Summer 2014 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Capoue on the right with this stambouli guy on the left where bentaleb plays would be interesting. Obviously 2 need to go, not benty or capoue unless it was on loan (benty). In saying that i think sandro and holtby should leave with pauli staying but playing higher up in cup games etc.

By my reckoning this year (inc JD in Jan) we are running at a transfer budget of net +£10m (this is upto and including us signing Fazio. I wanted us to sign MS, but only because it would have shown support for Poch, *if* that's who he really wanted. At £27m there was no way Levy would deal, and I wouldn't have wanted him to.

Look at what we already have; Capoue, Sandro, Dembele, Bentaleb, Holtby, Paulinho, Eriksen. Could he have improved us? Probably. But how much better would he have made us? I think Bentaleb can possibly turn into a very good midfielder over the next few years (he's 5 years younger than MS).

I know he's got haters on here but I'm a still a huge Paulinho fan. He brings something our other midfielders don't, yeah he's had his problems, but he brings goals and he's got something! Write him off at the end of this season if you're still not convinced, but I see something in him.

Onto Levy and MS at £27m it's never going to happen. At £20m it's not going to happen (unless they give us £16m for AT). It all boils down to cold hard cash and ROI. Just take a look at our signings and his transfer policy is clear. Buy young players with potential to increase value. If you offered Levy 5th place in the League with a profit of £20m or champions with a profit of £12m you know which one he would choose.

He is emotionally detached from the club, which financially is a good thing. That said even if we sign Stambouli I still think he's got another Levy special up his sleeve.

COYS

Benjamin Stambouli? What the! Who the heck is this guy? How can the oracles of ITK not seen this coming?

This quote taken from the French football weekly article linked by SinghYid SinghYid has me feeling both excited at his flexibility and assured that he is ready to handle any spursyness that is sure to come his way once he dons the lilywhite.

"A lack of money and of squad depth coupled with the occasional feeling that anything that can go wrong does go wrong, means MHSC need players willing to give their all wherever they are put. Defensively solid, with a fine eye for an interception, he can also push play forward, combining with more attacking players in midfield with short passing and lay-offs to try to build up a break"

Tough tackling tenacious ball winner with a good engine, tidy passing and decent trickery to get away from players.
Cheers!:adethumbup: I went to the THFC official site and clicked on Media watch and found "In the mould of Schniederlin. Meet Tottenham Target Benjamin Stambouli" I,m a techno dinosaur
otherwise I would have tagged it. Pleasing read. And everything you say he is. I don't mind
admitting I got slightly aroused!

I think there won't be anymore incomings when/if Stambouli is completely confirmed. Welbeck is one that could be a deadline day deal, but I easily see (and kinda expect) ArseAnal to hijack that deal. Other than that, regarding outgoings, I only see 3 happening: Holtby, Sandro, and Fryers all gone.

I reckon our final squad will look like...

GK: Lloris, Vorm, Brad
FB: Walker, Naughton, Rose, Davies
CB: Verts, Fazio, Kaboom, Vlad, Dier, Velji
CM: Capoue, Bentaleb, Stambouli, Dembele, Mason
AM3 (since all are free): Lamela, Eriksen, Chadli, Lennon, Paulo, Townsend
ST: Ade, Soldado, Kane

... And it's actually not bad at all, especially since we have a brilliant coach in Poch. Overall, if that's what happens, I'd actually be pretty happy. Imo, we would definitely be stronger than last year. And if we get a wide-forward like Welbeck, then I think it would be the icing on the cake. Or we could just wait til January and get our WF then, in someone like Jay Rod - for whom I think we would have a pretty decent chance to sign, since the Saints didn't lose MS to us.

This squad fits the 25 players max rule, since a few are under 21 yrs old. We also would have at least 8 home-growns. And we won't surpass the max amount of 17 non-HGs.

In addition, 5 players for the 2 CM positions, and 6 players for the 3 AM positions ... is actually just fine.
(Oh and yes, I think Poch is gonna make Paulo compete for the AM position, rather than for the CM.)

I'm excited ... :coys:

Last edited:
Dembele has been a DM. that's why he hasn't scored etc.

If we play him in the final third for a season, we can judge his creativity.

I don't think it's either or with Paulinho. I think we need both.

Mostly he hasn't been played as a DM. He's been played as a CM which is different. You seem to be suggesting we play him as a more forward midfielder but I don't see that happening because we already have great players in those positions. Anyway Paulinho has been played in the same positions as Dembele but he's scored more goals.

The problem for me is that when Dembele gets in that final third he usually makes the wrong decisions, so although practice there might result in improvement in that regard, i have my doubts.

lol at the IDK's :paulinholol:

haven't called anything at all. Bet they were licking their lips at Strombouli but it was confirmed in hours, sorry losers, go back to MS and Mustachio and Depay :walker-scream:

lol at the IDK's :paulinholol:

haven't called anything at all. Bet they were licking their lips at Strombouli but it was confirmed in hours, sorry losers, go back to MS and Mustachio and Depay :walker-scream:
Bunch of worthless cunts - I pity the spineless maggots at SC who worship and protect these vermin

Compared to Welbads 10 as a centre forward goalscoring machine?

Even Soldado scored more in 13/2014 season ?

He will frustrate the hell out of us all. Look at the player, his ability - lose the states.

Quoted for future reference, fingers crossed he signs and puts 40+ goals by end of season.
:pochserious:

Compared to Welbads 10 as a centre forward goalscoring machine?

Even Soldado scored more in 13/2014 season ?

He will frustrate the hell out of us all. Look at the player, his ability - lose the states.

Blc2cFdCMAE6_1n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom