Summer 2014 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are never going to go and splash out the kind of money that the teams around us have.
Who says we should? No one is calling for Messi - just a solid 15-20m improvement in the face or a quality attacking unit. Hell, even Everton signed a big player earlier. If you think we can afford that - well with all due respect - that is deluded to say the least

Gk's - Lloris, vorm, friedel
Defenders - walker, Naughton, rose, Davies, Kaboul, Verts, dier, fazio, Chiriches
Midfield - Lennon, Townsend, Lamela, Chadli, eriksen, Capoue, bentaleb, Dembele, Paulinho, stambouli
Forwards - Adebayor, soldado, Kan

Enjoy mid table folks.....that's where we're headed.
Really? No way that's a mid table team, once our team starts to gel, we'll be challenging for top 4.

Fuck off and watch them then

So your saying that you dont mind have a Lazy striker that runs after the ball for 10 mins then walks around smilling like a fucking cunt and talking to all the fucking other teams players and is at the age of 29 and is a Ex Scum striker?....................

We're smaller financially than Utd obviously but most certainly not broke to the point if having a negative net spend for 5 season and not being able to afford one quality signing.

Mate he's thick as pig shit. Look at him, he clearly works in halfords.

He might be useful if you want to know the difference between a tom tom and a garmin but that's as far as it goes.

Last edited:
Liverpool have balotelli , City have aguero and dzeko , Cunts have sanchez , Utd have Falcao , We have Adebayor ......... Embarrassing to say at least

Last year you would have said "and now we have Soldado" who knows what'll happen this year.

Falcao might not adapt, Balotelli might cause too much trouble and Soldado might start banging them in.

BwduVt4IEAEgmBT.jpg

2247945065.jpg

Nabil%20Bentaleb%20of%20Tottenham%20Hotspur%20reacts.jpg

club-soccer-uefa-europa-league-federico-fazio-sevilla_3196434.jpg

Now the window is closed, we need some new smilies.

Feel like I've been levied right in my fucking ear :walker-scream:Tonight.

Selling sandro over capoue and paulinho. Unless there is a medical reason behind this, I'm lost for words.

It's all good though, this time next year we can use the lloris and Vertonghen money to buy that star striker we've needed for so many years.
Really hope Poch can work abit of magic on this squad, realisticly we could finish as high as 6th and as low as 8th

Give yourself a pat on the back you got there in the end.
Now when I made the comparison saying united earned our total revenue in a year from their kit designer did you then compare it to AIA?

Complete different things.

Also, just to clarify. United get £75m a year from their shirt designers. Unreal. I'd be surprised if we got more than 10m from UA.

My point is we should not be competing with united, and the fact we are is an amazing tribute to levy and ENIC.
We don't have to compete with them for the same players - that is my point. Plenty of quality that would improve the likes of Townsend and Kane at fraction of the price of Di Maria - are you denying that?

Who says we should? No one is calling for Messi - just a solid 15-20m improvement in the face or a quality attacking unit. Hell, even Everton signed a big player earlier. If you think we can afford that - well with all due respect - that is deluded to say the least

I'm actually a little bit frustrated that we haven't spent some cash on attacking reinforcements. Shame that really we'll never know why. The 'right' player may not have been available at a sensible price or the manager might be happy with the current options. Not much we can do about it really is there? Just hope that MP can work well with what we do have, as there are clearly some talented players there.

If we embarrass you, watch someone else

Ok maybe i should not have said "Embarress" but its fucking annoying have a 29 aged striker and Roberto who cant find the back of the net still its so annoying that nothing is done about it eg: Get rid of Adebayor and find sombody else who fits the team and would atleast show some urgency during matches

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom