Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not even particularly angry. I'm just resigned to this shit and was earlier in the window. I wasn't excited by Berahino, I'm interested to see how Son gets on. Levy has fucked over so many transfer windows now, why are we surprised? Our transfer policy was scattergun and wasted the Bale money and impotent when we finally (apparently) put in a more modern scouting system.

We got rid of capoue, Paunho and Soldado as they were shit. Mostly everyone agreed with that.
Everyone agreed, mostly, that Fazio was not working. Most people though Lamela was shit Everyone agreed that we needed a CB, a RB, AML for back up to Chadli , AMR as Lamela was not cutting it and an DM.
we all wanted the dead wood gone.
We have sold Kaboul, Capoue, Paulinho, Soldado, Holtby, Chiriches and Stambouli, the dead wood.
We brought in a RB, 2 CB's an AML and AMR/AML.
Everyone in the PL has at least 2 strikers. Well if Jay Rodriguez and Shane Long count as strikers, then HSM, and Chadli do.
Maybe we should have fucked of Alderweireld and Trippier and Wimmer and gone all out for another striker and offered West Brom £45m for Berahino.
Fuck me you cant keep everyone happy.
ENIC a cancer. Get real.
We haven't been out side the top 6 in 6 years and this is our most consistent in the league since 60 -65 ( when we won the title) .
I will go out on a limb and say this is our most consistent 6 years in the top flight EVER.
I am not going to check records.In my lifetime I cannot remember us being so consistent.
All in a time when it is considerably more difficult and we are NOT able to compete with the likes of Man City, Woolwich and Chavs, let alone Man U. We were never a decent league team when we were the biggest club in London.
So to say ENIC have dragged this club down is bollocks. Did you ever go to our old Cheshunt training ground? I did when I was young and even I was astounded how shit it was.

You can't get all your targets all the time. Unless you can pay £40-50m and pay £150k a week. We can't.
We have some spoilt fickle fans who need a fucking reality check.

THERE USED TO BE A FOOTBALL CLUB OVER THERE ................ENOUGH IS A FUCKING ENOUGH LEVY YOU CUNT .
Ricardo-Villa-left--and-O-014.jpg

Might as well save this post for when you're crying in any other thread about how nobody likes you/goes after you and you can't figure out why.

People confuse being right with wanting to be right. Trust me, I wish I would have been wrong and we'd have signed Berahino or even Austin. I don't take any pleasure in it.

This is Spurs. Take the worst possible scenario, multiply it by ten and you have reality. We've needed a striker for 4 years now and the only time we buy one he loses all his confidence and leaves for a loss. Isn't hard to predict that we would mess up, yet again.

You think we'll sign a striker in January and fix this problem? No, we won't. Again, I don't take pleasure in it but that's the reality. No point having a tantrum at me for correctly predicting something I hoped wouldn't happen.

We got rid of capoue, Paunho and Soldado as they were shit. Mostly everyone agreed with that.
Everyone agreed, mostly, that Fazio was not working. Most people though Lamela was shit Everyone agreed that we needed a CB, a RB, AML for back up to Chadli , AMR as Lamela was not cutting it and an DM.
We have sold Kaboul, Capoue, Paulinho, Soldado, Holtby, Chiriches and Stambouli, the dead wood.
Everyone in the PL has at least 2 strikers. Well if Jay Rodriguez and Shane Long count as strikers, then HSM, and Chadli do.
Maybe we should have fucked of Alderweireld and Trippier and Wimmer and gone all out for another striker and offered West Brom £45m for Berahino.
ENIC a cancer. Get real.
We haven't been out side the top 6 in 6 years and this is our most consistent in the league since 60 -65.
I will go out on a limb and say this is our most consistent 6 years in the top flight EVER.
All in a time when it is considerably more difficult and we are NOT able to compete with the likes of Man City, Woolwich and Chavs, let alone Man U. We were never a decent league team when we were the biggest club in London.
So to say ENIC have dragged this club down is bollocks. Did you ever go to our old Cheshunt training ground? I did when I was young and even I was astounded how shit it was.

You can't get all your targets all the time. Unless you can pay £40-50m and pay £150k a week. We can't.
I agree with everything. Although it is unprofessional of us to be competing with a single, recognised striker in our side. This will probably force Pochettino to have to play a slightly different way to how he'd like to. Which is a shame.

Have I missed something on here? we signed Son and N'Jie who can both score goals. I feel people are getting stuck in a groove of negativity and lets not forget kane.

It's not about goalscoring. It's about fulfilling the entire role of the number 9 role in Poch's system. Hold up play, headers, chasing the ball, making runs in behind, etc etc. Someone is going to have to play out of position for 90 minutes on a weekly basis to do those things, and that will have a ripple effect throughout the squad.

ENIC a cancer. Get real.
We haven't been out side the top 6 in 6 years and this is our most consistent in the league since 60 -65 ( when we won the title) .
I am not going to check records.In my lifetime I cannot remember us being so consistent.

I think it's an overreaction to say that ENIC are dragging the club down. Obviously we're better off now than we were 20 years ago. I think the real issue is that ENIC don't seem able (or willing?) to move us forward. They should have invested when we got into the CL and didn't.

I just pray that they're waiting for the stadium and will then look to improve, but worry that the stadium will be used as an excuse to continue to not invest until they sell the club for a huge profit.

Summary:

Got rid of a lot of deadwood
Signed some quality players
Best defense we've had in years
Entire back line is sorted for depth/competition
Wings look good with Chadli, Njie, Son, Lamela, Townsend
Striking options are even worse than last year
Timing was terrible

7/10 rating? Despite how angry everyone is, if we'd signed a single striker most would say this has been out best transfer window in years.

Well, Im glad we didn't get rid of lamela as if son or Njie have to play up front as an all out striker lamela could be useful in replacing their position on the wing...think thats clearly why poch had to call off the deal with lamela as he knew the Berahino deal had failed -

Whether this window is judged as a success or failure in time depends on how well we adapt our tactics to get the best out of N'Jie and Son because their natural game is utterly at odds with our style so far under Poch. Encouragingly I thought we played a little deeper against Everton and opened up space fairly effectively, so if that continues then maybe we'll view this window differently in a couple of months time.

If we don't adapt to accommodate pacey wide forwards then we've wasted our money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom