Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously, what the fuck do you think is the only stat we generally dominate in games? It's possession, you need to retain the ball for that. Control, strength and quality help, he has more of that than most of our players. He is deployed all over the place in truth but poor old Mason for being made CDM or poor Dier who has to learn a new position, poor Lamela who has only had 2years to find his feet and show more than glimpses of potential, yet fuck Dembele because he's not 23 and a headless chicken?

Sorry but he's being singled out because he's frustrating that he could be so much better but, the fact is he is already a better quality of player overall than we have generally.

I think we still need to look a bit at Poch's system and the horrid mis-balance of the squad, his stubbornness was obvious, now he's tinkering out of some desperation. One way or another it's trying to put square pegs into round holes, rectangles at best or, it's a system that is flawed and still not understood by the majority of personnel.....it has to be at least one of those if not a bit of all of them because who can honestly say they see a consistent, pressing, high intensity, attacking style of play that we can all identify with? It's not there, there is possession, patient build up, sometimes a struggle for ideas and a lack of killer instinct.

All being well, even though the slip ups of the past two weeks have been frustrating, hopefully our defending is getting better and will stay that way. We need N'Jie and Son to be quality, give us real impetus in the final third and, we must get quality cover for Kane before 6pm Tuesday. I really want a CDM that is also a decent deep lying playmaker which could step us up but really can't see it happening or who.
Really Dembele has played in every position bar striker since 2012 and still hasn't lived up to his potential. He also was injury prone and could not last 90 mins. Just what is his best position then?
So, keep singling out certain players on that one. Lamela was shit but managed 1 less league goal and more assists in one season.
Having said that this is the first injury Dembele has suffered under MP, so he has to be doing something right. Dumbell looks fitter, leaner and hungrier than in previous seasons and is improving imo. Less sideways passing and more directness about him.
Let's hope Poch can get the best out of him because for an attacking midfielder he hasn't produced the goods yet.

-------- Lloris ----------
-----Alderwiereld----Vertonghen -----
-----------------------Dier--------------------
----------------Alli----------Bentaleb---------
---------Trippier----Son-----------N'jie--------Rose
-------------------------------Kane-----------------

FUCK YOU GONNA DO ABOUT IT?

rembrandt.jpg

Join us Witsel.

Really Dembele has played in every position bar striker since 2012 and still hasn't lived up to his potential. He also was injury prone and could not last 90 mins. Just what is his best position then?
So, keep singling out certain players on that one. Lamela was shit but managed 1 less league goal and more assists in one season.
Having said that this is the first injury Dembele has suffered under MP, so he has to be doing something right. Dumbell looks fitter, leaner and hungrier than in previous seasons and is improving imo. Less sideways passing and more directness about him.
Let's hope Poch can get the best out of him because for an attacking midfielder he hasn't produced the goods yet.

How many of our players have produced the goods? What's the difference between Dembele having to deal with 3 different managers in 3 years but under Poch's system everybody else still needs time? He hasn't played in it any longer than anybody else.

His injury may make all this irrelevant, certainly unlikely to be sold if crocked for even just a couple of weeks.

To me he is Poch's big benchmark opportunity for showing his true coaching and managing capabilities, a quality, mature player who he can improve by coaching and deploying him to get the best for us, that will be a real achievement.

Yeah, WBA really need to offload someone. Being able to spend a bit more due to the TV money stuff ... is one thing, but I think they have like 5 (or 6) strikers ... FIVE, atm!

And with that, I wouldn't at all be surprised if United jump up on this wagon, especially because of how they've been recently and that JH is leaving. Plus, I don't think no one else needs a ST. So I'm really hoping that United go for Austin or Pato instead (if the rumors are true). I'd be happy with Austin, but I get the feeling that Poch doesn't want him. And we better not panic buy, especially if Poch doesn't rate him, as we know how that ends up.

I wouldn't be 100% sure on Berahino leaving because I could see WBA rather selling someone like Anichebe. But yeah, the chances of him leaving are high.
United and Citeh always put me on edge, can offer twice as much in wages than us, believe they are the reason WBA haven't agreed a fee with us for yet, hoping mancs will outbid us.
I don't really want Austin, and the lack of interest in him is odd, once again though probably waiting for a bidding war. Exciting two days ahead for us though.

Italy's Calciomercato say that AC Milan have been given a transfer ultimatum by Zenit St Peterburg over Axel Witsel. That ultimatum is: Close a deal tomorrow morning or see your target sign for Tottenham Hotspur instead.

Calciomercato claim that Tottenham Hotspur have submitted a bid to Zenit of €26m for the midfielder. AC Milan wanted to pay less than that so Zenit are pushing the situation.

Don't think United will lose any sleep over 20m tbh. I don't know if Berahino will leave, I think Son was perhaps an alternative(who I'm extremely happy with). Also think Levy deserves some credit. He jumped right at the opportunity to sign Son. No fuss, no haggling about the price, very smooth transfer.
yeh, it highlights the difference between us & them when they can write off 20m. i am just thinking of it from my perspective. even if i was a billionaire, id be too tight to write off 20m.

yeh levy did get the son deal done very quickly.
i think that was joe's point about making fairer offers from the start.

i am starting to doubt we would pay 25m for berahino, only to then mainly play him out of his best position.

The Wistel rumours just don't add up for me, Zenit paid about 40 million for him a couple of years ago. If he is such a good player, why would they be selling him for half the price they paid. If his value really has halved since his benfica days I think that should be some kind of warning sign?? Ahh what do I know

The Wistel rumours just don't add up for me, Zenit paid about 40 million for him a couple of years ago. If he is such a good player, why would they be selling him for half the price they paid. If his value really has halved since his benfica days I think that should be some kind of warning sign?? Ahh what do I know
because of the number of foreign players and the player wanting to leave, no one but russians like to live in there. they need to sell some of them. And Zenit is shite in european cups, Russian league is dog shite, normally te players will be worth less.
they bough Hulk for 60M, he is a beast there, but i'm sure no one would pay an amount even close to that.

Zenit would make a 25% profit on Witsel in rubles.

Trouble is that the ruble is worth half what it was worth in 2012 (Value tied to the price of oil, Sanctions etc)

There's 2 ways to look at it. They could sell him now, make £20m but then struggle to bring in a replacement.

If they keep him, plays every week at the level of last season and they win the league or at least qualify for the Champions League then he's earned them easy £20m he would of got them in a deal.

true. although even with that average keeper in goal, i still think they would fairly comfortable get top 4.

also LVG wont play de gea even though he says he is ready to play.
LVG seems like a tough manager who wouldnt play a player who isnt fully commited.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom