Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strange how City can spend a third of their TOTAL income on players, pay a £205m wage bill (down by £50m with sneaky accounting, taking people of the wage bill of MCFC and paying them surreptitiously through another company linked to NYCFC and Melbourne al owned by the same man)
Basically 88% of their total income , more if the wage bill is higher this season, spent on players and wages.

Poch has been stitched up....It was clear months ago he wanted to get the signings done early. He fucking said exactly that, and Im not sure why his words were dismissed by many, and why people suddenly expected Levy to back him.

He was let down before the Utd game. He was let down again by having players signed late on without work permits. Targets that I dont believe for one second were his choices.

The worry is that we have seen what happens when Poch has players he doesnt feel are right. So I pray he can work with Njie and Son. He has to bite the bullet and grow in that sense.

Ade still being here after Poch going public on his future here is a shambles. He wont be used, but he will be paid.

Lamela wants to leave. How did we mess that up? Seriously, just how does that happen? While we wasted our time bidding again for Berahino...a player we were told weeks ago isnt for sale. Do you believe them now Levy?

You lot too...do you believe WBA now?

Oh dont tell me, Levy has a fuck load of people working the transfers. Yeah? Ok, then, well maybe one of them should have signed a DM because Dier and Mason start to look like 80yr olds after about the 70th minute, and we are all of 4 games (and 3pts) in.
I know, maybe we should have tried to trigger Witsels £70M release clause with £20M bids, while West Ham sneak in and sign Song under our noses. Good stuff Spurs.

A striker. Well isnt the joke on us...but then again, there are no strikers out there. Signed by other clubs about 8 wks ago, thats why. While we wait for the deadline day and then start running around to clubs like desperate crack whores begging their dealer. Nope...sorry, 5p is not enough Dan.

Some might have a good old melt tonight. Some were doing that 10 days before the season started, and got told they were cunts.

Well look at that.....are'nt we all feeling a little "entitled" tonight eh?

Where does this 'highest prices thing' come from? If I as a mere bronze member can get 13 out of 19 games for £37 or less, is that really the highest in the league?

Probably not the right time or place, but here goes (taking South lower as the most popular area to be, no?):

Category A: 6 games - £48 = £288

Category B: 6 games - £37 = £222

Category C: 7 games - £32 = £224

£288, £222, £224 = £734. Averaging at....£38.

Lets take another team who uses Categories, a rival. Liverpool. We'll take the Kop as an example for a similar area of the ground:

Category A: 6 games - £48 = £288

Category B: 10 games - £43 = £430

Category C: 3 games - £39 = £117

£288, £430, £117 = £775. Averaging at...£41

Also, as an away regular the majority of our tickets tend to be priced at £40 upwards (yes, the smaller teams see us as a big game unfortunately)

Now just because we have a couple of hundred prawn sandwich seats at a ridiculous price, can we drop this rhetoric? Every club has them. We are based in London which automatically bumps ours up more if anything, so I hate seeing this used by people in a rage.

People confuse being right with wanting to be right. Trust me, I wish I would have been wrong and we'd have signed Berahino or even Austin. I don't take any pleasure in it.

This is Spurs. Take the worst possible scenario, multiply it by ten and you have reality. We've needed a striker for 4 years now and the only time we buy one he loses all his confidence and leaves for a loss. Isn't hard to predict that we would mess up, yet again.

You think we'll sign a striker in January and fix this problem? No, we won't. Again, I don't take pleasure in it but that's the reality. No point having a tantrum at me for correctly predicting something I hoped wouldn't happen.

Have you been paying attention to this thread for the past 24 hours? All of us fucking knew what was going to happen -- you act as if we haven't been paying attention for the past 5-6 seasons. Nobody is having a tantrum at you for guessing what we all already knew -- we're annoyed because when you choose to point out the very obvious, you gloat about it.

Poch has been stitched up....It was clear months ago he wanted to get the signings done early. He fucking said exactly that, and Im not sure why his words were dismissed by many, and why people suddenly expected Levy to back him.

I've had some Tesco ciders this evening so I don't really want to get into much detail. But I understand what you say. My biggest problem is that DL said something like "As always we'll get business done late as usual"...

Don't know why I am posting, angry as fuck but it's kind of therapy to release.

So then based on this window what's our expectations this season?

I'll tell you exactly what is happening here. Levy is winging it. When the new stadium is done and the money increases we'll sign better players and/or the club will be sold to a bigger buyer. Either way Levy gets patted on the back for ultimately coming through and taking the club to the next level. So this means he can afford to coast financially for a couple of seasons.

But I call bullshit. With Levy it has always been the financials and otherwise shortsightedness. It was shortsightedness that dumped Jol. It was shortsightedness that failed to support Redknapp in his last window and then dumped him. It's shortsightedness always getting a manager of the moment based on shirt term achievements. Its shortsightedness always leaving key team position transfers to the last minute and not making sure his manager's needs are met.

Levy's plan is there for all to see. He is not prepared to speculate to accumulate on the field and he knows that the fanbase is big enough that for all those fans he pisses off there will be others waiting in the wings to hand over cash for tickets and merchandise. He knows that if the stadium pans out he can take the piss out of the long term fans in the interim, and I think that's wrong. Very wrong.

How so? We would have either Kane or Berahino to play? Where as currently we have Kane (midfielders aside)...

Unless I am misunderstanding your point?

What i'm trying to say is, even if we did sign Berahino we'd be using him in Premier League games and not as first choice Europa striker. So we'd still have to play someone out of position as a striker.

Not saying it isn't fucked up but still wouldn't solve our Europa problem.

I'm guessing we see Lamela/Chadli take on the false 9 role in Europa. Might actually do Lamela some good. Can't get any worse.

He was let down before the Utd game. He was let down again by having players signed late on without work permits. Targets that I dont believe for one second were his choices.

The worry is that we have seen what happens when Poch has players he doesnt feel are right. So I pray he can work with Njie and Son. He has to bite the bullet and grow in that sense.

Ade still being here after Poch going public on his future here is a shambles. He wont be used, but he will be paid.

Lamela wants to leave. How did we mess that up? Seriously, just how does that happen? While we wasted our time bidding again for Berahino...a player we were told weeks ago isnt for sale. Do you believe them now Levy?

You lot too...do you believe WBA now?

Oh dont tell me, Levy has a fuck load of people working the transfers. Yeah? Ok, then, well maybe one of them should have signed a DM because Dier and Mason start to look like 80yr olds after about the 70th minute, and we are all of 4 games (and 3pts) in.
I know, maybe we should have tried to trigger Witsels £70M release clause with £20M bids, while West Ham sneak in and sign Song under our noses. Good stuff Spurs.

A striker. Well isnt the joke on us...but then again, there are no strikers out there. Signed by other clubs about 8 wks ago, thats why. While we wait for the deadline day and then start running around to clubs like desperate crack whores begging their dealer. Nope...sorry, 5p is not enough Dan.

Some might have a good old melt tonight. Some were doing that 10 days before the season started, and got told they were cunts.

Well look at that.....are'nt we all feeling a little "entitled" tonight eh?

I think the club genuinely believed we would end up signing Berahino, even if we had to wait until deadline day as he was the one Poch wanted.

How very naive of us.

I'm not part of the #LevyOut / #EnicOut crew, but really disappointed that we didn't sign another striker. I feel a bit let down by the club, to be honest.

Yes, perhaps Son and N'Jie could 'do a job' there, maybe even Chadli or Lamella but we shouldn't be playing someone who can 'do a job' there.

We should have gone out and bought an actual striker who can actually play upfront, on his own, comfortably.

What i'm trying to say is, even if we did sign Berahino we'd be using him in Premier League games and not as first choice Europa striker. So we'd still have to play someone out of position as a striker.

Not saying it isn't fucked up but still wouldn't solve our Europa problem.

I'm guessing we see Lamela/Chadli take on the false 9 role in Europa. Might actually do Lamela some good. Can't get any worse.
Frankly, even with Berahino I don't think we'd have a realistic chance of winning the EL. I think you need a bit of experience in a squad to stand a chance of winning a cup like that, and we don't have it....one of my few criticism of the current situation that firmly falls at the manager's door.

I'm just hoping Harry gets in the starting line up against San Marino at the weekend and nabs a few goals to kick start his form. If we've only got one striker, I'd rather he rediscover how to find the back of the net ASAP.

Kane's ridiculous season glossed over a lot of the holes in this team. I'll go with anywhere between 5th and 8th. Palace don't scare me, but Swansea do.

I said 10th to14th with the squad as it was before Clinton signed. With the 2 new boys, I would say between 8th and 11th.
edit: if Kane gets injured or loses form early on, i`d knock it back down a few notches

Is it a little too obvious to point out that Berahino was never a serious alternative to Kane in the current tactics? He'd have been the Chadli alternative on the left in all likelihood. Even WBA prefer him in a wide berth.

Kane's ridiculous season glossed over a lot of the holes in this team. I'll go with anywhere between 5th and 8th. Palace don't scare me, but Swansea do.

I also think horribly West Ham might not fade away like last year, they also fucked off out the EL which helps them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom