Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
images
Looks like Brendan Rodgers.

Benteke is one of the biggest "desperation" buys in the history of football.

I understand that the PL is receiving sick amounts of money, but it feels that all this cash will completely destroy the transfer market. How the hell can you waste more than 200 millions in 2 seasons finishing 6th? I know that there's massive inflation going on... but still... Btw: English national football will extremely suffer from all this shit. There is no need to discuss why England is that horrible on international football.

I know that there is a decent amount of anti-Levy or Levy-haters on here. Yes, we might not spend and maybe won't spend as much as our rivals this summer. But for ME, I'd rather finish worse off with a young team with potential and players, who really appreciate this club. And please understand, that not everybody on this forum is as hungry for glory as some of you may be. I want to see a Tottenham team playing nice, attacking football. I'm confident that we will get this if we trust in Poch. I really don't want us to see spending millions on players which don't fit into this club, summer 13/14 was bad enough.

So all in all might, to all the people who demand players which will get us to the "next level"... we might start the season without signing a "boss midfielder" 90% are wishing for.

87 million euros for Firmino and Benteke... sorry, but in my eyes, this is not "normal". Not even for the Premier League.

What exactly was Paul Mitchell's involvement in developing the crop of players Southampton just sold for exorbitant sums to other clubs? Who was responsible for Southampton's transfer business this and last window?
Mitchell's job title on his LinkedIn is "Head of Recruitment and Analysis at Tottenham Hotspur Football Club". That in itself gives me a semi. Southampton and MK Dons seems like great pedigree for a recruitment policy focused on youth development. We've got that nailed down. He uses a very technical approach and it has shown to be a success. I don't feel that we have been ripped off on the selling end of our transfer business prior to Mitchell's appointment. As long as Baldini doesn't have too much involvement i'm positive about the signings we've made so far this window and i'm hopeful for some more under the radar as suggested by some on here.

BetVictor have slashed their odds to 6/4 against Behrahino signing for us. Would be a great signing. Pay the fucking money Levy. Before someone else steps in

Who is Amy est 1986 ?
She runs EDS. As best I can tell, they work to place attractive women in Sports-related jobs. This could be reading Sports updates on Broadcasts, sports promotions . . etc. Because of this, she talks to alot of agents and people in the Sports industry. But , she does not filter what she hears, and I think she tends to tweet what ever people tell her. Take her posts like any other Tweeter - its hit or miss, - and always look for a second source for the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom