Summer 2014 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
[itk="12th August 2014, in, Football, Schneiderlin, iluvsteffenfreund, 6, rumour"]
SOURCE: iluvsteffenfreund (the fella on SC who's acquainted w/ some Saints player)
Ok small update: MS absolutely livid, did not train with first team yesterday and will not play against Liverpool on sat. Balls on the line !!!!

Desperate to join us apparently and will do whatever it takes, although on Sunday my source said it looks like they are gonna make him rot in reserves ! Again may just be his opinion. Surely they wouldn't do this....
[/itk]

Last edited:
[itk="12th August 2014, out, Football, Schneiderlin, iluvsteffenfreund, 6, rumour"]
SOURCE: iluvsteffenfreund (the fella on SC who's acquainted w/ some Saints player)

Ok small update: MS absolutely livid, did not train with first team yesterday and will not play against Liverpool on sat. Balls on the line !!!!

Desperate to join us apparently and will do whatever it takes, although on Sunday my source said it looks like they are gonna make him rot in reserves ! Again may just be his opinion. Surely they wouldn't do this....
[/itk]

I hope they do.

Player power is out of control. The guy is acting like a spoilt twat.

Not to mention the fact that we should not be spunking 27M on a CM.

The 27m fee for Schneiderlin is absurd to keep talking about. As far as I can remember it was only mentioned once by a less than reliable source (one of the papers can't remember which) and people have really run with it. Everyone who has followed the club obviously knows that Levy won't pay that or anywhere close, so I don't see why it keeps being brought up. If we were to buy Schneiderlin I can't see the fee being higher than 20m.

The 27m fee for Schneiderlin is absurd to keep talking about. As far as I can remember it was only mentioned once by a less than reliable source (one of the papers can't remember which) and people have really run with it. Everyone who has followed the club obviously knows that Levy won't pay that or anywhere close, so I don't see why it keeps being brought up. If we were to buy Schneiderlin I can't see the fee being higher than 20m.

Anywhere near 20M for a CM when we have Sandro, Capoue, Dembele, Bentaleb, Paulinho, Holtby, Eriksen, Caroll, Lamela and even Chadli who can play there, is whats absurd here.

Most of those players are still waiting to be utilised by a competent manager here, in a system that suits them.

I said it before, but if Poch can only make it work with Schniederlin, and all that talent we have has to fall by the wayside so we can spunk in the region of 20M for another CM, well quite frankly thats very worrying.

A decent manager should be able to work wonders with our midfield. If he cant make it work without MS, he cant be a very good manager, end of.

Last edited:
I don't know why they would cash in after only one year, but at half the price of Mussachio it would be a great fit.

Woolwich, Liverpool and Spurs poised to renew interest in Atletico's Toby Alderweireld | Football | Sport | Daily Express

Anywhere near 20M for a CM when we have Sandro, Capoue, Dembele, Bentaleb, Paulinho, Holtby, Eriksen, Caroll, Lamela and even Chadli who can play there, is whats absurd here.

Most of those players are still waiting to be utilised by a competent manager here, in a system that suits them.

I said it before, but if Poch can only make it work with Schniederlin, and all that talent we have has to fall by the wayside so we can spunk in the region of 20M for another CM, well quite frankly thats very worrying.

A decent manager should be able to work wonders with our midfield. If he cant make it work without MS, he cant be a very good manager, end of.

What's worrying is tying for worst in the league in through-balls and providing an embarrassingly low number of forward passes per game (top average is 28 for Bentaleb, all others 24 and below).

I don't think it's a matter of Poch absolutely "requiring" this specific player to succeed, but rather addressing a problem and choosing a player he knows well to do this.

I don't think it's a matter of Poch absolutely "requiring" this specific player to succeed, but rather addressing a problem and choosing a player he knows well to do this.

As opposed to coaching the 10 very good to excellent CMs we already have here..?

Says a lot IMO

Right now, that money would be better spent on a striker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom