Summer 2014 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I,m reading Vlad was a requested add on by Roma in a 5 player deal involving Soldado, Sandro, Vlad, Benatia and Destro. Have no idea of the nuts and bolts of this potential exchange but Baldini is in Rome sorting it?

Salt anyone?
I'd get rid of sandro and vlad for benatia in a heart beat.
Benatia is a top CB, next to Vertonghen that would be a great pair.
But then that leaves soldado for destro which is a huge nope.

I want players that play for the club, Sandro, Vlad even Soldado are wanted players I reckon they are needed!
Agree, Even before the strong, latest news regarding J Rod and Schidierlin, I,d have been happy with Davies, Vorm and another quality CB and hoped Poch galvanized the talent we already have. All this late, late influx and rumoured out's is making me anxious.

I don't want particularly want Vlad to leave, but Daws was better than him last season and plenty of Spurs fans want him out. Between the two I'd rather see Vlad go. The key thing is we need another CB in, then by all means let Poch/Levy sell one they don't want/right price/whatever.

It's incredibly rare for high profile player swaps to happen, so for a 5 player swap to happen it would probably mean a tear in the fabric of spacetime.

Ibrahimovic for Eto'o was one, Matic + cash for Luiz was another... err... any more notable ones?

ayG5Fpn.jpg

Do we actually need to do anything other than buy a CB (and sell some midfielders) now? Considering the cash hit we'd likely take, it must be worth giving Soldado another season. Ade\Soldado\Kane, competing for a single roll with the ability to play Rodriguez if we had to sounds pretty sensible. It's certainly better than playing Garry Docherty up front.

I see we are back to shopping at aldi and have stopped going to Harrods
- still as we know from HR, man management and motivational skills can make up for deficits in overall team strength.

Lets hope MP is of the same stock.

Midfield is pretty strong as long as they are working together. CB is essential, injury prone players made it hard work last season. I'd be happy to see how we do up front with the options we have or are likely to have at the end of this window. January could mean a change in Attacking options if needed though. But I'm hoping for Soldado to come good..

It's incredibly rare for high profile player swaps to happen, so for a 5 player swap to happen it would probably mean a tear in the fabric of spacetime.

Ibrahimovic for Eto'o was one, Matic + cash for Luiz was another... err... any more notable ones?

ayG5Fpn.jpg
Siggurdson for Ben Davies:gylfi:
Completely agree with you though I'd say 99% of 'swap deal' stories are utter nonsense.

cahspur cahspur

How truthful u judging the schdierlin/Rodriguez rumors?

Still zero ITK on the TFC thread.....which prob means they r true...

Pretty overwhelming at this point. Even reports of some dudes there in Soho seeing Hooiveld helping move Schneiderlin out.

Could all be bullshit, but we've been linked with these guys all summer and the reports since yesterday are pretty substantial.

Schneidyerlin im cool with, so long as we clear out anyone Pooch thinks is dead weight (except Holtby). Rodriguez, I am not sold on...would prefer to see how he does the first half of the season and see how he comes back from injury.

I won't post the rest of Grey Fox' post as it really does appear to just be a rehash of what's in the papers aside from him suggesting we may just roll with loans at CB; but he also said to pay close attention to who travels with the squad on Friday to Helsinki. Those who are left behind will be a good indication of who's headed out.

I don't want particularly want Vlad to leave, but Daws was better than him last season and plenty of Spurs fans want him out. Between the two I'd rather see Vlad go. The key thing is we need another CB in, then by all means let Poch/Levy sell one they don't want/right price/whatever.
The only attributes that Dawson has over Vlad at this point is experience and nostalgia. Dawson has been a great leader for us, very often a steady hand at the back when we needed it, and has only been a professional to the club and the fans. All of that being said, I think his best days are well behind him and experience can only take you so far.

We played a high line a lot last year and it appears that Poch will often utilize one again this year as well. As we have seen a number of times, he is far too slow to play in that type of a system and we will get eaten alive by fast, cutting runs. I'm not advocating for him to pack his bags and leave, but he's absolutely not in my starting eleven at this moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom