Summer 2014 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have said many times bony is my number one choice bit id take remy, eto is to old and won't add enough IMO.

From yesterday's performance I would like a David silva, Lallana type of player, eriksen is amazing but he gets bullied a bit and to be honest he's not a possession player, a clever link player who can take the ball under pressure. We have not had someone like that since modric really and someone like that would complete our midfield. Not sure who would fit this bill to be honest.

Other than that sell our weaker players and perhaps get another centre back, don't need that many more players 2-3 should complete us.
Isco would be a great solution for us, would like to have him as a dday screamer. But I nearly gave up hoping for that.

Hmmm ... Change of stance for Koeman; a bit less firm on his stance:

Apparently, Koeman post-game said, "We are hoping he will stay ... He's a important player ... etc."

So it's gone from "Morgan will not be leaving this club and he has to accept that" to " we are hoping he will stay" .... That's as good as done to me boys, I fully expect Schneiderlin to be wearing a spurs shirt in a few weeks. Might be a levy last minute special but it will happen

So it's gone from "Morgan will not be leaving this club and he has to accept that" to " we are hoping he will stay" .... That's as good as done to me boys, I fully expect Schneiderlin to be wearing a spurs shirt in a few weeks. Might be a levy last minute special but it will happen

Levy will do his stuff on deadline day.. He will screw them over.

Do we really need a new CB?
Dier looks decent, plus Vertonghen and Chiriches will leap frog Kaboul in the pecking order.
Dier is just 20, chriches seems to be injured or on a move and kaboul didn't look really good to me vs west ham. So I think yes, we need a no. 1 option next to verts.

Do we really need a new CB?
Dier looks decent, plus Vertonghen and Chiriches will leap frog Kaboul in the pecking order.

Again, our manager played CB in La Liga for nine years, represented Argentina at a World Cup at CB, managed in La Liga, has now managed in the Prem, and turned an average foreign CB into a one Liverpool paid top sterling for. If that dude says we need a CB and especially one from La Liga, you sit down, shut up, and get out the checkbook.

Again, our manager played CB in La Liga for nine years, represented Argentina at a World Cup at CB, managed in La Liga, has now managed in the Prem, and turned an average foreign CB into a one Liverpool paid top sterling for. If that dude says we need a CB and especially one from La Liga, you sit down, shut up, and get out the checkbook.
True.

I suppose that's just me being nervous, we are about to sell Vertonghen or something.

Who, despite being our best defender last season happened to lean onto a wall last season thus losing himself 80% of the fanbase, appearently

True.

I suppose that's just me being nervous, we are about to sell Vertonghen or something.

Who, despite being our best defender last season happened to lean onto a wall last season thus losing himself 80% of the fanbase, appearently

Nah I don't think we'll sell him. Not sure why it's not been announced, but there have been many reports at this point he's already signed his new contract.

Didn't see the game but twitter insinuates that MS played like a man who could not give a shit about the team. If I recall correctly then the earlier ITK on MS said that Saints would not let him go before the first game of the season. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for MS or Pirlo.
If true, I would be a bit worried about his attitude. He is a highly paid professional. I don't like the idea that he would deliberately play badly. If he is willing to behave unprofessionally for Saints, then he could, down the line, behave unprofessionally at his next club.

Welcome, from a fellow American.

You post on Spurs' reddit by any chance? Your thoughts seem to be the general consensus from over there.

We can ignore the talk of another midfielder all we like, but the fact is our manager rather clearly wants this move, so I do think it's reasonable we discuss why.

As for my own stance, we have done far too much slow, horizontal passing from the midfield the last two years. Far, far too much of it. Aside from Bentaleb at 28, none of our other midfielders averaged more than 24 forward passes per game. Schneiderlin averaged a whopping 37 forward passes per game, as well as led the league in tackles and interceptions. He also knows Poch's unusual tactics well, so could help make the transition time much shorter considering Schneiderlin himself said it took Saints six months to fully implement his ideas. As we saw in the game yesterday, we still have problems with adequately closing on the ball in midfield to prevent dangerous situations from developing further into our own half. Schneiderlin, with his rate of tackles and interceptions, rather clearly would be an upgrade in preventing these situations.

So to these eyes, I can see why Poch would want such a move. Quantity is never a reason not to pursue quality.

Excellent summary, and no, I don't visit Reddit very often. So, in your opinion if it's MS, and perhaps another defensive addition, is striker out of the question?

Excellent summary, and no, I don't visit Reddit very often. So, in your opinion if it's MS, and perhaps another defensive addition, is striker out of the question?

Depends on if we have a taker for Soldado. We just can't feasibly have three senior strikers for one role financially or personnel-wise, and especially at the expense of hindering Kane's development. So if we can find a taker for Soldado, or if someone has finally come through who can afford Ade's wages, then yeah I've no doubt we'll push hard for a striker.

Isco would be a great solution for us, would like to have him as a dday screamer. But I nearly gave up hoping for that.

If Isco came in on dday I would probably nut my TV with excitement.

Unfortunately our deadline day will probably consist of a loan deal for Khumalo and Jim White creaming his pants at a Helicopter being spotted whilst I eat some peanuts in a wife beater.

Hopefully that would be Bony! But it has to be ade leaving for him because of the acon.

I like Bony a lot. Big fan actually. I also think he'd work wonderfully under Poch, as his defensive contribution is more than substantial. But I think the reason it seems to have gone quiet on the Bony front, the fact we seem to be flirting with European players (Monaco practically confirmed we had expressed interest in Martial), and possibly because he wasn't even at the game, that Soldado looks more likely to go.

The more I think about it the more I think Remy would suit us to the ground. I think he would be superb in a front 3 of Lamela, Remy and Adebayor. I would personally love to get rid of Lennon and have Chadli + Townsend as our back up wing forwards to put pressure on both Lamela and Remy. I think there's something in this and a levy last minute special could be on the cards.

True.

:baeshock:

Seriously???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom