Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if Southampton will come in with a bid for Stambouli now Schneiderlin is gone. Wasn't he their number one choice to replace Schneiderlin last season? They could bring both him and Clasie in for that sort of money.

So we're potentially looking at this by the time we play them?

Valdes
Darmian - Ramos - Rojo - Blind
Schneiderlin - Schweinsteiger
Mata - di Maria- Depay
Rooney​

?
Tbf, that's a title challenging team, on paper at least. They are gonna give Chelsea a run for their money.

Your point being? We have Kane.....no worries :pochlol:

My point is that it would be 5 of their line up having to integrate into the team with 4 of them playing in the league for the first time. Valdes in goal. As well as having Blind at left back, who is slower then a snail in super glue. I couldn't think of an easier team to open against.

VQNKoVn.jpg

But that's none of my business.

Where's Tomo Tomo these days anyway? I know he can't repeatedly suggest we buy Depay anymore :bentaleblol:, but I'm sure he has something else to offer. Joe Clash Joe Clash seems to have vanished too.

On call to provide more unrealistic targets.

Quite liked the transfers so far this window. Great depth now to our defence which should improve a significant weak point in our team.

A DM is very pressing, not sure if we have any chance with Kramer or maybe a sneaky Schneiderlin bid if United don't close the deal. Would take McCarthy although he would not be my top choice.

Only other position we really need to cover is obviously Kane. Lacazette would be amazing but won't happen unless in a dream and as we are looking only for a deputy for Kane I wouldn't mind Austin. A lot of people favour Benteke but aside from him saying he won't come here he can be troublesome and I doubt he would be happy being second choice behind Kane.

Other than that and selling the deadwood our squad is in very good shape. Maybe a surprise Van Der Vart style bid for Pedro of Barca wouldn't go a miss but the chance of that would be bloody slim.

Not sure where Joe Clash Joe Clash is, sure he'll be back.

I wonder if Southampton will come in with a bid for Stambouli now Schneiderlin is gone. Wasn't he their number one choice to replace Schneiderlin last season? They could bring both him and Clasie in for that sort of money.
Why should we sell to them!
The Poch factor is obviously not working: Fuck them let them slide into oblivion!

Why should we sell to them!
The Poch factor is obviously not working: Fuck them let them slide into oblivion!

Because it'd be fucking hilarious if they signed Stambouli and then stole Clasie from them when they thought they got the deal sewn up.

Am I the only one, who would really like Ward-Prowse, if Soton came calling for any of our players?

Oh well, it was fun to dream while it lasted. I guess it is back to rumors about Everton players:
Who: Trix
When: 12/07/15
Where: COYS

McCarthy is affordable/gettable and ticks a lot of boxes. Don't believe Mirallas will happen even if he is being pushed our way.

[itk="12th July 2015, in, Eye Football, Our Players & MS, itk, 5, rumour"]
Source: From 'AberYid' via GG ...

"I don't especially want to reveal names but I'm fairly decent mates with a footballer in a Premier League squad. That player had some friends around his pad last night, and I was one of them. There were 7 other well known footballers there, one of whom plays for Spurs. We all talked and a lot of interesting things were said, but obviously I was interested in what the Spurs player knew.

So, here are some tidbits.

-Lloris, Kane and Vertonghen will be our captains next season.
-Nabil Bentaleb is unreal in training and is now better paid than Kane, Vertonghen, and a few other big names.
-DeAndre Yedlin is actually quite good in training, but it took him 3 months or so to get used to the pace as apparently Sounders training was tinkle poor by comparison.
-Stambouli wasn't actually part of a clique causing trouble. He hung out with them because he's French and Hugo is a bit insular.
-Jesus Perez and Poch are a hilarious double act, and D'Agostino is a bit of a tough bounder with the players.
-No-one at the club likes Kaboul, but they all respectED him hence electing him captain last season.
-Everyone knows the club want Schneiderlin. This is why Dembele wants reassurances.
-Soldado is an absolute beast in training and never misses. The club are desperate for him to succeed - and no one can figure out what's wrong.
-Jan Vertonghen is the most popular player in the squad - the Alderweireld deal was in part to improve the club and in part to keep Vertonghen happy (he's not been happy with his CB partners)

And one of the players there is a Soton player, who said that Schneiderlin doesn't want to move to United: because he wants to play 38 games in a season, not be one of 6 or 7 top class midfielders. He misses Pochettino and his training methods, and he wants to move to London. The Soton player told me that Schneiderlin will be a Spurs player."

Could just all be a bunch of toss, but if true ... interesting.
Edit: Apparently, that Southampton player that he spoke with was Steven Davis.
[/itk]

Can't believe anyone believes this tripe. Look how easy it is to make up some convoluted story based on common sense and rumours already out there:

Had my twenty-first birthday last night and my family arranged for me and a couple of friends to get into a VIP area of a Top end club in town, that I wouldn't normally get the chance to visit. There were a couple of celebs there, including some prem football players - one of which was a member of our senior squad and a couple of his England team mates were there too. We were in separate booths but someone must have let on that it was my 21st cause the barman said that our tab had been settled for us, as a gift. Just out of respect I went to say thank you, sort of took my opportunity to say hello and shake his hand. I don't want to let on who it was but he hadn't long ago celebrated his own 21st. It was all a bit sureal and I'd had a couple of drinks by then, but was able to chat with him for a bit. First think we talked about which sort of broke the ice was the new stadium: he said that Levy preferred the idea of playing our nomad season at MK but the players, and Poch are strongly opposed to that and Poch has more or less won Levy over to agreeing to pay more to stay in London, but it's all up in the air and isn't settled yet one way or the other. He said that Hughes (who was also there) was likely to sign for the club as part of our effort to bring in more young English talent. We've been scouting him for several years and Apparently it's between us and Newcastle. Hughes would prefer Spurs but he's worried about playing time. So it's not certain yet, but a fee has been agreed by both clubs so it's up to the player. Our player is mates with him so is doing what he can to swing things in our favour.

He also said that a few more of our existing youth team are likely to have break through years this season as Poch prefers to build a young team that works hard as a unit rather than buy in experienced players. He does seem to value experienced players at the club though, in training and so on, just that it doesn't work as well on the pitch. Soldado was mentioned in this conversation and he said himself that he's learnt a lot from Soldado in training and he hopes he stays, even though he won't start many games. Seems he is well liked.

He said there is going to be at least one big signing though, a big name that will strengthen us in midfield. The departures so far have been to make room for him, and to make funding available - the wage bill is as much concern as the signing on fees, and Levy made it cler to Poch he'd have to sell first. Of course it may still not happen, the player is sought after. I promised not to say who it is but he's similar in quality and experience to how VDV was when we signed him originally. It would be quite some signing apparently.
He said that JV is going nowhere and will sign a new contract and that Lloris will probably follow but is less certain. Depends on what Real do (that's all he would say on that).

Anyway, my 21st was brilliant. Best night of my life, and even got a blowie from a fit bird I hooked up with outside. Strange turn of events, it also turned out that she was Levy's secretary and when she came up for air she told me that Levy is just making up all this new stadium talk to wind up certain Spurs fans on the internet. Who would have thought?

I made all this up!

Can't believe anyone believes this tripe. Look how easy it is to make up some convoluted story based on common sense and rumours already out there:

Had my twenty-first birthday last night and my family arranged for me and a couple of friends to get into a VIP area of a Top end club in town, that I wouldn't normally get the chance to visit. There were a couple of celebs there, including some prem football players - one of which was a member of our senior squad and a couple of his England team mates were there too. We were in separate booths but someone must have let on that it was my 21st cause the barman said that our tab had been settled for us, as a gift. Just out of respect I went to say thank you, sort of took my opportunity to say hello and shake his hand. I don't want to let on who it was but he hadn't long ago celebrated his own 21st. It was all a bit sureal and I'd had a couple of drinks by then, but was able to chat with him for a bit. First think we talked about which sort of broke the ice was the new stadium: he said that Levy preferred the idea of playing our nomad season at MK but the players, and Poch are strongly opposed to that and Poch has more or less won Levy over to agreeing to pay more to stay in London, but it's all up in the air and isn't settled yet one way or the other. He said that Hughes (who was also there) was likely to sign for the club as part of our effort to bring in more young English talent. We've been scouting him for several years and Apparently it's between us and Newcastle. Hughes would prefer Spurs but he's worried about playing time. So it's not certain yet, but a fee has been agreed by both clubs so it's up to the player. Our player is mates with him so is doing what he can to swing things in our favour.

He also said that a few more of our existing youth team are likely to have break through years this season as Poch prefers to build a young team that works hard as a unit rather than buy in experienced players. He does seem to value experienced players at the club though, in training and so on, just that it doesn't work as well on the pitch. Soldado was mentioned in this conversation and he said himself that he's learnt a lot from Soldado in training and he hopes he stays, even though he won't start many games. Seems he is well liked.

He said there is going to be at least one big signing though, a big name that will strengthen us in midfield. The departures so far have been to make room for him, and to make funding available - the wage bill is as much concern as the signing on fees, and Levy made it cler to Poch he'd have to sell first. Of course it may still not happen, the player is sought after. I promised not to say who it is but he's similar in quality and experience to how VDV was when we signed him originally. It would be quite some signing apparently.
He said that JV is going nowhere and will sign a new contract and that Lloris will probably follow but is less certain. Depends on what Real do (that's all he would say on that).

Anyway, my 21st was brilliant. Best night of my life, and even got a blowie from a fit bird I hooked up with outside. Strange turn of events, it also turned out that she was Levy's secretary and when she came up for air she told me that Levy is just making up all this new stadium talk to wind up certain Spurs fans on the internet. Who would have thought?

I made all this up!

Stopped reading at "Can't"

:troll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom