Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Schneiderlin and Schweinsteiger in central midfield.

:chadliblow:

Their most important players last season where De Gea, Fellaini and Carrick imo - not sure any of them will be in their team next season.

The idea of transfers is to improve your team surely? They don't seem to be signing players in the positions they need them.

Oh well, at least we can put this MS saga to bed now. It was getting boring and annoying on the Damiao level of scales. Plus, at least now we can 100% focus on other targets.

Btw, United are really starting to become scumy. I mean, before there used to be a bit of admirability to them. Now it's just splash the cash and hope it all fits. They're becoming petty.

Their most important players last season where De Gea, Fellaini and Carrick imo - not sure any of them will be in their team next season.

The idea of transfers is to improve your team surely? They don't seem to be signing players in the positions they need them.

This isn't the end of their spending though. Plus, defending was a big issue for them last season, much like us but people on here were adamant the signing of Schneiderlin would have sorted out our defence. He'll do wonders for the defensive side of their game. Schweinsteiger will too whilst di Maria, Rooney, Mata etc. all cause problems at the other end.

I wrote weeks back as one of my first posts on here, that if United signed MS, than I'd either be very happy or very worried for this exact reason. United need(ed) to improve so many other positions before DCM that either LVG would have lost the plot (that's the very happy part) or they'd spent absolutely obscene amounts if they fill the other more important spots in their squad and sign MS as well (that's the very worried part). Jury's still out with them signing MS and having only Rooney as a recognised striker!!!

Oh, and I said so to illustrate why I thought, there was still a decent chance of us getting MS, so not trying to say told you so :pochfacepalm:

Oh well, at least we can put this MS saga to bed now. It was getting boring and annoying on the Damiao level of scales. Plus, at least now we can 100% focus on other targets.

Btw, United are really starting to become scumy. I mean, before there used to be a bit of admirability to them. Now it's just splash the cash and hope it all fits. They're becoming petty.
We were never in it in the first place, he was never coming to us.

I honestly can't wait for Schneiderlin to be shown up at Man Utd. After one season in the Premier League with Southampton, who wanted him!? It wasn't until Poch brought in Wanyama when Schneiderlin really started to flourish and after Poch's first full season he was linked with bigger clubs but ultimately decided to stay and another good year from Wanyama has now seen him leave Southampton behind.

Will be interesting to see how long it will be until the Man Utd fans turn on him.

If true LVG / Utd's scattergun approach to transfers over the last 15 months has been ridiculous.

Last season they had loads of strikers, with Rooney playing centre mid and Carrick at centre back.....

This season they're buying hundreds of centre midfielders, have moved on all their strikers and still have no centre backs.
This is what you get with no plan, desperation and lots of money.

So we're potentially looking at this by the time we play them?

Valdes
Darmian - Ramos - Rojo - Blind
Schneiderlin - Schweinsteiger
Mata - di Maria- Depay
Rooney​

?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom