obscene & his injury record isn't at all good.

It's nice to dream but I don't think he's coming back & I don't think he's at the same level of brilliance that he was when he left. All in all, there are more realistic & cheaper options.

I think people are overlooking something important, if bale was to come back on let's say a modest 200k per week, how long will it take the likes of lloris and bale to be asking for the same?

No doubt we could afford bale if we really wanted him but no chance we could up every other stars salary by 50k to keep them all happy, so it really is pointless going on about it all the time

Well...... according to early ITK on another forum.

Bentaleb is gone (row with Poch)
Berahino in (done deal)
Big bucks to spend in the summer (£100mn).
Home games at Wembley, cup games at MK.

Probably the usual nonsense.

Well...... according to early ITK on another forum.

Bentaleb is gone (row with Poch)
Berahino in (done deal)
Big bucks to spend in the summer (£100mn).
Home games at Wembley, cup games at MK.

Probably the usual nonsense.
Just the fact that spending 100MM is listed as a possibility just shows that this is total and utter bullshit.

Back
Top Bottom