Summer 2014 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha I can beat you both... 17th july if you please..I spoke to a Mate of mine and he said that Schneiderlin was the one player Poch was going to sign..

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Has Schneiderlin signed yet? Coz he will..
SouthStand Billy, 17 Jul 2014 Edit Delete Sin Bin
#5367 + MULTI-QUOTE QUOTETAG

I incepted the idea in MP the day he came to Spurs.

Even in consideration of simple lever mechanics, we're now placing far more weight on the end of these levers than the fulcrums are meant to withstand. But again, due to the stronger nature of white muscle from having less mitochondria and more room for spread of cytoskeleton, it can handle more stress and shear than the red muscle in association football players.
This sounds racist… but how can I build up my white muscle?

An injured Rodriguez and a central midfielder in a position we already have well covered with existing and far more proven players than Schneiderlin? Great. Oh, not to mention another upcoming player in Davies that has also yet to establish himself as a genuinely top class player.

At this rate I might just melt my membership card on the last day of the season in protest.

Are there any reliable sources for that? I sure as hell don't want that to happen! I thought Vlad did pretty well last season and would definitely like to see more of him.
Would love Vlad to stay! I think he is one player who really plays for the shirt 100%

When you look at the clubs that finished in the top 4 last year are spending and quality they are getting you can see us staying round about where we are we need a quality striker and some cover at CB bad because kaboul and dawson wont do it we come up against a team with a bit of pace at its 4 -5 and 6 against us

Would love Vlad to stay! I think he is one player who really plays for the shirt 100%
If he were to go we'd surely need to bring in 2 CB's? That's not even taking into account Dawson's future - it makes no sense to me unless A) Poch really doesn't fancy him, or B) Maybe his back injury is worse than we're letting on? (If that were the case I'm not sure why anyone would want to buy him though?)

Missed this piece on him by Squawka yesterday:

http://www.squawka.com/news/should-spurs-let-vlad-chiriches-leave-the-club-this-summer/147592

Seems like a great bit of business if we pick up these two. Jay Rodriguez is well suited to the Premiership, proven, adds pace that we haven't had since Bale and Lennon were around. Think his inability to break down stocked defences has been branded on here, I'd say he did exactly that at a massively possession dominating Southampton, and he's the finisher of such moves, constantly making runs and dragging defenders all over the shop, Eriksen and Lamela will love him. On Schniederlain he's a high tempo player, great feet and great timing of tackling, massive part of Pochs pressing game at Southampton, absolutely key to that. Is he better than 2012/13 first half of season Sandro? No. Is Sandro that player anymore? No. Imo although like give or take anyone I've alot of time for Sandro, he just isn't able to keep fit. Four seasons in and he's been injured for more than half that, looked rash when he got opportunities last year, it's a shame but I'd take the stability of having a player like Schniederlain all day long. Massive part of our fuck ups last year was lack of any consistency in our lineups, no solid centre back partnership, no centre midfield partnership that worked, no real understanding between our team that you get when you play with the same players. I mention it alot but that Assou Ekotto-Bale-Modric left side of midfield was fantastic, obviously the personnel were to level but the amount of time they spent on the pitch together gave them fantastic understanding. On a last signing note surely we will get a centre back before the season starts to partner Jan. I would love Kaboul to be alive but my fears of Sandro are mirrored in him. Reasons to be thinking positive though:freundgoal:

Agree, I thought Vlad did ok last season under the circumstances. Got caught out on a few occasion, but had/has the pace to recover more often than not. And now with a season under his belt I thought he would do well in a Poch system? Lets hope its just another redundant cog of the rumour mill.

When you look at the clubs that finished in the top 4 last year are spending and quality they are getting you can see us staying round about where we are we need a quality striker and some cover at CB bad because kaboul and dawson wont do it we come up against a team with a bit of pace at its 4 -5 and 6 against us

Teams that finished in the top four last season:
Man city: owned by an Arab billionaire. 50k seater stadium (given practically for free) in last 3 seasons have won 2 premier leagues, the fa cup and the league. Enormous wage bill.

Liverpool: just sold a player for 78 million. Huge established global football brand. 45k stadium. Enormous wage bill.

Chelsea: owned by a Russian billionaire. 42k stadium. In last 3 season have won the champions league and fa cup. Enormous wage bill.

Woolwich: established top 4 side for almost 2 decades. 60k stadium now fully paid for. Another hugely followed global brand. Huge wage bill.

Man united: one of the biggest clubs in world football and the most profitable. 76k stadium. Just signed a kit deal worth 90 million a season. Huge wage bill.

Tottenham: owned by an investment company. In the process of trying to secure funding for a completely new stadium with very little public investment. Current capacity 36k. Not won a major domestic or European trophy since 1991 and not won the league at all in the modern era. Lowest wage bill out of traditional 'top 6' clubs.

Do you see where you might need to reign in your expectations?

I,m reading Vlad was a requested add on by Roma in a 5 player deal involving Soldado, Sandro, Vlad, Benatia and Destro. Have no idea of the nuts and bolts of this potential exchange but Baldini is in Rome sorting it?

Salt anyone?

I want players that play for the club, Sandro, Vlad even Soldado are wanted players I reckon they are needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom