Summer 2014 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not too upset or anything but it is a little frustrating that we've made £180m in TV money over the last two years and we have a net spend of -10m.

I would be less bothered by this fact if I thought this club and ownership group were capable of sticking to a long term footballing plan. If it really is that we're going to let Pochettino build a team, philosophy, and transfer policy over 4-5 transfer windows then I would feel much better about the summer we just had. But when you look at other teams spending money while we supposedly build deliberately, it's hard to see us not in the 6th or 7th spot this season. There's nothing wrong with that, if the football is better and the philosophy is building.

But 6th or 7th won't please many of the malcontents in the fanbase. Then the hashtags will come out and you know Levy's trigger finger will start itching and we're back where we've always been.

So yeah, if this is part of a deliberate plan that Pochettino is contributing to then I'm fine with this summer. But I think we're all dubious about any types of plans or long term policy. Because of that I'm nervous. I like Pochettino a lot, he seems to have a sharp football mind and I think he could really do something here. But when we look back at our fired coaches it always seems like we're talking about how Levy didn't back him. Moutinho, Nelsen and Saha etc. I hope we aren't replicating the cycle again.

Bottom line, if we continue with our paltry net spends then we need to embrace an intelligent philosophy and commit to stability. That is the only way we can compete at the level that the club seems to deem appropriate.

Any way to get an extension to set up a transfer for Arcy?
think you'll find I suggested that at about page 300. I tried my hardest but there were no takers.

Had one interested party when I mentioned that I could throw some nude pics of Jennifer Lawrence in the mix. But their value went down massively today, so that killed that one.

Soz.

Mate he's thick as pig shit. Look at him, he clearly works in halfords.

He might be useful if you want to know the difference between as tom tom and a garmin but that's as far as goes.

Your calling ArcspacE ArcspacE mate yet calling him out for being a cunt constantly in here? And digging him out in another thread for being into Lego. Who needs enemies with friends like you?!
Your nothing. Your an internet persona that some sad kid has started to get away from his sad life.
Until someone shares a beer and vouches for you, your words mean nothing to me.

I don't understand the panic. We have strengthened in key areas (Backup GK, CB and LB), something we desperately needed. On paper we've realistically got the 5/6th best squad in the Prem, the majority of which has barely had a full season in this league. We have some very promising young talent in Lamela, Eriksen, Bentaleb, Dier and Davies. We have a young manager with a promising outlook and ideology on how this club can progress. Maybe we can start panicking when something actually goes wrong..

Rub that turd until it shines

Ive never see Fazio or Stambouli....could be better than Jan and Sandro for all I know.

Lamela is looking good, Eriksen is class, I rate Ade, Dembele, Capoue, Bentaleb and Kane. Chadli looking good, we have a world class keeper and good manager.

Dier looks like a good signing, we kept Vlad who I rate. Townsend and Lennon more than decent for rotation, Rose playing better plus Davies as back up.

Hopefully can get Paulinho playing well in a suited role too.

Im looking forward to seeing what we can do.

You think we are shit, then thats your problem.

Squad of 25 - first team Squad.

25 senior players (19 non-HG/6 HG)
HG=homegrown Currently 6.
Can only register 23. That's two gone...Ekotto and Khumalo I guess

U21: 5 in senior Squad

Keepers: 3 (3 non-HG/0 HG)

Lloris, Friedel, Vorm
HG: 0
U21s: 0

Defense: 9 (6 non-HG/3 HG)

Assou-Ekotto, Chiriches, Kaboul, Khumalo, Vertonghen, Fazio
HG: Naughton, Rose, Walker
U21: Davies, Dier, Veljković

Midfield: 11 (8 non-HG/3 HG)

Capoue, Ceballos, Chadli, Dembélé, Eriksen, Lamela, Paulinho, Stambouli
HG: Lennon, Mason, Townsend
U21: Bentaleb

Attack 2 (2 non-HG/0 HG)

Adebayor, Soldado
HG: 0
U21: Kane

It's all good though, this time next year we can use the lloris and Vertonghen money to buy that star striker we've needed for so many years.
Really hope Poch can work abit of magic on this squad, realisticly we could finish as high as 6th and as low as 8th
We realistically could finish 4th if Woolwich, Everton and United continue with the mistakes they're making so far. Not saying we will but it's possible if Pochettino gets us playing well quickly

Woolwich have consistently made top 4 playing poorly v top 5/6 teams but beating smaller teams.

It also means that Ceballos is still here. Falque, Carroll, Fredericks, Obika and Fryers were all sold from the senior over 21 Group, but Ceballos looks like he's still there

So your saying that you dont mind have a Lazy striker that runs after the ball for 10 mins then walks around smilling like a fucking cunt and talking to all the fucking other teams players and is at the age of 29 and is a Ex Scum striker?....................
Have you ever actually paid attention to Adebayor for more than 10 minutes? He has a bit of a gangly run that makes him look like he's labouring, but he works harder than most.

Ive never see Fazio or Stambouli....could be better than Jan and Sandro for all I know.

Lamela is looking good, Eriksen is class, I rate Ade, Dembele, Capoue, Bentaleb and Kane. Chadli looking good, we have a world class keeper and good manager.

Dier looks like a good signing, we kept Vlad who I rate. Townsend and Lennon more than decent for rotation, Rose playing better plus Davies as back up.

Hopefully can get Paulinho playing well in a suited role too.

Im looking forward to seeing what we can do.

You think we are shit, then thats your problem.
Agree with other than the Townsend bit, cup games against crap teams (so LC only for him), Ceballos > Townsend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom