Summer 2016 Transfer Window Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Touch a nerve, love? He was a good player but never top class.

You said this 'I do love the idea of a top class player coming in to help mentor Kane.'

Then mentioned Llorente

Yes, because Llorente is much more suited to mentoring Kane than Zlatan is, unless Zlatan wishes to change his fucking ego and his wage demands.

I like Zlatan, but I don't see him being happy playing second fiddle to Kane, and I feel making Kane play second fiddle to anyone would be a detriment to his career. Zlatan's wage bill would be huge as well. I do love the idea of a top class player coming in to help mentor Kane. If I'm honest, I wanted Llorente a year or two ago.
Would he be second fiddle? Why wouldn't you rotate them, and in the big games play them both?

Zlatan.

Don't give a shit how much he costs.

Don't give a shit if he disrupts team harmony. If you can't get along with a complete winner and one of the greatest players out there, fuck off precious.
He's great on a team of mercenaries. Not on a team like ours. Also, he's old, and at some point, his body is going to quit on him.

And you don't want to be the ones stuck with the bill when that happens, because he'll be unsellable.

Would he be second fiddle? Why wouldn't you rotate them, and in the big games play them both?

I don't think either of them would be happy with their game time if you split it 50/50 to be honest. And in the big games it's a large risk to take losing the midfield battle. Who knows really. It's all speculation though because we are 100% not signing Zlatan, he's not really a Poch type of player.

Zlatan.

Don't give a shit how much he costs.

Don't give a shit if he disrupts team harmony. If you can't get along with a complete winner and one of the greatest players out there, fuck off precious.

That's basically the same as saying you want Poch out and having us start over yet again!

You can't change the premise. Of course people can get along with a winner and great player (which he undoubtedly is). Doesn't make anybody soft that they can't get along with with someone who's enough of a cunt to speak in the 3rd person, amongst many other things.

What truly makes people pathetic is bending to people and kissing their ass, because they happen to be gifted, instead of standing by who you are and what your values are!

Unless of course your values already are that it's a goal to be an egomaniacal cunt.

Zlatan obviously would not fit.

I would love him here, but I do not think he fits the culture that Poch has created. He'd fall out immediately with everyone.

Lol are people seriously debating zlatan to Spurs ?
2563254-1361589542722.gif

If I knew you lot all knew Zlatan so well, I'd have asked one of you to sort me out some tickets.
He doesn't have to play second fiddle to Kane, he could play in the three behind.
He's won around 15 league titles in his career, so he's a proven winner. In fact, I can't think of anyone who has won more titles.
He maybe has a big ego, but this hasn't stopped him playing superbly for the last two decades. It also hasn't stopped his team mates celebrating with him as if he's the second coming.
Quite frankly, if he was as much of a constant cunt as the public (who generally know fuck all) seem to think, he'd have had a career like Nicholas Bendtner.
VDV was a wife slapping, no running, unfit, greedy twat, but he was our twat. Zlatan could be the same.
If having one of he worlds greatest players suddenly pitch up is a problem for our manager, he should pick a different profession. Guardiola couldn't cope with not being Billy Big Baws and I believe we'll soon find out how shite he is.

Does anyone expect the guy who said - "Zlatan does not do trials"

to say - "Zlatan loves doing double-training sessions for half his normal salary"
I'm too long in the tooth here to be affected by a disagree, mr 40 posts.

Would you care to share with the class how long ago he said the first thing, if he actually did. Secondly, you appear to be rather au fait with the training schedule he presently works to. Share with us, please.

Zlatan doesn't suit the way we play in any way, shape or form.

An excellent player no doubt but he's not suitable.

Also, we don't pay 200k+ a week to anyone. That is the least he'll demand.
Poch doesn't carry passengers, the guy cant jog let alone run.

He would spend all the game trying to get back from offside positions or labouring to get into the box to follow attacks.

Plus your last comment is pivotal, the guys ego will demand a ludicrous fee, for someone who would be second fiddle to Harry

That's basically the same as saying you want Poch out and having us start over yet again!

You can't change the premise. Of course people can get along with a winner and great player (which he undoubtedly is). Doesn't make anybody soft that they can't get along with with someone who's enough of a cunt to speak in the 3rd person, amongst many other things.

What truly makes people pathetic is bending to people and kissing their ass, because they happen to be gifted, instead of standing by who you are and what your values are!

Unless of course your values already are that it's a goal to be an egomaniacal cunt.
Don't sign him because he speaks in the third person? Fuck me.....

I'm too long in the tooth here to be affected by a disagree, mr 40 posts.

Would you care to share with the class how long ago he said the first thing, if he actually did. Secondly, you appear to be rather au fait with the training schedule he presently works to. Share with us, please.
he was asked to do a trial for the goons, he didn't show up and said "Zlatan doesn't do auditions"

the guys batshit crazy

Back
Top Bottom