Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went South American with a delicious meat stuffed plantain. Glorious stuff highly recommended.
turkey-picadillo-stuffed-plantains.jpg
images
Sorry. For some reason Lady Brady sprung to mind when I looked closely at the stuffed plantains

Last edited:
Dier played as a DM again vs. Brentford apparently...

This can mean one of two things...

A) We're papering over the cracks, experimenting with playing someone in a position that clearly needs addressing
B) Dier actually looks quite good in that role, and Poch is thinking about playing him there

I remember Ledley King playing as a defensive midfielder for us a few times (and England, if I remember correctly?) and he was brilliant. Not saying Dier is anywhere near as good as Ledley, but I do see some similarities in their game....

Last edited:
This can mean one of two things...

A) We're papering over the cracks, experimenting with playing someone in a position that clearly needs addressing
B) Dier is actually looks quite good in that role, and Poch is thinking about playing him there

I remember Ledley King playing as a defensive midfielder for us a few times (and England, if I remember correctly?) and he was brilliant. Not saying Dier is anywhere near as good as Ledley, but I do see some similarities in their game....
If you've been looking really hard at the market for DM/CM transfers and find nothing that really appeals, it makes sense to get creative rather than run out the same line-up as last year. Unless Pochettino had this switch on his radar for a while and is now deciding to give it a try while failure is consequence free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom