Summer 2014 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lovren was being utterly humiliated today. Weak clearance led to a goal, he practically assisted city. He was turned twice for the other goals.

Just like MS was humiliated by Liverpool where his powder puff tackle led to Liverpools opener vs saints.

Let's hope their shit form continues.
Lovren killed them today. That ball from Silva to Aguero showed how slow he is.

Early days yet!

Early days yes but we´ve won both games and scored 5 goals, with the two other strikers still offering more.

I thought Soldado played well when he came on at QPR and was chasing down players (weird because someone told me last year that only shit strikers chase the ball in trying to defend him)

Watching the game go by has been his second biggest problem. If he can iron that out, and start shooting it will be a start.

I still dont understand on what premise "Soldado will thrive under Poch", other than hope.

Early days yes but we´ve won both games and scored 5 goals, with the two other strikers still offering more.

I thought Soldado played well when he came on at QPR and was chasing down players (weird because someone told me last year that only shit strikers chase the ball in trying to defend him)

Watching the game go by has been his second biggest problem. If he can iron that out, and start shooting it will be a start.

I still dont understand on what premise "Soldado will thrive under Poch", other than hope.
Poch is known to get the best out of his players, those he wants in his squad, if he keeps Soldado then he must see something in him. If anyone can bring it out it must be Poch, AVB failed miserably and Sherwood has to get his badges first.

some people actually live day-to-day with hope Sammy, not all of us are as negative as you.

You seem to think being negative revolves around me thinking that:

AVB was shit - even though Ive been positive about Harry, Sherwood and Poch (was you?)
Holtby should be on the bench - Which means Im being positive about Bentaleb and Dembele
Soldado has been poor - Even though Im being positive about Kane and Ade (and Defoe before that)

Just because I prefer other players to ones you may like, doesnt make me negative. There is a flip side to my critique, and my views are not isolated.

Poch has benched Soldado and Holtby. Theres your negativity.

Poch is known to get the best out of his players, those he wants in his squad, if he keeps Soldado then he must see something in him. If anyone can bring it out it must be Poch, AVB failed miserably and Sherwood has to get his badges first.

If he keeps Soldado it could be because Levy wil not sell him for 10M a year after paying 26M.

He might get the best, but its funny how people always spin that line about their favourites, while celebrating other players being sold because they are "shit"...

You seem to think being negative revolves around me thinking that:

AVB was shit - even though Ive been positive about Harry, Sherwood and Poch (was you?)
Holtby should be on the bench - Which means Im being positive about Bentaleb and Dembele
Soldado has been poor - Even though Im being positive about Kane and Ade (and Defoe before that)

Just because I prefer other players to ones you may like, doesnt make me negative. There is a flip side to my critique, and my views are not isolated.

Poch has benched Soldado and Holtby. Theres your negativity.

props for explaining your views eloquently and informatively.

edit: and no this isn't me being sarcastic..

Last edited:
Are you guys serious? Firstly the article doesn't say anything about us going for Khedira. The 'defender' mentioned is Fazio, the title is just misleading. Secondly Khedira was one of Germany's best players at the WC and if he leaves the European champions it will most likely be to join Bayern, not us.
And Khedira isn't even a defender so I don't get how people thought the story was about him (as a defender) signing for us :ade:

Are we going to sign this bloody Fazio today or what? Or is levy going to fuck around with the release clause trying to get a slightly cheaper deal. I swear every other club identify a target and get them in quickly apart from us. We do this every year and every year a target drags and drags and usually drifts away. get it done levy FFs!!!

This is indirectly related to us in a number of good ways IF true
Woolwich move for Manolas collapses - Goal.com

The article is that Woolwich's move for Olympiakos CB Manolas has collapsed with the player opting to move to Roma. Not only is this good because it leaves Woolwich light in the CB position with only three players (including Chambers who play in that position) but also because this deal involves a CB going to Roma. Perhaps a positive indication that Chiriches will remain at WHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom