Summer 2014 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the mass confusion has anything happened since this Eric signed? Seriously as I cannot tell, is there anything with Michael Dawson or Steve Bruce saying we are delighted to announce? or will it all happen last minute?

Tottenham-Hotspur-unveil--011.jpg

Just out of pure curiosity, do you guys rate James Milner? Would he be a viable option if played in a central midfield role? I think that he would fit Poch's system well. He's a fine passer of the ball, and never stops running.

Just out of pure curiosity, do you guys rate James Milner? Would he be a viable option if played in a central midfield role? I think that he would fit Poch's system well. He's a fine passer of the ball, and never stops running.
I think CIteh need to keep him to have some English players

Always thought he was a really classy player that could find a home in most squads. Gets forgotten on that City team, imo, because he doesn't standout in any specific way (i.e. not the fastest, not the best shot, not the best touch, etc., etc.). I'd have him in a heartbeat. Not only would he give you a homegrown (as Raiders mentions), but he really appears to be a true professional and could at a bare minimum challenge any of our guys for a spot.
Good shout.

City, having sold Rodwell, Lescott, Barry and maybe Richards don't have enough English players left, so I doubt they will sell him

As has already been mentioned, City are at a point at which they simply can't sell him. I like him though, as he's a fantastic professional and hard worker, and can play a variety of positions. I'd love to have him at Spurs.

Watching this City/Pool game you realize how important defense is. If we feel that we are OK at CB and CDM, we should probably buy another player.

This is the transfer thread - his posts are spot on
That was my point ... i was being sarcastic. He is absolutely always bringing proper transfer tidbits to the forum when we consistently veer off on random tangents or feuds.
To point, i first 'Liked/Thanked' his post and then immediately after his transfer post made that comment.
Better yet, to further drive that point home, i then edited my most recent post with the bit you quoted which states exactly this same point ... yet you Disagreed with my post again.
Happy to put this to bed and move on from here, but i think we are all in agreement regarding SinghYid's contributions to this forum. I on the other hand obviously missed the alert notifying all posters that sarcasm will result in neg rep. Shame on me ...

:pochfacepalm:

That was my point ... i was being sarcastic. He is absolutely always bringing proper transfer tidbits to the forum when we consistently veer off on random tangents or feuds.
To point, i first 'Liked/Thanked' his post and then immediately after his transfer post made that comment.
Better yet, to further drive that point home, i then edited my most recent post with the bit you quoted which states exactly this same point ... yet you Disagreed with my post again.
Happy to put this to bed and move on from here, but i think we are all in agreement regarding SinghYid's contributions to this forum. I on the other hand obviously missed the alert notifying all posters that sarcasm will result in neg rep. Shame on me ...

If you want justice, you've come to the wrong place.

:freund::paulinhofacepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom