Summer 2014 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blc2cFdCMAE6_1n.jpg
look at the player FOR REAL - not the stats.

Various papers reporting: Matija Nastasic has been told he can leave man city for £12m! His market value is £18m 21 years old.. I bet Levy is creaming his pants at the thought of such a bargain. :levywhoa:

He is being linked with Juve and Roma though and I think we are done in the CB department.

Just a thought on Holtby ...
He seems a really nice guy and all, but if our 3 different managers didn't particularly rate him (4 if you include Felix at Fulham) then maybe the guy isn't as good as we think/want him to be?
I really thought Holtby would be a key player under Poch and his system but it seems like he is on his way out.

Shame. :pochsulk:

Daley Blind to ManUtd.

Now, there is one kid, I am sad not to see going to Spurs.

Multipositional, progressive player with intelligence and loads of development to be done yet. Never relied on pace or strenght and still did well even as CB and wingback, despite being a deep central midfielder, reschooled for defence.

Just a thought on Holtby ...
He seems a really nice guy and all, but if our 3 different managers didn't particularly rate him (4 if you include Felix at Fulham) then maybe the guy isn't as good as we think/want him to be?
I really thought Holtby would be a key player under Poch and his system but it seems like he is on his way out.

Shame. :pochsulk:

I've never seen enough from Holtby to understand why so many seem to think he's so great (as a player). Very industrious and looks busy but his tackling never looks great, his passing can be good but it's rare, he hasn't made a claim for any specific role or position and just don't see anything but hopeful-potential that he'll come good.
He's likeable and may improve but, comes to something when I would even state Bentaleb is already better and improving and, Paulinho has been generally tragic but still offers more! I think he'll go, maybe Fryers (although would rather Naughton) and possibly Sandro.

We do need depth to play Poch's way. High intensity, high pressing, hard working, needs at least 2 DMs to cover and 3-4 CM/AMs. We have Europa League and other cups to cover and Europa is going to be treated as a bigger priority this season post-group stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom